SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-23 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

13 hours ago, Goon said:

This is a pretty good podcast. I think you find that the players are reading the things people post about them online on Sioux Sports and Twitter. You can hear it about the 40 minutes mark IRC. 

Good thing their fishbowl isn't that of Bama or Michigan football.......

Who do you think will emerge as the locker room leader(s) on this team?   Gaber is putting pucks in the net now, he hustles, and he appears willing to take on the burden of offensive leadership.  Still, for some reason, I don't feel like he will be the catalyst on the O side of things.  But I don't know any of these players and have no connections to the program and therefore have ZERO feel for that kind of thing.  I know they have elected their captains, but as each season progresses, players tend to develop into those roles.  

Gonna have to try to contain that top line of DU's next weekend, and that will be tough.
Dornbach/Rizzo/Mazur have combined for 19 of DU's 31 goals this season.
Control them as much as possible and that'll give us a much better shot at winning a game or two.
Berry has last line change against them, which will help.

8 hours ago, Kevin G said:

DROP EVERYTHING AND LISTEN! VEHICLE CRASHES INTO RED PEPPER! THE HUMANITY!

"The Red Pepper reports they will be closed for the day as all their inventory and ingredients on hand where ruin in the accident..... A  claim of $16 has been made with Noadk Insurance"....

• Upvote 1

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2022/11/10_This-Week-in-College-Hockey.php

CHN editor Adam Wodon took to Twitter earlier this week with an interesting nugget involving the Pairwise.

In summary — most of the teams that will make the NCAA Tournament are already in the top 15.

Wodon looked at last year's Pairwise on the same date (Nov. 7) and noticed that 11 of the eventual final top 15 were already in the top 15 on Nov. 7 of last year. In addition, 13 of the final top 15 were already in the top 20.

This means we already have a very good understanding of what most of the final Pairwise will look like in March.

Nothing is set in stone, but most of the non-conference games are complete. The last few weeks have featured mostly league games across the board and while there are still non-conference games remaining in December and January, the bulk of them are done.

UND is currently #24 in the PWR.  :blink:
The loss to ASU and the tie against UNO are certainly not helping right now.

1 hour ago, brianvf said:

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2022/11/10_This-Week-in-College-Hockey.php

UND is currently #24 in the PWR.  :blink:
The loss to ASU and the tie against UNO are certainly not helping right now.

We have two games at home against a #3 team that needs no intro to the Ralph. Come late Saturday night we are getting a much better peek at our fate.

Did he cite any data beyond last year? It's math and all so can't be hard to measure deviation from final based on the weekend number.

1 hour ago, siouxweet said:

I was never a fire Hakstol guy and you can go back through 15 years of posts to verify.   We knew what his teams were and what to expect.   Slow start and go on a tear to the Frozen Four where the letdown and heartbreak happened.  

Berry is different and has a track record of either not making the tournament or one and done.

Poor performance on the ice comes poor coaching and over evaluating of talent.  I think it is clear that he does not think this is one of the top programs anymore as where is the high end talent.   Yes he won a title in 2016 but with Hak's kids which included a first round pick.  The last time they had a forward who was a first round pick was 5 years ago with Jost.  Every time he has had a chance to bring in a high end forward he has messed it up and they went elsewhere. 

I will reserve full judgment until end of season but things aren't looking good at this point.

Well said sir and I’m in total agreement 

4 hours ago, siouxweet said:

I was never a fire Hakstol guy and you can go back through 15 years of posts to verify.   We knew what his teams were and what to expect.   Slow start and go on a tear to the Frozen Four where the letdown and heartbreak happened.  

Berry is different and has a track record of either not making the tournament or one and done.

Poor performance on the ice comes poor coaching and over evaluating of talent.  I think it is clear that he does not think this is one of the top programs anymore as where is the high end talent.   Yes he won a title in 2016 but with Hak's kids which included a first round pick.  The last time they had a forward who was a first round pick was 5 years ago with Jost.  Every time he has had a chance to bring in a high end forward he has messed it up and they went elsewhere. 

I will reserve full judgment until end of season but things aren't looking good at this point.

I am skeptical of this coaching staff too. But in addition to the 2016 title, weren’t we the number one seed in the tournament the year the tournament got canceled at last minute for Covid?