SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Non-UND FCS thread

The Sicatoka

5 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Nice to see NDSU lose. No longer at the top. No longer undefeated in Frisco. Ag college football is not invincible.

The problem is, we've now created a new monster.   SDSU is very capable of taking off right where NDSU left off.   We still need to figure out how to get past the first round of the playoffs and make the deep deep run.   Until then, it doesn't really matter if it's NDSU or SDSU making the natty run.

I know it doesn't matter much to most, but the National Champs were down to UND by 14 early.

A WR missed an assignment, and they got a pick six, but UND was moving the ball well early that day. 
That play sucked the momentum out of the game, yet UND lead at the half.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Hawkster said:

The problem is, we've now created a new monster.   SDSU is very capable of taking off right where NDSU left off.   We still need to figure out how to get past the first round of the playoffs and make the deep deep run.   Until then, it doesn't really matter if it's NDSU or SDSU making the natty run.

Oh yeah it does. Can’t despise SDSU any where near what I do NDSU. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, shep said:

I know it doesn't matter much to most, but the National Champs were down to UND by 14 early.

A WR missed an assignment, and they got a pick six, but UND was moving the ball well early that day. 
That play sucked the momentum out of the game, yet UND lead at the half.

Yup. We have gotten to the level of being competitive. But we can’t plateau at this level. It’s difficult to move up to a top 10 team and beyond, but if it was easy anyone could do it. I don’t care who the coaches are as long as we get there and once there, stay there. That is where UND, the other Dakotas and the Montanas should be. SDSU may be better next year than this year. I would expect the same from UND. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hawkster said:

I can deal with a monster that looks like a jackrabbit.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Why aren’t NDSU 7 and 70 showboating today? ;) 

I was so wanting an SDSU player to do a horns down right in front of his face......or try to give him a high five while they were getting their asses handed to them.