SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Penn St. Nashville 2020-21

FGHTNSX Hawkey14

Poor Minnesota fans think that UND wouldn't let Penn State have any tickets, that is why it will be 99 percent UND fans in Nashville.  Seems to me there were 4000 or so seats when they went on sale to the general public.  Of course it has to be embarrassing for them that they had an opportunity to squeeze UND fans out of Mariucci.  How did that end up working out? Get 4000 fans in your home arena, then complain about UND fans squeezing out the competition at a neutral site.  

51 minutes ago, tnt said:

Poor Minnesota fans think that UND wouldn't let Penn State have any tickets, that is why it will be 99 percent UND fans in Nashville.  Seems to me there were 4000 or so seats when they went on sale to the general public.  Of course it has to be embarrassing for them that they had an opportunity to squeeze UND fans out of Mariucci.  How did that end up working out? Get 4000 fans in your home arena, then complain about UND fans squeezing out the competition at a neutral site.  

What else does Minnesota have to bich about?;)

7 hours ago, cberkas said:

:lol:

They're just mad that their fan base wont show up for games in Minneapolis and the NCHC Tournament will out draw a Gopher playoff game.

My favorite part was Motzko talking about the "green fans" that showed up, than made a snide remark that they all live in Minneapolis anyways. Sounds like he's starting to get bitter that his own fans that live in Mpls don't show up. 

15 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

My favorite part was Motzko talking about the "green fans" that showed up, than made a snide remark that they all live in Minneapolis anyways. Sounds like he's starting to get bitter that his own fans that live in Mpls don't show up. 

I'm not so certain this entirely true.  I heard him reference something about UND traveling and all living in the Twin Cities area, but the way I heard it he was more trying to throw a dig at us because they understand we have fans who get upset when people say the reason we have great attendance in the Twin Cities and Denver is due to all of our alumni in the area.  Motzko and others acknowledge that UND fans are going to show up and that they travel well.

Still 10 months away and every major has some type of crime, but just a heads up.

As mentioned in a previous post, I grew up in Nashville and still feel relatively safe when making the occasional trip to Broadway/2nd Ave. However, I can honestly say "it ain't like it use to be." 

https://www.wkrn.com/news/organized-crime-rings-target-music-city/

If any wants to experience the local version of Nashville, I'll be happy to offer suggestions. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Other than the hockey game is there anything else to do in Nashville??

:D

average high temp in Nashville in October is around 70 degrees 

Nashville does have a few bars and something about music

Non music related ideas:

Andrew Jackson's Plantation if a history buff

Jack Daniel's and George Dickel Distillery's is about 2 hours away

Corvette Museum in Bowling Green is about a hour away in Bowling Green

Full Scale replica of the Parthenon at Centennial Park

Opryland Hotel is worth a first time visit, due to size and large indoor garden

Stone River National Battlefield or Carton Plantation for Civil War history

Lane Motor Museum has a fun car collection 

Music Related:

Country Music Hall of Fame

RCA Studios 

Johnny Cash Museum 

Throw a rock and hit any bar for live music (Tootsies is the famous one) 

End up on BroadwayUncensored2 Instagram for those having a really great time

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, northernraider said:

Still 10 months away and every major has some type of crime, but just a heads up.

As mentioned in a previous post, I grew up in Nashville and still feel relatively safe when making the occasional trip to Broadway/2nd Ave. However, I can honestly say "it ain't like it use to be." 

https://www.wkrn.com/news/organized-crime-rings-target-music-city/

If any wants to experience the local version of Nashville, I'll be happy to offer suggestions. 

Good to see someone else in Bemidji who cheers for the proper color of green:D

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, tnt said:

She is one dumb lady isn't she?

2 hours ago, northernraider said:

I've started an alumni club in Bemidji. So far it's just me and the wife. Always looking for more

I drove from GF (3 years ago just after Christmas) to the Bemidji Sports Center to pick up a 14' aluminum skid house for ice fishing. Met two separate individuals there with Sioux garb on. Had to say hi to each.

Watching the Wild and Coyotes. Been to Gila River Arena a few times. Decent arena but located in a pretty cool part of Glendale. IMO PHX is a no brainier for a destination game. Get lucky to have the Cardinals and Coyotes in town during same time frame. Maybe the Suns too.18 holes every morning......take in some sports event in the evening. No sports event that day......36.

16 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Watching the Wild and Coyotes. Been to Gila River Arena a few times. Decent arena but located in a pretty cool part of Glendale. IMO PHX is a no brainier for a destination game. Get lucky to have the Cardinals and Coyotes in town during same time frame. Maybe the Suns too.18 holes every morning......take in some sports event in the evening. No sports event that day......36.

I very much agree with it being a good vacation spot during the season, but with a D1 team in town it just doesn't make sense to have a "destination" game there. By the time it's scheduled, ASU *should* be breaking ground on their arena, and we could just schedule a home-and-home series with them. Same reason Boston, Denver and St. Paul aren't going to (or at least shouldn't) be destinations.  If all else fails, Vegas would work a second time, with T-Mobile the host instead. 

I think Seattle is being considered because it covers a different region of the country. That's also why Tampa/Miami should be considered; Nashville and Florida are geographically and culturally different enough that it feels unique. My vote is Miami, if only because I've learned to never try to recreate the magic.

• Upvote 1