SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-23 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

11 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

Too lazy to look, but what year did UND lost to the Manitoba Bison? 

From the release, no year, but context ...

Saturday marks the 22nd time North Dakota and Manitoba are set to square off in an exhibition contest, with UND winning the previous 21 contests.

That would lead me to believe more than 21 years ago. ;) 

From Schloss:

Earlier this week, UND was forced to cancel its annual media day due to a wave of non-COVID illness that hit the team. At that point, roughly half the team was out. But there's some good news on that front: Numbers are steadily climbing at practice. It's not certain that everyone will be available for Saturday's exhibition against Manitoba, but UND had enough guys on the ice for Thursday's practice to play.

28 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Really? 

CHN, USCHO, the Hurled, all have UND in that 4-5 range.

The only place I've seen UND lower (11) is FloHockey (and we know how much Chris Peters loves UND)

The one from Chris Peters on FloHockey wasn’t even a ranking. It’s just teams to watch for various reasons. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Sodbuster said:

Just finished looking at the Herald and it has UND at 11. Even ranked St. Cloud higher,,,,,,,,,,

I have no idea what some of you people are looking at so I have decided You must be looking at last year’s ranking because this year’s ranking UND is 4 and SCSU is 12. 

Pretty sure we were 11 in last year’s though. 

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

In his preseason poll Schloss has UND at.........11.

58 minutes ago, Sodbuster said:

Just finished looking at the Herald and it has UND at 11. Even ranked St. Cloud higher,,,,,,,,,,

Was in the Fargo Forum online addition this morning.

1 hour ago, siouxforce19 said:

I have no idea what some of you people are looking at so I have decided You must be looking at last year’s ranking because this year’s ranking UND is 4 and SCSU is 12. 

Pretty sure we were 11 in last year’s though. 

It was in my e-paper this morning. I was thinking maybe they screwed up and put last year's in my mistake. They even said Cloud had 96 per cent of their scoring back which didn't sound right to me.

Has Chris Peters historically shown disrespect to UND hockey? I haven't noticed it but that doesn't always mean much. I might have a thing or two to say about Chris Dilks but I can't recall any shade getting thrown from Chris Peters. Also if anyone hasn't listened to the Talking Hockey Sense podcast where he had Schloss on I would highly recommend it. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Sodbuster said:

It was in my e-paper this morning. I was thinking maybe they screwed up and put last year's in my mistake. They even said Cloud had 96 per cent of their scoring back which didn't sound right to me.

Yeah that’s definitely not right. UND brings back 74% of scoring back, which is one of the higher returns I’ve seen. 

1 minute ago, hockeytherapy13 said:

Has Chris Peters historically shown disrespect to UND hockey? I haven't noticed it but that doesn't always mean much. I might have a thing or two to say about Chris Dilks but I can't recall any shade getting thrown from Chris Peters. Also if anyone hasn't listened to the Talking Hockey Sense podcast where he had Schloss on I would highly recommend it. 

I actually heard another podcast with Chris Peters over the summer and he was asked what college hockey program he would recommend for top prospects to consider and he specifically mentioned UND and UMD as his top two college hockey programs. 

• Upvote 3