SiouxSports.com Forum

Nashville

9 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

You think this is about a shot and a hockey game. 

First they took the blackhawk logo off the jersey; then they threatened no tournament games; then there was no nickname at all. Now, Go Fighting Hawks.

First you have to submit to a body scan/search to board a plane; then bank transactions over $9k* must be reported to the authorities by banks; now it's produce your normally confidential medical papers to go to an event. Next will be ... 

Things happen incrementally.

*No, it's not $10k. Bad news, eh, gfhockey? ;) 

Ding ding ding, we have a winner folks.

48 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Yes, for most people it is about getting a shot

stubborn good people that don’t like being told 

so simple, takes minutes, so available, still many won’t and if lucky it won’t cost them or their families and friends heartbreak 

Over 1 billion delivered.

On 9/28/2021 at 6:26 AM, SJHovey said:

Twenty-four hours before flight, check in on line and load boarding pass onto phone.  Pack bags.  Make sure tickets to game are loaded onto phone.  Arrange transportation to airport.  Stand in TSA security checkpoint line.  Present boarding pass and id.  Remove shoes and load crap into bin.  Go through x-ray machine.  Put shoes back on and police up crap.  Wait for boarding.  Present boarding pass.  Stand in line watching people try to hoist crap into overhead bin. Two hour ride in cramped airplane.  Stand in cramped plane for twenty minutes as people try to remove crap from overhead bin.  Navigate airport to ground transportation (bus, cab or car).  Drive to hotel.  Present id and credit card at hotel.  Unpack crap.  Find way to Bridgestone arena.  Present electronic ticket.

I CAN'T WAIT TO GO!

You'll need to pull a card out of your wallet to show the ticket agent.

Screw it.  I'm not going.

Haha, yes.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

This type of post makes it harder for many of us to do our jobs. One of our nurses who was in her 40’s and otherwise healthy bought into this baloney fueled by political rants that have nothing to do with this medical challenge we are facing. First of all you show ignorance of the subject when you claim “no respiratory virus in the history of humans has ever been eradicated so the body needs to learn to fight it at some point or another”.  Even a basic science student with any review of viruses and immunology knows smallpox was eradicated through vaccinations by 1979. Today it exists only in laboratories if ever needed again for research. We are close to eliminating polio through vaccines. Polio cases exist in only a handful of countries. 
I’m not sure how many patients you take care of, but it shouldn’t be any if you spew this nonsense. In the last few days, 8 of the last 12 patients I tested were positive for COVID. 5 were sick with cough, fever, fatigue, body aches, sore throats and a couple with diarrhea. 2 of them had been sick for more than 10 days so didn’t qualify for monoclonal antibody infusion. The other 3 were infused, with good results.  Non were vaccinated. Ages were 20, 38,  54, 67, 69.  The 2 who waited too long still feel crappy but they are ok. 3 had been vaccinated and felt like they had a cold. One lost sense of taste and smell. 2 who tested negative were vaccinated one wasn’t.  At Sanford today over 70 pts were in ICU or on ventilators. Only 3 were vaccinated. Although a small cohort and anecdotal, it is consistent with what physicians are seeing around the world. That is solid evidence supporting vaccination.
The vaccines went through all 3 phases of testing. They were tested in thousands of subjects. Over a billion people have been vaccinated. It has been proven very effective. It markedly decreases your chance of getting infected but it’s possible you could still get infected. It almost eliminates the chance you will die from COVID or end up with a serious infection. It is still possible. The chance of blood clots from the J&J is about 7/1000000. The chance of myocarditis from the Pfizer or Moderna is about 2-5/1000000.  We can treat the blood clots. The myocarditis usually resolves spontaneously within a couple of weeks.  
You don’t become immune by going to Packer games or hanging out in large crowds. You become immune by successfully fighting off an infection or by getting vaccinated. You odds of avoiding clots or myocarditis are better if you are vaccinated. PM me if you want a more detailed explanation of how the illness or vaccine stimulate our bodies to produce antibodies. Make a decision about getting vaccinated based on scientific facts and evidence. Make your decision based upon the recommendation from your physician. This isn’t the time to get into alternative treatments or non-physician doctors who aren’t trained to recognize, treat and prevent infectious disease. 
No one who knows me would mistake me for a left wing liberal. Refusing to be vaccinated is not the way to further one’s political beliefs or causes. The best way to do that, is to stay alive stay healthy and attend your party caucuses this fall. The recommendation for vaccination comes from both Trump and Biden. The research and testing was by medical and scientific researchers from all over the world. Because we don’t like the government mandates or we don’t like the media, or we don’t like the present administration is not a reason to refuse to take care of our health. To allow our dislike for Fauci, Biden, some of the Governors etc to keep us home and let our hockey team and the nation see us abandon our team in the national spotlight because of unfounded fears or politics is sad. We will no longer be able to claim we are the best college hockey fans in the world if our team can’t count on us to sacrifice the inconveniences of getting in the arena or worse yet refusing to get vaccinated. 

