SiouxSports.com Forum

Nashville

15 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

This sounds like a teenager living in the wreakage of the future.

Am in my mid-80's/ received  my booster shot yesterday.  My vax card, airline tickets and game tickets are all loaded on my phone.  The same is true for the other 7 members of the family although they will be car pooling.  Looking forward to dining at the best rib place in Nashville, hooking up with OLD friends and watch hockey.

Also have my tickets for this weekend's game on my phone.

2 hours ago, SJHovey said:

Twenty-four hours before flight, check in on line and load boarding pass onto phone.  Pack bags.  Make sure tickets to game are loaded onto phone.  Arrange transportation to airport.  Stand in TSA security checkpoint line.  Present boarding pass and id.  Remove shoes and load crap into bin.  Go through x-ray machine.  Put shoes back on and police up crap.  Wait for boarding.  Present boarding pass.  Stand in line watching people try to hoist crap into overhead bin. Two hour ride in cramped airplane.  Stand in cramped plane for twenty minutes as people try to remove crap from overhead bin.  Navigate airport to ground transportation (bus, cab or car).  Drive to hotel.  Present id and credit card at hotel.  Unpack crap.  Find way to Bridgestone arena.  Present electronic ticket.

I CAN'T WAIT TO GO!

You'll need to pull a card out of your wallet to show the ticket agent.

Screw it.  I'm not going.

David Puddy: “It’s gonna be rough”

The concern is medical privacy. 

Why don't I have to show my MMR vaccination? Tetanus? Prove I've had chicken pox, or the shingles vax? 

And prove it, as someone said, to a $10 per hour guy in a yellow slicker windbreaker (who's had seven minutes of training). 

If we're going against personal privacy and confidentiality ... 
What next?
Prove I've been to confession in the last week with a "sin no more" passport?

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Why don't I have to show my MMR vaccination? Tetanus? Prove I've had chicken pox, or the shingles vax? 

And prove it, as someone said, to a $10 per hour guy in a yellow slicker windbreaker (who's had seven minutes of training). 

What next?

I know you aren't looking for an answer and I know you have already made up your mind but for those who trust science it comes down to the word "Contagious". 

24 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

I know you aren't looking for an answer and I know you have already made up your mind but for those who trust science it comes down to the word "Contagious". 

cue the video of the elderly tired 10 buck an hour guy swiftly "patting" down people going into Fenway so people have that false sense of security..............

46 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

The problem many have is that it won't stop here. Call me a conspiracy theorist all you want but it doesn't end here because the government loves this control and won't give it up. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

What next?

My feeling is that the arenas are just trying to make it as easy as possible for them to still be able to host events such as this in the current environment.
As much of a distraction/inconvenience that it may be, it seems more and more venues are moving toward these types of policies, so if your goal is to not show any medical info to anyone, it may become more difficult for you to go to any sporting event.

Hopefully all this crap clears up soon (not likely), but I'd rather see them do something like this rather than just cancel the game entirely and we don't have any hockey to watch at all.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Get the damn shot and enjoy the game. No conspiracy-no politics-no personal medical information-no embetted chip-no nothing other than getting a damn shot

It’s as easy as that but make sure Schlossman approves that you are ok, now he thinks he controls who VNL has in their time slots and their shot status. He can be a tool just like mcfooley 

‘I don’t care what sports reporters think about anything but sports.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, brianvf said:

My feeling is that the arenas are just trying to make it as easy as possible for them to still be able to host events such as this in the current environment.
As much of a distraction/inconvenience that it may be, it seems more and more venues are moving toward these types of policies, so if your goal is to not show any medical info to anyone, it may become more difficult for you to go to any sporting event.

Hopefully all this crap clears up soon (not likely), but I'd rather see them do something like this rather than just cancel the game entirely and we don't have any hockey to watch at all.

Is this an indoor arena thing only? I went to Lambwau with 77,000 fans and did none of this. Went to Target Field and there was none of this...

15 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Most viruses and all respiratory viruses are and always have been contagious.  No respiratory virus in the history of humans has ever been eradicated so the body needs to learn to fight it at some point or another.  The science a year or two from now will be interesting when/if studies are done to see how weakened people's immune systems have gotten from hiding from not just Covid but many viruses. Will the guy that went to 77,000 Lambeau field maskless just get sniffles from a common cold while they person that's been sheltering his/her immune system for 2 years get buckled from basic common colds?  With venues opening up should find out soon. 

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, brianvf said:

I'm a doctor not a politician - Imgflip

• Upvote 3