SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU @ UND.....bout time.

Wilbur

38 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

IF ndac runs all over us again.....what were we doing the last 365 days to fix what happened last year?

The game was in March, so personnel-wise, there isn't a whole lot that could be done between then and now. Need to hope the coaches learned from it and there are a few guys ready to step up who didn't play this spring.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Bison06 said:

You’re posting on a message board multiple times a week/day about this game and other things related to UND football. Why insult someone else and disingenuously shame another poster for doing what you clearly are doing yourself simply by posting about it here? We are all fans and probably spend too much time thinking about this. It’s fun, it’s an escape from all the real life things you mentioned. 

My team, difference in intent.

58 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

The game was in March, so personnel-wise, there isn't a whole lot that could be done between then and now. Need to hope the coaches learned from it and there are a few guys ready to step up who didn't play this spring.

A lot of the DL have added 10-15 lbs in weight which was badly needed.  Also I think last year NDSU changed up their running attack on us with their big back in that game last year.  Hopefully we are more prepared this year.  I think we'll be better against the run against them than last year, but now much better......remains to be seen. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, FlinFlan80 said:

Unfortunately, I agree with this. I'll be honest, this game doesn't look good for the good guys. Really just doesn't feel like this team has that special something that it will take to bring down the Bison. I don't hate anything we are bringing to the table, but I don't love it either. I still think this is a playoff caliber team if the OL continues to make strides and Otis can be Otis. Defense is pretty salty. I just don't think we have the dudes to keep up with NDSU

Well, last spring we were all saying that this team had a chance...in Fargo!!  obviously that didn't happen.  The bison will be 2 score favorites.  The pressure was definitely on this team last spring as many were predicting them to win.  this year, they are predicted to lose.  So play with nothing to lose.  

On 9/23/2021 at 3:49 PM, siouxfan512 said:

My freshman year of college. Had a blast at the game and was in the band. If I recall they were missing a pretty high caliber player, and if I really stretch my brain I feel like he didn't pass a drug test of something. 

Definitely loud, and was pretty excited that we got to take the trip to Alabama after the win. Great experience as a freshman, just too bad we couldn't beat Grand Valley.

I remember that game. The coaches didn’t figure out they could move the benches away from the student section. Until the second half. So they’d be yelling and the students would be yelling louder. 

• Like 2

Some biZon fans are posting and laughing on Social Media that this is a home game for them. Get up Sat and drive to the Hawks' Nest.

While this Saturdays game is labeled as an away game on the schedule, they are traveling just 80 miles north and plan like they’re going to play at home by leaving the morning of.

They will find out in GF that these fans will be unlike any others the players ever saw before.

8 hours ago, FlinFlan80 said:

Unfortunately, I agree with this. I'll be honest, this game doesn't look good for the good guys. Really just doesn't feel like this team has that special something that it will take to bring down the Bison. I don't hate anything we are bringing to the table, but I don't love it either. I still think this is a playoff caliber team if the OL continues to make strides and Otis can be Otis. Defense is pretty salty. I just don't think we have the dudes to keep up with NDSU

If the OL steps up and the defense plays good it should be a close game. The only difference from the spring is the defense is better and the OL is still learning. Hopefully they play up for the hype like they always do in the Alerus!

5 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I wouldn’t mind a 57-0 lead going into the fourth quarter 

I wouldn’t mind eight su turnovers 

I wouldn’t mind minus 59 yards rushing for the su with six yards passing and no kick off or punt returns 

I wouldn’t mind about 500 su fans running out of gas on the way to the game

I wouldn’t mind that we had 600 yards rushing with no turnovers 

You forgot about crapping gold eggs in the lavatory of you rocket car.

Lets be real, I wouldn't m8nd a close game into the 3rd quarter.

• Downvote 1

I think a lot will have to go right for us to win, similar to beating SDSU in the spring.  A big play in special teams would be huge.  I also fear the trenches - I worry they'll wear us down like in the spring and gain 5-6-8 yards a pop on the ground.  I think we'll have a hard time running the ball consistently, hopefully not left with 3rd and 8 all the time.  Tommy needs to be good with a big play or two mixed in.  

Hi, my name is Bubba.  This is my Super Bowl.  Yes, I know we have to worry about other games, but this is my Super Bowl.  Yes, I know i got my ass kicked by NDSU the last 3 times, but this is my Super Bowl.  I know we did okay in the Big Fluffy, but I need to beat these guys as they kick my ass in recruiting.  This is why I wanted to go to the Valley, as I know i can beat these guys if I just get them at the hilarious center.  Hell, I hoped the Gene Taylor "home and home" contract would work, but it didn't.  This is my Super Bowl.  We win this and I magically win every recruiting battle from here on out, as this is my Super Bowl.   Coach Entz is a moron for not realizing this is also his Super Bowl, but screw him, he'll never beat me in recruiting again.  Everything will magically be well at home now that I have my Super Bowl.  

• Downvote 1