Thank you

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 9/28/2021 at 10:22 AM, WiSioux said:

It makes me chuckle Bridgestone goes through all of this and then masks are just recommended

The app is free. The user supplies the information.

The app is not the product being presented to the attendees.

The attendees are providing the product to monetize.

2 hours ago, iramurphy said:

This type of post makes it harder for many of us to do our jobs. One of our nurses who was in her 40’s and otherwise healthy bought into this baloney fueled by political rants that have nothing to do with this medical challenge we are facing. First of all you show ignorance of the subject when you claim “no respiratory virus in the history of humans has ever been eradicated so the body needs to learn to fight it at some point or another”.  Even a basic science student with any review of viruses and immunology knows smallpox was eradicated through vaccinations by 1979. Today it exists only in laboratories if ever needed again for research. We are close to eliminating polio through vaccines. Polio cases exist in only a handful of countries. 
I’m not sure how many patients you take care of, but it shouldn’t be any if you spew this nonsense. In the last few days, 8 of the last 12 patients I tested were positive for COVID. 5 were sick with cough, fever, fatigue, body aches, sore throats and a couple with diarrhea. 2 of them had been sick for more than 10 days so didn’t qualify for monoclonal antibody infusion. The other 3 were infused, with good results.  Non were vaccinated. Ages were 20, 38,  54, 67, 69.  The 2 who waited too long still feel crappy but they are ok. 3 had been vaccinated and felt like they had a cold. One lost sense of taste and smell. 2 who tested negative were vaccinated one wasn’t.  At Sanford today over 70 pts were in ICU or on ventilators. Only 3 were vaccinated. Although a small cohort and anecdotal, it is consistent with what physicians are seeing around the world. That is solid evidence supporting vaccination.
The vaccines went through all 3 phases of testing. They were tested in thousands of subjects. Over a billion people have been vaccinated. It has been proven very effective. It markedly decreases your chance of getting infected but it’s possible you could still get infected. It almost eliminates the chance you will die from COVID or end up with a serious infection. It is still possible. The chance of blood clots from the J&J is about 7/1000000. The chance of myocarditis from the Pfizer or Moderna is about 2-5/1000000.  We can treat the blood clots. The myocarditis usually resolves spontaneously within a couple of weeks.  
You don’t become immune by going to Packer games or hanging out in large crowds. You become immune by successfully fighting off an infection or by getting vaccinated. You odds of avoiding clots or myocarditis are better if you are vaccinated. PM me if you want a more detailed explanation of how the illness or vaccine stimulate our bodies to produce antibodies. Make a decision about getting vaccinated based on scientific facts and evidence. Make your decision based upon the recommendation from your physician. This isn’t the time to get into alternative treatments or non-physician doctors who aren’t trained to recognize, treat and prevent infectious disease. 
No one who knows me would mistake me for a left wing liberal. Refusing to be vaccinated is not the way to further one’s political beliefs or causes. The best way to do that, is to stay alive stay healthy and attend your party caucuses this fall. The recommendation for vaccination comes from both Trump and Biden. The research and testing was by medical and scientific researchers from all over the world. Because we don’t like the government mandates or we don’t like the media, or we don’t like the present administration is not a reason to refuse to take care of our health. To allow our dislike for Fauci, Biden, some of the Governors etc to keep us home and let our hockey team and the nation see us abandon our team in the national spotlight because of unfounded fears or politics is sad. We will no longer be able to claim we are the best college hockey fans in the world if our team can’t count on us to sacrifice the inconveniences of getting in the arena or worse yet refusing to get vaccinated. 

Applause.

Extreamly accurate, I am a massive supporter of exactly this, everyone should look at all of this and be allowed to make a decision based on their physicians input, and verified scientific data.

That is exactly how this should go.

