SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Non-UND FCS thread

The Sicatoka

That's what drove ndsu out of DII they were tired of losing, yes I know how that worked out, but if SDSU pulls a run or two it might be the impetus for ndsu to run away again and compete for playing in a bowl game on a baseball field. Of course it all comes down to seeding and we know there is no integrity involved in that. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Nice to see NDSU lose. No longer at the top. No longer undefeated in Frisco. Ag college football is not invincible.

SDSU is also (moreso even)  ag college football.  Lmao.

Was expecting a L today. Figured the game would be competitive. Obviously not what happened. 

18 hours ago, Hawkster said:

We still need to figure out how to get past the first round of the playoffs and make the deep deep run.

I agree, that needs to be the focus. It’s been discussed ad nauseam on other threads. Players, coaches, administrators, fans all need to take the next step. But can’t ignore NDSU and SDSU. They will stand in UND’s way every season, both off the field (i.e., recruiting) and on it. SDSU used NDSU to boost their efforts by recognizing a very tangible benchmark right in front of them. UND needs to do the same. The standard is right there in front of them. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

... a very tangible benchmark right in front of them. UND needs to do the same. The standard is right there in front of them. 

That's why I keep harping on improved play at the line of scrimmage. That was crystal clear yesterday. 

I want a DL that makes our LB and DBs bored spectators and an OL that teams cringe from in fear. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

NDSU could be looking for a new DC already:
https://twitter.com/espnrittenberg/status/1612500463013732352?s=46&t=OjHIUaMLaf_qA59gc6cAeg

The comments ... 

"He good?"
"His defense gave up over 500 yards and 45 points in the National Championship game yesterday." 

Ouch. 

Their recruiting under Entz has gone downhill.  They were fortunate to get to Frisco but the road to mediocrity lies ahead for them. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

Their recruiting under Entz has gone downhill.  They were fortunate to get to Frisco but the road to mediocrity lies ahead for them. 

Lets' hope.  But I want to see them not win the natty for two years in a row before I start getting too excited.  Should we beat them next fall........after losing yesterday.....that would be perfect.....they would totally be in full meltdown mode after that! 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Lets' hope.  But I want to see them not win the natty for two years in a row before I start getting too excited.  Should we beat them next fall........after losing yesterday.....that would be perfect.....they would totally be in full meltdown mode after that! 

What a great goal to start the year off

8 minutes ago, crb1 said:

I find it very telling that the Fargo Herald has barely a mention of the lost game yesterday. Had the reverse happened we would have wall to wall coverage of the dynasty. It’s the little things. Even Channel 11 Valley news in one of their commercials or spots for the sports anchors they have a clip of the ag college celebrating a touchdown and then they have a clip of UND hockey being scored on. Coincidence, I think not. Passive aggressive jabbing. 

Logged into Inforum this morning and their were 6 articles on the main page. Perhaps that isn't enough.  

SDSU was a wagon.  Impressive season no doubt.  Outplayed in both trenches, skill positions and coaching.  I don't think they have an FBS game on the schedule in 2023 (could be wrong), if that's the case they may very well run the table next year with what they have coming back. 

https://www.grandforksherald.com/nativo/article?prx_t=pPMHA9yJZAXnoRA&ntv_acpl=1145438&ntv_acsc=1&ntv_gsscm=576*2;2008*2;2013*2;2029*4;2015*2;&ntv_ui=e210256f-b3be-49f8-898c-8253c5132699&ntv_ht=YuPCYwA

Our largest metropolitan area, Fargo-West Fargo, has an active downtown with the accredited Plains Art Museum, upscale restaurants and Broadway Square with markets and live music. The city is home to one of the world’s largest Microsoft field campuses, numerous industries, and North Dakota State University — a research university with NCAA Division I sports, including Bison football which has dominated the FCS for more than a decade.