SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU @ UND.....bout time.

Wilbur

This is an interesting nugget found in the game notes.  

The UND offensive line, anchored by AllAmerican left tackle Matt Waletzko, has only surrendered one sack and 14 negative plays in 217 plays this season (6.4%).

In comparison, the Bison offensive line has surrendered 10 negative plays in 169 snaps (5.9%).

34 minutes ago, The Phoenix said:

Hi, my name is Bubba.  This is my Super Bowl.  Yes, I know we have to worry about other games, but this is my Super Bowl.  Yes, I know i got my ass kicked by NDSU the last 3 times, but this is my Super Bowl.  I know we did okay in the Big Fluffy, but I need to beat these guys as they kick my ass in recruiting.  This is why I wanted to go to the Valley, as I know i can beat these guys if I just get them at the hilarious center.  Hell, I hoped the Gene Taylor "home and home" contract would work, but it didn't.  This is my Super Bowl.  We win this and I magically win every recruiting battle from here on out, as this is my Super Bowl.   Coach Entz is a moron for not realizing this is also his Super Bowl, but screw him, he'll never beat me in recruiting again.  Everything will magically be well at home now that I have my Super Bowl.  

Its milking time, go close the barn door. The only ones treating this like anything but the next game are the trolls that stop over annually the week before the game.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, The Phoenix said:

Hi, my name is Bubba.  This is my Super Bowl.  Yes, I know we have to worry about other games, but this is my Super Bowl.  Yes, I know i got my ass kicked by NDSU the last 3 times, but this is my Super Bowl.  I know we did okay in the Big Fluffy, but I need to beat these guys as they kick my ass in recruiting.  This is why I wanted to go to the Valley, as I know i can beat these guys if I just get them at the hilarious center.  Hell, I hoped the Gene Taylor "home and home" contract would work, but it didn't.  This is my Super Bowl.  We win this and I magically win every recruiting battle from here on out, as this is my Super Bowl.   Coach Entz is a moron for not realizing this is also his Super Bowl, but screw him, he'll never beat me in recruiting again.  Everything will magically be well at home now that I have my Super Bowl.  

This is such a sad poor attempt at trolling. C'mon man!

1 hour ago, The Phoenix said:

LOL clown.

57 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

This is an interesting nugget found in the game notes.  

The UND offensive line, anchored by AllAmerican left tackle Matt Waletzko, has only surrendered one sack and 14 negative plays in 217 plays this season (6.4%).

In comparison, the Bison offensive line has surrendered 10 negative plays in 169 snaps (5.9%).

They have also played nobody.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, The Phoenix said:

Found Matt Entz's burner account! 

Answerable question that I don't know. When did Morrison get injured in the Fall game against NDSU?

Am I just completely off base here. This Fall version of UND's D-Line (anchored in the middle by a healthy Morrison / Beach) is night and day better than the one that was down to just Lickfeldt for a portion of the game, right? I've never heard this brought up once by the media. Maybe it's not as important as I think. The sentiment that I feel I'm hearing this week is this Fall is a better version of NDSU (which I agree) and maybe potentially slight worse version of UND (see Interior O-Line). That's kind of everywhere but here. It's just excuses (i.e. see NG position that game), but watching those two teams play every game that Spring, I'm 100% convinced they weren't as far apart as the score indicated. I guess we'll see Saturday. I really don't know what to expect. 

9 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

What’s the probability of UND winning this game? Do they need little margin for error and everything to go right/play lights out? 

9 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

I think that’s probably accurate. Win the turnover battle for sure. 

9 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

It’s really difficult to project since we haven’t played them at home in so long.

Don't know what the probability is, but UND can absolutely win this game.  It probably doesn't even need to be an "everything must go right" game, but obviously, mistakes have to be limited.  Agree with sioux24/7 that turnovers must be even or to our advantage.  I think the fact we are at home gives us a HUGE advantage over previous games against them.  The crowd needs to be into it and the players feed off of that, but also the team needs to give the crowd a reason to be into it.   It's a chicken/egg thing.  One aspect that hasn't been mentioned anywhere that I have read is Special Teams.  Does one of our ST units come up with a game-changing play?  I think they could.  Same with defense.  A defensive score would go a long ways for keeping victory in site.  Defense needs to be kept fresh in this game, or we'll get worn down.  Offensively, we have to be creative - like Q1 at Utah St.  I just don't think we can run it down their throats with Otis, Luke, and Isiah, as much as we may want that to be our style of play.  Do we throw Danny's book at 'em?  I think yes.  We may as well dazzle the home crowd against this opponent.  It is the Super Bowl, after all. :wink:

Re-listened to the Jack Michaels Show interview with Kolpack and Tom Miller. It was sort of almost depressing listening to Miller if you are like me and think UND has a shot in this game. The two big things that stuck out of it from Miller was talking about the anticipation in GF. There's anticipation, but he thinks there would be more if the general thought was that the Bison were there for the taking. Second, was talking rivalry and saying that he doesn't think UND is there yet to challenge. Just one persons opinion, maybe I took it wrong, but did not get the feeling that he thought this one could go UND's way.

18 minutes ago, AJS said:

Re-listened to the Jack Michaels Show interview with Kolpack and Tom Miller. It was sort of almost depressing listening to Miller if you are like me and think UND has a shot in this game. The two big things that stuck out of it from Miller was talking about the anticipation in GF. There's anticipation, but he thinks there would be more if the general thought was that the Bison were there for the taking. Second, was talking rivalry and saying that he doesn't think UND is there yet to challenge. Just one persons opinion, maybe I took it wrong, but did not get the feeling that he thought this one could go UND's way.

Good thing he’s not in the field tomorrow.  The players are the ones who need to prove they belong.  They haven’t done that yet vs FU

37 minutes ago, AJS said:

I think the turnovers in the Drake game dampened anticipation a bit.  Maybe, too, how the Utah St. game ended.  But this UND team is no slouch.  If we were 3-0 or even 2-1 with a better showing at Utah St., anticipation would be sky-high.  I do not believe the things that went wrong at Utah St. and vs. Drake will be factors in this game.  UND is poised to be solid in all areas.

Who has updates on injuries?  Specifically Maag.  Anyone else?  Did the bye week accomplish the desired healing?