We should all be talking and listening to our own Drs instead of blindly following politicians  like Biden and Pelosi telling us to "stay away", and not to trust the "Trump vaccine"... that's just foolish.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'm not anti-vax.
I'm up to date on every vax that's been through full (as in five year) trials.

I'm anti-mandate. 
I prefer legislated requirements. 

This.  It is impossible for some people to comprehend that it is possible to support vaccinations (and even for oneself to be vaccinated) but still argue against what is going on with the mandates.  

And to clarify my previous post, no airborne respiratory virus has ever been eradicated.  Comparing vaccines like polio and small pox vaccines which were/are stable for years to the Covid vaccines is disingenuous.  It doesn't mean that getting the vaccine isn't a good choice for most people, but let's also not ignore the fact that Covid is here to stay and is burning through the vaccine barrier.  Even if every single person in the US got the vaccine, unless you are willing to lockdown borders it just takes a couple travelers from India, China, wherever that has the newest variant to reignite the flame again in the US.  And even if you lock down the borders to accomplish this, studies are ongoing to determine the prevalence of transmission of Covid from animals (i.e. Mr. kitty cat) to humans which according to CDC is currently considered low risk..... but it's not no risk.  

Advertise it for what it is....a way for most people to improve their odds of not getting sick enough to be hospitalized and/or die.

On 9/29/2021 at 9:44 AM, The Sicatoka said:

You think this is about a shot and a hockey game. 

First they took the blackhawk logo off the jersey; then they threatened no tournament games; then there was no nickname at all. Now, Go Fighting Hawks.

First you have to submit to a body scan/search to board a plane; then bank transactions over $9k* must be reported to the authorities by banks; now it's produce your normally confidential medical papers to go to an event. Next will be ... 

Things happen incrementally.

*No, it's not $10k. Bad news, eh, gfhockey? ;) 

I guess it's the new normal. Now, if you work for a government agency, you can get fired for not having a Covid-19 vaccine. That’s going to happen soon. nothing you can do to stop it. Yeah, that’s happening.

This did happen incrementally and we did nothing about it. We gave up our freedoms a long time ago. The problem is we let them do this to us without any resistance. I think showing a vaccine card or a negative COVID-19 test is a minor inconvenience. I got the vaccination (X2) back in January. I support a persons right not to get it. with that said, there’s consequences for your actions. 

As we’ve found out the Government is spying on its own people and no one to date has suffered any consequences.  If you’re unhappy with this start voting for better candidates. That’s tough because both parties are full of corrupt, horrible, flawed people. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Goon said:

I guess it's the new normal. Now, if you work for a government agency, you can get fired for not having a Covid-19 vaccine. That’s going to happen soon. nothing you can do to stop it. Yeah, that’s happening.

This did happen incrementally and we did nothing about it. We gave up our freedoms a long time ago. The problem is we let them do this to us without any resistance. I think showing a vaccine card or a negative COVID-19 test is a minor inconvenience. I got the vaccination (X2) back in January. I support a persons right not to get it. with that said, there’s consequences for your actions. 

As we’ve found out the Government is spying on its own people and no one to date has suffered any consequences.  If you’re unhappy with this start voting for better candidates. That’s tough because both parties are full of corrupt, horrible, flawed people. 

DF87CE04-0593-49AD-BCA9-4225802BF699.jpeg

42 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

The "99% recovery rate" is wrong, incorrect, myth, there are no words. https://fullfact.org/health/Covid-recovery-vaccine/

Your article is flawed.  For starters It's almost a year old.  But, even in your article it says that England estimated the fatality rate as .9%.....in other words 99.1% live.  If you are talking 1 in 100 healthy 30 year old people are dying, that's one thing.  But when it includes people of all ages (and once again health levels) that changes it.  

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

What are the odds Bridgestone Arena posts this prior to October 30......"Masks required regardless of vaccine status" even when everyone entering the building has to show proof of vaccination status?

If the ICU's continue to be over run with the unvaccinated in Nashville.... I'd say pretty damn good odds.

25 minutes ago, Sweethockey said:

If the ICU's continue to be over run with the unvaccinated in Nashville.... I'd say pretty damn good odds.

Sounds scary..........except that's not what's happening.  Ever wonder why the "everyone in Florida is gonna die of Covid" stories have dried up?  It's because they have been dropping for a month now despite kids not wearing masks in school....etc.  Same is happening in TN.  The numbers are in decline.  Screenshot_20210930-203545.thumb.png.5eb943d7621d9b641f68e0208fcc4612.png

• Like 1