SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Penn St. Nashville 2020-21

FGHTNSX Hawkey14

12 hours ago, WiSioux said:

Not if it is postponed and not cancelled

Maybe different with sporting events, but with most of the big concerts that have been affected, cancelled = immediate refund and postponed = your choice of keeping ticket for the rescheduled event or getting refund.  However with the postponement it can get tricky.  You only have 30 days from the day the new date is announced to declare your refund.  If no new date is immediately announced then the 30 day window starts 60 days after the initial postponement is announced.  Would UND "postpone" the event until 2022 leaving alot of people's money in limbo for 2 years?

3 hours ago, northernraider said:

Tennessee Governor has extended state of emergency until August 29th and face masks are now required when in public in Nashville. 

Phase 3 has also been delayed due to a sharp rise in hospitalizations 

1% chance this game happens

I saw an article the other day that stated there was probably 25% chance then for this game to happen, and that it is possible that UND pursue next year HOF game if it looks like it would be able to occur to have this game. They said it is not out of the ordinary for UND to fork over money as they did last year to buy it from Xcel Energy Center for $100,000. 

Possibly move this game to 2021, and if 2020 can have fans in college hockey move this year to Sioux Falls? They have the logistics from the regional, and the Sioux Falls market did not get to see UND play that year. Tickets would have to be refunded and sold as a new event, but atleast its a new facility for UND to play in that will draw fans and the Premier Center is already scheduling events with fans this year again. 

1 minute ago, Wildfan said:

I saw an article the other day that stated there was probably 25% chance then for this game to happen, and that it is possible that UND pursue next year HOF game if it looks like it would be able to occur to have this game. They said it is not out of the ordinary for UND to fork over money as they did last year to buy it from Xcel Energy Center for $100,000. 

Possibly move this game to 2021, and if 2020 can have fans in college hockey move this year to Sioux Falls? They have the logistics from the regional, and the Sioux Falls market did not get to see UND play that year. Tickets would have to be refunded and sold as a new event, but atleast its a new facility for UND to play in that will draw fans and the Premier Center is already scheduling events with fans this year again. 

I am sorry but Sioux Falls is not a destination venue. Just my opinion.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, crb1 said:

I am sorry but Sioux Falls is not a destination venue. Just my opinion.

I get where you are coming from and I would think they may find a leas attractive opponent to save PSU for Nashville just a Idea. Most likely it would just move back to the Ralph but also depends on if fans are allowed. Just know Sioux Falls have stayed more open and just a option. I was bummed that UND did not make the regional and would love to see them play in Sioux Falls. 

Be more of a neutral site game within driving distance and not a destination game. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Wildfan said:

I get where you are coming from and I would think they may find a leas attractive opponent to save PSU for Nashville just a Idea. Most likely it would just move back to the Ralph but also depends on if fans are allowed. Just know Sioux Falls have stayed more open and just a option. I was bummed that UND did not make the regional and would love to see them play in Sioux Falls. 

Be more of a neutral site game within driving distance and not a destination game. 

Thanks, I really like your reply. I think Sioux Falls would make a good regional but just not a destination, again in my opinion. I want to go somewhere I can escape the Dakotas during that time but I am also aware of the fact that it is pretty slim pickens right now..

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

I’m kind of surprised we haven’t heard anything given the BIG10 fall schedule plan of conference opponents only. Granted hockey is a different animal, thought we’d hear something. 

Men’s Hockey is considered a winter sport.  I don’t believe the B1G has made any announcements concerning winter sports.  Having said that, I’d think an announcement should be happening rather soon so fans can cancel hotels/flights etc.

2 hours ago, dmksioux said:

Men’s Hockey is considered a winter sport.  I don’t believe the B1G has made any announcements concerning winter sports.  Having said that, I’d think an announcement should be happening rather soon so fans can cancel hotels/flights etc.

I don't think they'll announce winter sports plans till they have a better feel for how school is going to go.

2 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Penn State could be the one backing out? 

Doubt it.  Everyone involved wants 100% of the revenue potential, meaning UND, the Ralph, and the Hall of Fame.  My money is on the event being postponed a year.

2 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Doubt it.  Everyone involved wants 100% of the revenue potential, meaning UND, the Ralph, and the Hall of Fame.  My money is on the event being postponed a year.

Penn State isn't included in your everyone and rightfully so. 
They're a weak cog in this game because of the Corona virus along with the earning potential for them is small.
Corona is also an overall factor.

7 minutes ago, streetsahead said:

Who sent that email?

That was through a link on the original hotel confirmation to change or cancel the reservation from 11-20-2019 via the official housing service for the event. 

When I clicked on the link to cancel - I received this response with a cancellation confirmation & the message.