SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-23 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

Article on Tyler Kleven:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/unds-tyler-kleven-is-a-rare-player-who-can-still-impact-games-with-punishing-hits

"I'd like to have a couple of those majors back, wrapping guys up instead of going hard into the corners," Kleven said. "It's tough when you're a big guy. A lot of guys like to embellish. I think a couple of my calls were a little embellished and (the guys who got hit) ended up being on the power play the next shift."

8 hours ago, brianvf said:

As expected, Chris Jandric is leading the team in scoring after 6 games.

;) :) 

And not to mention a hell of a bounce back game for him last night! He was absolutely atrocious on friday and came back and played a confident game last night. He was one of our best players and one of few who seemed confident with the puck and actually had some legs. 

25 minutes ago, 1972 said:

I know pairwise is still to early to look at, but according to USCHO, we are 26 in pairwise....we definitely need to start stacking wins, or it could be a hell of a hill to climb

PWR is going to be incredibly volatile this early in the season with such a small sample size. 
One win or loss could move a team 10+ spots. 

• Upvote 1

PWR for NCHC should be decent given the non con performance so far. But not sure it will be as good as past seasons.

St. Cloud and Western Michigan should go a long ways for the league and at least Miami is winning most games thus far. Denver bouncing back to sweep Providence was big. Our strength of schedule should be top 3 I would think with Minnesota and Quinnipiac (last nights loss to Maine doesn’t help!).

Duluth losing 4 in a row and CC still struggling along with Omaha will drag down the strength of the conference. 

4 minutes ago, KCSioux said:

PWR for NCHC should be decent given the non con performance so far. But not sure it will be as good as past seasons.

St. Cloud and Western Michigan should go a long ways for the league and at least Miami is winning most games thus far. Denver bouncing back to sweep Providence was big. Our strength of schedule should be top 3 I would think with Minnesota and Quinnipiac (last nights loss to Maine doesn’t help!).

Duluth losing 4 in a row and CC still struggling along with Omaha will drag down the strength of the conference. 

I’m ok with Duluth losing.:D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2