SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-23 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

Through six games...

your +/- leader is...Louis Jamernik V at +4. Louis has 5 (five) points so far.

your +/- loser is...Tyler Kleven at -6. Tyler has 0 (zero) points so far.

your goal leader is...Riese Gaber with 5 (five).

your points leader is...Chris Jandric with 10 (ten).

Kleven will come around. 

1 hour ago, nodakgirl93 said:

He must be doing something right in practice to make the lineup every game.

We can only hope that once he get's going, he doesn't disappear when we need him.  They need to figure out how to press his buttons so we can get him to be more consistent, something you shouldn't have to say about a Senior.  Hope he figures out that besides playing for his hometown team, he is playing for a future contract. 

52 minutes ago, tnt said:

We can only hope that once he get's going, he doesn't disappear when we need him.  They need to figure out how to press his buttons so we can get him to be more consistent, something you shouldn't have to say about a Senior.  Hope he figures out that besides playing for his hometown team, he is playing for a future contract. 

Kid has every bit of skill, power, speed, effort .... just hasn't put it all together consistently. Not sure if he ever will. We've all seen how dominant he can be in flashes. Doesn't feel like it's lack of effort. Not sure what it is.

53 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Kid has every bit of skill, power, speed, effort .... just hasn't put it all together consistently. Not sure if he ever will. We've all seen how dominant he can be in flashes. Doesn't feel like it's lack of effort. Not sure what it is.

At this point in his college career he is what he is. He’ll probably end the season with 7-10 goals and 7-10 assists. Anyone expecting more will likely be disappointed.  He’ll show flashes from time to time that give you hope, then disappear for long stretches. No reason to expect anything more based on his first three plus seasons.

27 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

At this point in his college career he is what he is. He’ll probably end the season with 7-10 goals and 7-10 assists. Anyone expecting more will likely be disappointed.  He’ll show flashes from time to time that give you hope, then disappear for long stretches. No reason to expect anything more based on his first three plus seasons.

Frankly, six games into the season, I would be more than o.k. with those numbers from here on out.

26 minutes ago, hockeytherapy13 said:

I'm fine with Judd in the lineup. But he should be a 4th liner/bottom 6 every night. No more trying to force him into a top 6 role, he just isn't meant for that type of offensive role. 

I always found Judd to be the guy we had play top 6 because there weren’t other good options. Serviceable but not consistent enough to be there if there are better options. I know he pretty much starts every season rather slow so I’m almost expecting some big games from him in November/December. But so far this season I’m just not sure where to put him.