SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU @ UND.....bout time.

Wilbur

2 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Last time we played Montana State at home, they had a ground and pound running game and we had some injuries on the DL. I thought they were going to run right over us and has very little chance of stopping them on the ground. We dialed up some magic and shut their run game down pretty well that day, hopefully we can pull of something similar again on Saturday. 

Need to get off to a good start to keep the crowd into it. 

And if we don’t get off to a good start the crowd needs to stay into it to help the team! 

4 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Was out yesterday.

Only change on it appears to be Ben Christian moving from backup to starting RG and Andrew Fenton is now listed as the backup. Last week' starter Colin Lavell is not listed.

360 guys said Q did not practice all week. Lavell is dinged. If anything happens to an OL looking at an 18 year old frosh.

If anything happens to Schuster, it's Brockstar and/or Feeney.

8 minutes ago, shep said:

360 guys said Q did not practice all week. Lavell is dinged. If anything happens to an OL looking at an 18 year old frosh.

What a story line that would be. Son of former NDSU qb replaces injured UND qb and takes down NDSU.

• Upvote 3

Regarding crowd noise. The home atmosphere and crowd noise Bison fans have become accustomed to in Fargo certainly hasn’t always been there. It took a rival coming in (UNI) and some huge plays and a big win to really bring that kind of crowd to life that day. It really took off from there. Some would say it peaked and is now coming back down, can’t argue it really. 
Saturday could be a similar kind of day for UND. I expect an atmosphere unlike any other in the Alerus (granted I’ve only been to a few games there), but maybe some of you would agree it has that potential. The crowd needs to be loud on all NDSU offensive downs if possible, easier said than done I’m sure. The team always needs to do their part, but so do the fans. 
Enjoy the game!

1 hour ago, TinyTimmay said:

Regarding crowd noise. The home atmosphere and crowd noise Bison fans have become accustomed to in Fargo certainly hasn’t always been there. It took a rival coming in (UNI) and some huge plays and a big win to really bring that kind of crowd to life that day. It really took off from there. Some would say it peaked and is now coming back down, can’t argue it really. 
Saturday could be a similar kind of day for UND. I expect an atmosphere unlike any other in the Alerus (granted I’ve only been to a few games there), but maybe some of you would agree it has that potential. The crowd needs to be loud on all NDSU offensive downs if possible, easier said than done I’m sure. The team always needs to do their part, but so do the fans. 
Enjoy the game!

Likely peaked in 2012 vs Georgia southern.

There’s a reason people always reference back to 2001 vs UC Davis. The place almost shook apart that day. Hoping Saturday can be a positive catalyst instead of the usual let down.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

I think we would have a better shot if Feeney had to take over than Quincy. 

Love Feeney.  Seems like a well coached intelligent kid who could handle something like being thrown in the fire.

Tommy has all the time in the world left at UND, but IMHO there could be the crossroads next year of, "Ohh crap, Feeney is better than Tommy and Q."  

44 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Likely peaked in 2012 vs Georgia southern.

There’s a reason people always reference back to 2001 vs UC Davis. The place almost shook apart that day. Hoping Saturday can be a positive catalyst instead of the usual let down.

2012 Georgia Southern was a fun time. A shame the dome didn't have that anymore. 

7 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Love Feeney.  Seems like a well coached intelligent kid who could handle something like being thrown in the fire.

Tommy has all the time in the world left at UND, but IMHO there could be the crossroads next year of, "Ohh crap, Feeney is better than Tommy and Q."  

Unlikely.

20 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Simple game determination: Will UND match NDSU’s physicality? Alerus Center crowd can help induce mistakes and get UND going, if the fans are mostly UND fans and in to it. 

Ultimately, UND does not have the skill position players to out-finesse NDSU. UND needs to somehow kick ass in the trenches and have a coming out party. 

Can UND play physical?

Can the UND football fans in the Alerus Center rise to the occasion? 

I fell like UND has a lot of talent and skill at our positions but it is the bulk that we are missing that we need to compete in the trenches. For example do we have any meaty TE’s? All of our TE are tall skill players built for passing and not so much a double tight running set. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Uh did you watch Feeney’s debut? He has all the potential in the world but he has a ton to learn and work on. Give him another year and he can truly give Tommy a run for the starting job…..

13 hours ago, shep said:

I think this is the case even if Q is healthy.

13 hours ago, shep said:

This is surprising as a couple of good sources said Q was taking snaps yesterday.  Not sure what to believe, will see tomorrow I guess.  

On 9/28/2021 at 9:07 AM, Bison06 said:

You’re posting on a message board multiple times a week/day about this game and other things related to UND football. Why insult someone else and disingenuously shame another poster for doing what you clearly are doing yourself simply by posting about it here? We are all fans and probably spend too much time thinking about this. It’s fun, it’s an escape from all the real life things you mentioned. 

That's a top-10 response. If it wasn't for the distractions in life like football, hockey, World of Outlaws, I'd be pretty bored. 

• Upvote 1