SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Non-UND FCS thread

The Sicatoka

10 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Is this that players don't like Entz or realize how the level of play in FCS football has dropped to a point where you've got guys seeking the higher level to get noticed (Cox etc.)?

They haven't seen adversity for so long they don't know how to respond or react. At the first sign of trouble ... 

6 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

But doesn't this happen to every team at the end of the season? And don't most of these players end up regretting it when no one picks them up?

Until recently NDSU wasn't "every team". This is new for them. 

The "found a new home" stats for portal entrants are abysmal. Paging @nodak651

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

And yet another claim on Twitter by a football coach in Minneapolis of "black players leaving" NDSU.

Here we go.....

Izzo and kolpack debunked that by going over the transfers of the last few seasons.  

MN might as well throw shade at NDSU (and UND, SDSU and local MVFC schools) when given the chance.  They are all recruiting in the same area…at least in some aspects.  Yes obviously MN higher caliber but talking MVFC conference scholarship or a walk on at the u….It’s a dirty game, and if ya don’t play it you’re F’d.  

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Johnny Five said:

Izzo and kolpack debunked that by going over the transfers of the last few seasons.  

MN might as well throw shade at NDSU (and UND, SDSU and local MVFC schools) when given the chance.  They are all recruiting in the same area…at least in some aspects.  Yes obviously MN higher caliber but talking MVFC conference scholarship or a walk on at the u….It’s a dirty game, and if ya don’t play it you’re F’d.  

Lol sure man. Izzo got to the bottom of it. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Johnny Five said:

I mean they can’t change skin color.  Go do the research yourself if you don’t like the answer.  

12 guys have left the program.  majority were starters or played some.  You figure out if it was because of "money" like the sophomoric spin they are putting out says.  The program is burning from the inside out my man.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

12 guys have left the program.  majority were starters or played some.  You figure out if it was because of "money" like the sophomoric spin they are putting out says.  The program is burning from the inside out my man.  

Maybe a bit dramatic. As much as I hope you're right and that program has real issues, until it's proven on the field, like I said earlier today, I don't think their record will be any different next year. Two losses max and another trip to Frisco.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Nobody knows what will happen until the teams hit the field. But FU is bleeding more than usual this off-season.

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

Yeah obviously an issue.  Most transfers from “out of region.”  More and more are wanting that FBS too after seeing some success from others )not all).  My point was regarding the race card as inferred….

See how they respond.  They’re chasing SDSU for sure now and wouldn’t doubt at it UND beats them next season.  Sports are fun. 

24 minutes ago, Johnny Five said:

Yeah obviously an issue.  Most transfers from “out of region.”  More and more are wanting that FBS too after seeing some success from others )not all).  My point was regarding the race card as inferred….

See how they respond.  They’re chasing SDSU for sure now and wouldn’t doubt at it UND beats them next season.  Sports are fun. 

I am not saying anything about their 2023 season. Just connecting the dots about the program as we sit right now in January.  Very odd to see all those guys leave a program like that.

5 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Of course they did.  Has there ever been a local media that carries the water for a program like the Forum does?  My gawd

Sid at the Star Tribune and Lou Nanne are couple of water trucks for the Gophs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1