SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Penn St. Nashville 2020-21

FGHTNSX Hawkey14

On 12/21/2019 at 10:13 AM, Langster019 said:

Do people on stubhub really think they're going to be able to sell lower bowl tickets for $800+? That's asinine. 

Think about it,
and by the way the game is sold out, so you have that working for them.
Maybe just 5 years ago, I would of agreed with you.

But this month I bought 8 tickets through UND for over $120 each (seats behind the goalie)  to go to a Hall of Fame game in Nashville to play Penn St,, and you do know what many posters on here think of the B1G teams??? Hint; garbage - nobody goes to see them. Well, they' are now going to see them?  
Has UND ever sold tickets over $100 before?
Then add in 3 nights of  rooms, plane ride, horderves, and beer. 
Al's plane package is also quite a few $.

For some, the ticket is a small part of the 3 to 4 day endeavor, and they will pay to play.

9 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Think about it,

But this month I bought 8 tickets through UND for over $120 each (seats behind the goalie)  to go to a Hall of Fame game in Nashville to play Penn St,, and you do know what many posters on here think of the B1G teams??? Hint; garbage - nobody goes to see them. Well, they' are now going to see them?  
Then add in 3 nights of  rooms, plain ride, horderves, and beer. 

For some, the ticket is a small part of the 3 to 4 day endeavor, and they will pay to play.

Tickets in Vegas were $100.   And just like Vegas, I suspect many of the people that bought will have a few seats to sell when it gets closer to the event.  Things inevitably come up, and people that were on the fence about going will fall one way or the other, and their friends will have to dispose of some of those tickets.  

On 12/21/2019 at 10:21 AM, Vegas_Sioux said:

78414C38-ECA6-431A-BABA-C827EFB8072D.jpeg

10 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Think about it,

Then add in 3 nights of  rooms, plain ride, horderves, and beer. 

1 hour ago, tnt said:

Tickets in Vegas were $100.   And just like Vegas, I suspect many of the people that bought will have a few seats to sell when it gets closer to the event.  Things inevitably come up, and people that were on the fence about going will fall one way or the other, and their friends will have to dispose of some of those tickets.  

My whole point/question is if those selling for such inflated prices honestly believe they’ll get that kind of money. I just don’t see it happening. I figured double the price not 5x the cost. 

34 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

My whole point/question is if those selling for such inflated prices honestly believe they’ll get that kind of money. I just don’t see it happening. I figured double the price not 5x the cost. 

It happened for the Vegas game, however getting in the door there was much more difficult.

1 hour ago, Langster019 said:

Why not try? If someone takes it, you're up big.  If not, you lower them to normal later on. 

There's lots of people with too much money willing to overpay for things. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Why not try? If someone takes it, you're up big.  If not, you lower them to normal later on. 

There's lots of people with too much money willing to overpay for things. 

Could also see people who plan on going to the game listing tickets at prices like this, and if the tickets sell, hoorah!

On 12/25/2019 at 6:30 PM, VMeister said:

Yes, but it was through Delta. Coach was under $500 US. 

2893D136-7695-4D19-9246-86B0C57D5AF3.jpeg

We were considering WestJet out of YWG but for different dates. Be sure to check out the seat map and read the user comments. Some seats are better than others.

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Westjet/Westjet_Bombardier_Q400.php

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Westjet/Westjet_Boeing_737-800.php

Just returned from a visit to Nashville over Christmas, surprised the parents with tickets.

Couple of tidbits

1) The Gulch district of downtown is really booming. I hardly recognized it from living there many years ago. Anyone with a hotel in that area will find plenty of things to eat/drink. 

2) Nashville airport is undergoing a major renovation which includes concourse expansion and six additional gates. I think these are all going to Southwest Airlines, This should all be completed in Summer of 2020, so should open more flight options in the fall. 

3) Delta is expanding the Sky Lounge to over 10,000 sqft with completion in late 2020. Hopefully before for October for those Delta flyers. 

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I mean, unless you're driving to MSP, you aren't getting it any cheaper. And even then, it isn't a whole lot better until Southwest releases their flights. A lot to be said leaving from GFK and having no stops, definitely worth it for some.

I'm waiting for Southwest to release their flights to Nashville from Denver. This should happen mid February. Right now I figure it will be half the price of a Untied or Delta flight.

10 hours ago, MissSioux85 said:

I understand the convenience factor, but $500 round-trip for BASIC Allegiant flight is insane! Slightly less out of Fargo.

And the dates have to be Thursday-Sunday.

Unless you got in before the glut, it was $338 each way to Vegas.