SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Non-UND FCS thread

The Sicatoka

On 1/20/2023 at 3:19 PM, Wilbur said:

And yet another claim on Twitter by a football coach in Minneapolis of "black players leaving" NDSU.

Here we go.....

NDSU hates black players???????  That's pretty laughable although I do enjoy the problems they are having.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Yeah, that St Peter connection is really working out great for UND. Two FCS games at Target Field and UND not in either of them.  

Who's UND going to play to draw a crowd that makes it worthwhile there? The two answers are NDSU and maybe SDSU. Is playing a conference game there instead of the Alerus really a net positive for the football team? And that's assuming the opponent signs off on it. 

I could see trying to schedule St. Thomas there now that they are D1 but you have to find a year they can play and then hope Target Field would be able to accommodate. 

Wow, this place gets really bizarre when things aren't going well! At least we all know if the sports aren't entertaining, these boards will be good for a few laughs!

#firedavestpeter

#lotofgooditdoesundtohaveaproteamhireouralumni

#ihavenocluehowthatmakessenseimjustoveremotional

#:angry:

14 hours ago, SuhakiYeahYeah said:

I always wondered if und could ever do a destination game for football. Where would the most likely destination game be? Target field or somewhere else?

At first thought I'm not a fan, it screws up tailgating for one thing. Better to promote getting more fans to go on road trips and UND hosting a tailgate party at road trip. 

17 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

The forum has a tweet out on Mcfeelys next in this riveting series of race relations concerning NDSU Football.  In order -

"Yo Mulattos, where you at and what color is your parents?"

"Pale White guys and Gingers, building the O-line from 9-man North Dakota"

"Why football teams need a token Mexican or Arab"

"Samoans and Asians, why they never migrate past Utah to North Dakota"

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/mcfeely-nothing-crazy-going-on-when-it-comes-to-bison-transfers 

There's an old adage: "If you're explaining, you're losing."  McFeely is explaining. 

Or as "360" says ... 

We all know that Bison fans get worked up over almost anything and expect nothing less than perfection...but Randy Hedberg had it right.  This is the new normal...the portal hit us last year, it hit NDSU this year...SDSU might yet see it in future years.  The biggest thing in my mind is making sure you recruit players that "want to be here"...that won't cure the defections completely...but it'll help in my mind.  If you recruit somebody that comes to UND or any FCS/lower FBS school because it's their highest offer...they'll leave the minute they show they can play at a higher level.

That being said...McFooly sucks...he's such a clown!  UNDFootball360 has it completely right about McFooly...to make the argument he did without any comment from any of the players transferring out is so laughable!  Hope he doesn't skip shoulder day so he can continue carrying water for the Bison like the fanboy that he is!

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Imagine being blind to harsh realities.....

Still waiting to see all these quotes that prove the strawman argument's you build up to justify your ridiculous attitude. You continue to argue things that no one is saying all while actually ignoring the full scope of situations and calling the ones you do see excuses.

No one has said things are anywhere near perfect.
No one has said that there isn't definite room for improvement.
Everyone agrees that things need to be looked and evaluated across the board from staff to resources to facilities.

Maybe work on getting over yourself and join the rest of us in the real world, helping find ways to help the athletic department and University be the best they can be.

#:angry:
#instantgratification
#allhatnocattle
#:angry:LOUDNOISES:angry:

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Who's UND going to play to draw a crowd that makes it worthwhile there? The two answers are NDSU and maybe SDSU. Is playing a conference game there instead of the Alerus really a net positive for the football team? And that's assuming the opponent signs off on it. 

I could see trying to schedule St. Thomas there now that they are D1 but you have to find a year they can play and then hope Target Field would be able to accommodate. 

St. Thomas

13 hours ago, jdub27 said:

2008-2019 We were in the Great West, The Big Sky, or an Independent playing a Big Sky schedule.  I have no interest playing at Target Field now, after NDSU and SDSU will have already done it, but UND could have been leaders in this.  Games vs SDSU, USD, UNI, and Illinois State would have made a ton of sense as true neutral site games.  We missed the boat - simple as that. 

Now?  St. Thomas at Allianz Field in St. Paul would make sense for many reasons.  For example, we could have scheduled that for 2025 when FCS teams get to play an extra game.  Instead, we scheduled a home and home with Portland State, which is nowhere near our recruiting territory, is expensive to travel to, plays off campus in a former 7k seat baseball stadium, has poor tv production quality, and they are also at risk of dropping their program entirely which could leave UND in a scheduling bind.  UND has had a decade to find a creative way to engage potential UND Football fans in the Twin Cities, now in addition to NDSU, SDSU has beaten us in that regard as well.

• Upvote 2