SiouxSports.com Forum

Nashville

Objective Data:

https://www.tn.gov/health/cedep/ncov/data/hospitalization-data/hospital-capacity.html

https://www.health.nd.gov/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/north-dakota-coronavirus-cases

Both ND and TN at 10% available floor beds today. 

(Most hospitals run 85% full to break even fiscally.) 

• Upvote 3

On 9/14/2021 at 9:46 AM, Kab said:

This won’t be the only venue we play in that does this.

‘remember the golden rule of whoever has the gold rules 

The customer.

The customers have the Gold. 

On 9/14/2021 at 9:59 AM, SJHovey said:

then I can make due.

Good Luck Neville,

Its a shame there isn't like...volumes of historical examples of why that attitude is so foolishly ignorant and naive, but out of the mouths of babes, as they say.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Objective Data:

https://www.tn.gov/health/cedep/ncov/data/hospitalization-data/hospital-capacity.html

https://www.health.nd.gov/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/north-dakota-coronavirus-cases

Both ND and TN at 10% available floor beds today. 

(Most hospitals run 85% full to break even fiscally.) 

Open beds, yet life saving surgeries are being postponed....

https://www.businessinsider.com/womans-life-saving-surgery-delayed-tennessee-hospitals-covid-surge-2021-9

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, CMSioux said:

I think we pretty much know where everyone individually stands on COVID. Do we really need to continue with the snarky comments. Some of us have lost family to the virus - oh that's right they were going to die anyway and the virus is a hoax. 

You sound an awful lot like Rick James…

2 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Good Luck Neville,

Its a shame there isn't like...volumes of historical examples of why that attitude is so foolishly ignorant and naive, but out of the mouths of babes, as they say.

I guess I'll have to ask you to cite for me one or two of the "volumes" of examples where complying with the demands/rules of a private property owner/business before entering said property owner/business' building turned out to be ignorant and naive.  The next thing I know you'll probably be telling me I'm going to have to wear pants to the game.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, SJHovey said:

I guess I'll have to ask you to cite for me one or two of the "volumes" of examples where complying with the demands/rules of a private property owner/business before entering said property owner/business' building turned out to be ignorant and naive.  The next thing I know you'll probably be telling me I'm going to have to wear pants to the game.

I always enjoy how people pick and choose when they want to enforce property/business rights and when they don't.  Definitely happens both ways, but the pendulum is way overextended one way at the time being.  I would say that I hope that the same people currently gloating because they are getting their way are just as accepting when the pendulum swings back the other way.....but my suspicion is they won't.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SJHovey said:

Typical, demanding spoonfed info instead of educating oneself to the concepts.

Grab a wooby, wait in your vaccinated safespace, and one day maybe you'll figure out why you may want to find out why before you blindly comply.

Don't forget your mask.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, SJHovey said:

You guys are letting the politics of the vaccine cloud your thinking. Private company. Private property. They make the rules.

You don’t get to bring your gun. You can’t bring your cow, or your pet chickens. You can’t even bring your drunk, naked cousin from Watford City.

If you want to go to a sporting event where no vaccine is required, head to Alerus. Now, if you want to bring your cow, pet chickens or drunk, naked cousin from Watford City, you’re going to have to go to the Fargo Dome.

Best response I have seen on this topic yet. I am sure the bean counters, risk agents, and lawyers that work for Bridgestone Arena all decided this was the best option to protect themselves from either bad press or civil suits. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, northernraider said:

Best response I have seen on this topic yet. I am sure the bean counters, risk agents, and lawyers that work for Bridgestone Arena all decided this was the best option to protect themselves from either bad press or civil suits. 

This.  That is the point I probably didn't do it he best job of explaining.  I honestly believe things would be very different with an impartial media.......but they latched onto this issue and (imo) are bullying whoever they can into compliance.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1