SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Penn St. Nashville 2020-21

FGHTNSX Hawkey14

When you have every state dictating what happens with their institutions I don’t know how any season goes forward 

state  mandates will supersede  any conference or NCAA mandates for these institutions

2 hours ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

I hate bringing this up, but if college football cancels or goes no fans what is going to happen to the hall of fame game. 

If there are no fans, then likely no kick offs, then no pucks dropped or jump balls either. That would make 2020 as a sad year for sports. Just MHO.
But if there are fans at the games, make some noise!

8 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

If there are no fans, then likely no kick offs, then no pucks dropped or jump balls either. That would make 2020 as a sad year for sports. Just MHO.
But if there are fans at the games, make some noise!

If "social distancing" is the immediate, knee-jerk reaction to every future bug, strain, variant, etc., ALL spectator sports are in jeopardy...forever. No season that begins is assured of finishing, and no off-season is assured of ending.  Could become new betting lines in Vegas.

All we can do is pray that the "science" evolves to show that "curve flattening" is a definite, achievable objective, rather than the fluid, indeterminable, and movable goal post that it is now.

55 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

If "social distancing" is the immediate, knee-jerk reaction to every future bug, strain, variant, etc., ALL spectator sports are in jeopardy...forever. No season that begins is assured of finishing, and no off-season is assured of ending.  Could become new betting lines in Vegas.

All we can do is pray that the "science" evolves to show that "curve flattening" is a definite, achievable objective, rather than the fluid, indeterminable, and movable goal post that it is now.

I also think that a vaccine changes that quickly.

I saw a poll last night that said 72% of fans(sports in general) were not likely to attend a game until there is a vaccine.

1 hour ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

tenor.gif.7658678628d2d17e6bc6a08de5c25bff.gif

1 hour ago, franchise said:

I also think that a vaccine changes that quickly.

I saw a poll last night that said 72% of fans(sports in general) were not likely to attend a game until there is a vaccine.

I'm buying those numbers about as much as I am buying some of the crazy and arbitrary numbers that I have seen thrown around on Coronavirus as a whole. 

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

For the past month, I have debated whether or not to purchase plane tickets while prices are WAY down for some airlines/itineraries, but don't want to wind up stuck with non-refundable tickets if the game ends up being played WITHOUT fans. Anyone else in the same boat?

If the game is to be played without fans, I hope UND announces sooner than later as a lot of time and money goes into the planning of these trips. Ours is a group of six and we would all be traveling from different states. None of us has booked flights yet.

Having said that, I'd guess UND/The Ralph would prefer to wait until the last possible moment to make this decision as they would stand to lose quite a bit of revenue, etc.

1 hour ago, MissSioux85 said:

For the past month, I have debated whether or not to purchase plane tickets while prices are WAY down for some airlines/itineraries, but don't want to wind up stuck with non-refundable tickets if the game ends up being played WITHOUT fans. Anyone else in the same boat?

If the game is to be played without fans, I hope UND announces sooner than later as a lot of time and money goes into the planning of these trips. Ours is a group of six and we would all be traveling from different states. None of us has booked flights yet.

Having said that, I'd guess UND/The Ralph would prefer to wait until the last possible moment to make this decision as they would stand to lose quite a bit of revenue, etc.

October is a long way off and who knows what airlines will do between now and October. Delta just cut direct flight MSP to BNA to once per day for May.  I think they typically run 5 a day on this route. Looks like October is still the standard 5 per day at this time, but who knows if this will change as airlines reorganize flight schedules. 

Delta had waived all change and cancellation fee I believe through Sept... You probably wouldn't get a refund and would only get a credit but I think it's pretty safe that if you didn't go to wouldn't be out the money

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/27/2020 at 6:00 PM, sioux rube said:

Just another reason we are driving. I do it for a dealership in town delivering cars around the country so it’s no big deal to me 

that sounds like a fun job, I think I would like seeing the country by car, or is it more business like than I am imagining?  

28 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

that sounds like a fun job, I think I would like seeing the country by car, or is it more business like than I am imagining?  

I haul a vehicle and haul one back usually. Been to Seattle a couple times, Denver a handful of times and Arkansas, Oklahoma, and so on. Wisconsin quite a bit too. Always come back with many cases of Spotted Cow for my buddies and myself. I’m a retired railroad guy so it gives me something to do along with helping a buddy of mine who farms 

• Upvote 2

This isn’t good news 

Although it's only mid-May, college hockey teams are already starting to call off nonconference road trips that require airplane flights because of anticipated budget crunches due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The first domino has already fallen. Holy Cross has canceled its two-game series at Arizona State.

It won't be the last.

A source says that Boston College and Northeastern are expecting St. Cloud State to call off its October trip to Boston, where it was scheduled to play one game against each team. St. Cloud State says a final decision on the Boston trip is pending and should be made in about two weeks.

This from Schlossman in the Herald today