SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU @ UND.....bout time.

Wilbur

I think Tom and a lot of the UND fans just want to see it happen on the field and don't want to be disappointed.  I think the home field advantage does play a part in this game.  Also, having played them 2 times since 2019 also provides some familiarity and not as much in awe of the reputation by winning the FCS so many times.  

Both of things will help and I think the team needs to play well but I don't think it has to be a perfect game.  The game is winnable. 

Once they win this game the expectations will change from everyone, IMHO!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

If NDSU runs for 200+ yards it will be a 3 score win for NDSU

I think you’re right. 

This game will be decided by NDSU’s ability/inability to run the ball.

If UND can keep NDSU in third and medium/long all day, it’ll be a close one in the fourth quarter.

I don’t bet on sports, but if I did, I think ndsu by 10-14 would be where I’d put the money.

47 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

13-31

UND needs to force NDSU to pass the ball not have them pass the ball when they feel like it.

We need to force NDSU to throw the ball 20-25+ times and have the yards per attempt in that 6-7 range.

I unfortunately think they will only throw the ball about 15 times and the yards per attempt will probably be in the 11-15 yards per attempt range.

Holinka could have a game plan to borderline sell out on the run and make their QB make plays with his arm.  This game could come down to our secondary making big plays and preventing big plays when SU takes their shots downfield.  Our supposedly improved secondary could end up being the hero or goats of this game.

Crowd noise.  Help the defense out.  Turn some of those 3rd and short to medium into 3rd and medium/long.  

The tin shed can be loud.  Crowd can play a part.  Players still need to make some plays.  NDSUs easiest approach to communication will be hand the ball off.  

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

2 hours ago, Bison06 said:

This game will be decided by NDSU’s ability/inability to run the ball.

Like I said earlier ... 

On 9/27/2021 at 10:59 AM, The Sicatoka said:

This game will be determined by ...

- Control of the line of scrimmage, specifically the UND D v. NDSU OL

All the problems last time were predicated on NDSU's run game which is predicated on their OL play. 

But as I've also said, NDSU doesn't do anything exceptional, but what they do they do exceptionally well. That's the standard to meet or exceed for the UND front seven. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, petey23 said:

13-31

UND needs to force NDSU to pass the ball not have them pass the ball when they feel like it.

We need to force NDSU to throw the ball 20-25+ times and have the yards per attempt in that 6-7 range.

I unfortunately think they will only throw the ball about 15 times and the yards per attempt will probably be in the 11-15 yards per attempt range.

I'm bracing for this out come, I so hope I'm wrong. I'd love this to be the crew that gets it done. The team that does break through goes down in UND football lore. 

• Upvote 2

Simple game determination: Will UND match NDSU’s physicality? Alerus Center crowd can help induce mistakes and get UND going, if the fans are mostly UND fans and in to it. 

Ultimately, UND does not have the skill position players to out-finesse NDSU. UND needs to somehow kick ass in the trenches and have a coming out party. 

Can UND play physical?

Can the UND football fans in the Alerus Center rise to the occasion? 

43 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I’d like to think we have learned a thing or two after our recent losses to the su. Hopefully our coaches have been working on addressing the issues and have a plan. Hopefully we have the horses to execute that plan.

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face.

How the boys handle that will be the difference.

T

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Kab said:

When is 2 deep out

wondering about Q

if out who is next on chart, boltman or Feeney 

Was out yesterday.

Only change on it appears to be Ben Christian moving from backup to starting RG and Andrew Fenton is now listed as the backup. Last week' starter Colin Lavell is not listed.

I agree with those who talk about stopping NDSU’s run game. Last year’s game, JMU loss and prior playoff loss to Nichols State shows we need to do a better job at this. UND needs to do what they did in the late 80’s and early 90’s which they schemed and recruited to beat NDSU. I think we are on the right track, hopefully this week we close the gap more or move ahead.0233FAE1-2824-4472-8056-A4784050A6A6.thumb.jpeg.61c18605f415b5250941d4b8c325511a.jpeg