SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU @ UND.....bout time.

Wilbur

12 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Likely peaked in 2012 vs Georgia southern.

There’s a reason people always reference back to 2001 vs UC Davis. The place almost shook apart that day. Hoping Saturday can be a positive catalyst instead of the usual let down.

Not to get sidetracked too much discussing Bison playoff games on this site, I would say that the single loudest fan moment in recent memory would for sure be the Jensen rushing TD in that 2012 Georgia Southern game to basically seal the win and send them to the natty. But I think the peak for overall involvement and passionate vocal participation from the fans came at a later time, probably even as recently with Easton Stick at QB. The Bison had some pretty classic games with SDSU where the roof came off the place, I can think of a couple when Carson was QB against the Jacks and UNI. 

Anyway, I'm sure most here know that Waege the DE for the Bison is out for the year with a knee. Tough loss, senior leader, great young man. They've been in this position before where they've had a big name go down, thinking DE Greg Menard off the top of my head. Next man up is probably a cliche thing to say but these guys really embrace it and buy into it. I've heard from several people that they really try to get every player on the team to prepare as if they will be starting in the game that coming Saturday. Making the jump from backup to starter in a flash and how smooth that transition seems to go (minus this last spring maybe which was a bit of a cluster), it seems this mindset works well for NDSU.

14 hours ago, Dustin said:

Just listened to the 360 game preview. Did not give me much hope.  We are just a couple injuries away from disaster.  However, They did echo a point made frequently here:  the crowd has to play role.

What are the injuries? A couple O line, Q at QB…what else on O? 

Haas out for the year on D but I think they’re set otherwise? 

I think this is going to be this year's special teams game. In the spring against SDSU, UND had a blocked kick, blocked punt, and a fake punt converted for a first down. I'm hoping Kostich pulls a rabbit out of his ass and I'm predicting a blocked punt and a kick returned to the house. Call it the mystique of the Alerus Center, but there's always something strange that happens when UND plays a ranked opponent at home. 

• Like 1

Just now, SiouxBoys said:

I say this every time we play them, but it's crazy with how much success they have had over the last decade, how insecure their fanbase is. 

I work with one of those.  He's always "scared" of what this or that opponent can bring (this week it's UND's special teams) and NDSU wins (most) every time.  

22 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

I say this every time we play them, but it's crazy with how much success they have had over the last decade, how insecure their fanbase is. 

It isn't just the fans, they have "media" folks covering them that have the same issues.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SiouxBoys said:

1 hour ago, Dustin said:

I work with one of those.  He's always "scared" of what this or that opponent can bring (this week it's UND's special teams) and NDSU wins (most) every time.  

Haha, who are these "Bison fans" you speak of?!!! I thought Bison fans were pretty accurately labeled as overly cocky and arrogant, something you might expect from fans of a 16 time national champion. I personally always expect the Bison to win.

PS: A blackout tomorrow would be pretty cool if you ask me, hope that happens.

1 hour ago, Dustin said:

Its a goofy phenomenon. I think it might be a defense mechanism some folks have to stay engaged. NDSU has been rolling teams for about a decade now. I can see how this results in some folks creating a boogieman.

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

It isn't just the fans, they have "media" folks covering them that have the same issues.

That is absolutely absurd. I'm not sure NDSU has been counted out in literally any game in a decade. Truly galaxy brain level thinking. 

Everyone wants to be a scrappy lunch pail team taking on the world. That hasn't been NDSU since my freshman year of college (2010). 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

Quick question on digital tickets.  I bought quite a few extra tickets for friends.  

Question.  for me to transfer tickets to them, do they need the app?   or does the digital ticket work without the app?

for the Drake game I opened the tickets and took screen shot of the barcodes.  Texted the pics to someone and they used them to get into the game.

• Upvote 1