SiouxSports.com Forum

Nashville

Our tickets and hotel (Airbnb) aren’t refundable. Have myself to blame to a point. This game was supposed to happen before a baby came :D and surgeries got scheduled for people in our group. Life happened. Game can’t anymore. Stinks as we’re gonna likely take it in the shorts since so many are selling. 

9 hours ago, TheFlop said:

Only if the event is cancelled.  The Bridgestone Arena vax mandate in and of itself might not be the sole factor scaring people away.  However it may have some people thinking "what's next?". 

There has been plenty of tickets for face value available for the last 6-8 months at minimum, well before any mandate was announced.
Appears it gives some people cover and feel better about not going though. 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

There has been plenty of tickets for face value available for the last 6-8 months at minimum, well before any mandate was announced.

"Cover".....that's rich.

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

"Cover".....that's rich.

Plenty of reasons for people not being able to make the trip as planned. But in my opinion, not "wanting" to follow the guidelines of a private business is a pretty weak argument for skipping out on a trip that's been almost 2 years in the making. Just my thoughts though. I have no doubt you have your own.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Fair enough, there is always a component of people that raise their hand during the initial planning process but are nowhere to be found when it's go time. 

However it's naive to think that a certain percentage of people aren't going because instead of fading away arbitrary rules/restrictions are still being generated (like Vegas opening up and then going back to masks).  Maybe the rules change again and you need to be vaccinated AND have a negative test 72 hours before?  Maybe children under 12 aren't allowed in at all because they aren't vaccinated?  Maybe a new variant is identified that JnJ doesn't work against so they say only Moderna and Pfizer count.  No one wants the goal posts getting moved again a week before they fly in. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Emerald joker said:

Because it’s always been about control! 

To be fair, I was incorrect in that statement, as I saw the "Masks on for the vaccinated and unvaccinated", but missed the adhering to CDC policy of "recommending" masks. 

1 hour ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

This thread is as pathetic as I thought it would be.  

Not if you engage your inner childlike self. Then it’s just ……..childish.

Everybody on here loves Sioux hockey, but sometimes it’s easier to pick a side and disagree and eventually come off more rude than we would like to. 

I will be in Nashville, two week driving vacation. Fortunate that I have the time, money, and good health to travel and to be there. Safe travels to all who can make it.

Go Sioux.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Tbone said:

Not if you engage your inner childlike self. Then it’s just ……..childish.

Everybody on here loves Sioux hockey, but sometimes it’s easier to pick a side and disagree and eventually come off more rude than we would like to. 

I will be in Nashville, two week driving vacation. Fortunate that I have the time, money, and good health to travel and to be there. Safe travels to all who can make it.

Go Sioux.

Way to go Tbone!

image.jpeg.6379669a76d97084d23b3fb5ae1fcd30.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Purely anecdotal but following the UND hockey Facebook page, there sure seems like a lot of UND fans are trying to unload their tickets. Any general reason why? At the time tickets went on sale, I had the impression it was the hottest ticket but now it seems like many folks don’t want, or cannot go.

3 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Purely anecdotal but following the UND hockey Facebook page, there sure seems like a lot of UND fans are trying to unload their tickets. Any general reason why? At the time tickets went on sale, I had the impression it was the hottest ticket but now it seems like many folks don’t want, or cannot go.

It could be with some that, that would be discussing a banned topic?

Starting to feel like this will be the worst-attended UND event/destination game in a long time.  Maybe the local elementary schools in Nashville, children's hospitals, area Make-a-Wish, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, youth hockey orgs, etc., will be the ones to benefit.  (Shades of Sioux Falls a few years back, and all of the good we accomplished.)

• Downvote 1