SiouxSports.com Forum

Nashville

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

It could be with some, that that would be discussing a banned topic?

as well as a few other things such as more excitment for Vegas next year, when hopefully things are more normal. Already rescheduled game, people were wanting the game last year to stay on every 2 years rotation, etc.

13 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

A lot has changed in people's lives since they purchased the tickets. How long has it been since they went on sale? 2+ years?

For example, I'm selling a couple because my sister and BIL are expecting their 2nd child (FWIW: I told her there are plenty of good hospitals in Nashville but she wouldn't listen)

So your sister (and her husband) is using her pregnancy as "cover" to not attend?

Asking for a friend........

• Upvote 3

On 9/20/2021 at 12:29 PM, Godsmack said:

Purely anecdotal but following the UND hockey Facebook page, there sure seems like a lot of UND fans are trying to unload their tickets. Any general reason why? At the time tickets went on sale, I had the impression it was the hottest ticket but now it seems like many folks don’t want, or cannot go.

Its almost as if people have maybe seen this movie before and can get a big wiff of which direction the wind is blowing and they dont want to be left holding the bag....

or from another perspective

Maybe people are generally concerned for their health and that of their family and are choosing to no longer take on their percieved rising risk.... which is their right to do.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I've 20 tickets for the HOF game at the end of next month and so far we're all going.
If this game somehow fizzles out or even the attendance turns out to be fractional of the sell out it became, it will hurt our fan base.

Disagree. As said above it’s been so long since tickets were purchased, I don’t blame anyone if plans changed and can’t or don’t want to go anymore. Nature of the times. 

I don’t think it will or should do anything regarding the fan base. And who would care? They have the money for the tix anyway. Optics only. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/13/2021 at 4:58 PM, 1972 said:

my wife is, i am currently not, but am thinking of doing it,mainly for extra protection if i should get sick( i hope it will, anyway) but im not going to go to anything that requires me to show any kind of proof...just what my stance is.  we will be canceling our plane tickets and hotel this week...probably will have to eat the tickets, but it is what it is, i guess

Definitely don't agree with the "vaccine passport" theory....completely ridiculous and everyone should make their own choice. It is their right. But on the flip side....it's absolutely ridiculous folks haven't gotten the vaccine (my own personal opinion). So I'll show my vaccine card but don't agree with the decision to force this.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Langster019 said:

Disagree. As said above it’s been so long since tickets were purchased, I don’t blame anyone if plans changed and can’t or don’t want to go anymore. Nature of the times. 

I don’t think it will or should do anything regarding the fan base. And who would care? They have the money for the tix anyway. Optics only. 

Agree with you. Plans do change for people. UND and the The Hockey Hall of Fame will both get their money.

On the optics, as far I know, this is not a nationally televised game. My belief is that the people in attendance will have a much better gauge to the true optics. 

The Hockey Hall of Fame, at least for the near future, will continue to milk the cash cow that is the traveling UND hockey fan base. 
What other fan base could they hope to tap so successfully on an every other year basis? They are ok going back to us already next year. 

5 minutes ago, Tbone said:

Agree with you. Plans do change for people. UND and the The Hockey Hall of Fame will both get their money.

On the optics, as far I know, this is not a nationally televised game. My belief is that the people in attendance will have a much better gauge to the true optics. 

The Hockey Hall of Fame, at least for the near future, will continue to milk the cash cow that is the traveling UND hockey fan base. 
What other fan base could they hope to tap so successfully on an every other year basis? They are ok going back to us already next year. 

So another viewing challenge?  Fine, it's fine...

1 hour ago, Prison_Mike said:

Imagine if there were a 99.75% chance that you would NOT !@#$ your pants but you were forced to wear Depends just in case.

Nice try Mr. carpet steamer service salesman. 

I've learned my lesson.

I gladly pull on that discreet protection and will advocate fully for a mandated 2nd pair.

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Tbone said:

which I think is a mistake... to go back to the well too soon. It needs to be something special, 

even every other year seems like alot

2 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Polio was rarer than Covid.   Could you imagine a parent in the 50's denying their kid the polio vaccination because of 'reasons'?  Neither can I.    
And nobody did because, unlike today with Covid, the situation wasn't politicized.   It still isn't.  Every state in the US requires kids to be vaccinated before going to school, and nobody objects, or says anything even though contracting polio is rarer than getting Covid.    

Unfortunately, unlike polio, Covid has become the center of a culture war.:(  

The polio vaccine 70 years later is still 99-100% effective.......so just a wee bit different. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UNDlaw80 said:

My larger point was there are tons of things we do and accept in our daily lives that intrude on our personal well being, yet nobody complains, fights against it, nor gives it a second thought.    

Hell, if you want to attend any sporting event you’ve likely been required to show ID or give out your CC number (to purchase ticket).  These are de facto “ID cards to enter” - except they have far, far more personal info attached to them than the standard Covid vaccination card. 

Either way, this is nothing new.  This country’s history is littered with vaccine mandates, banning of public events, school and businesses closings, vaccination requirements, etc.   George Washington even demanded his troops be immunized against smallpox; even against their will. 

With so many other ‘anti-freedom’, ‘slippery slope’ restrictions in life that nobody says crap about, the hardcore anti-covid/vaccination stance just seems like selective political outrage; and people are willing to miss Sioux games because of it.  It’s a shame.  

Each to their own I suppose. It’s their right too. 

People are generally willing to go along with the examples you gave because they have a track record of dependability.  Fewer people would buy into using credit cards to buy tickets for example........if 3 months from now 1/3 of the tickets purchased that way had disappeared and you were told you had to run your card again even though they weren't able to tell you if you were part of the 1/3 that had already lost their ticket. 

20 hours ago, Goon said:

Sounds like being vaccinated or negative COVID is getting more popular. 

These sports teams can ask for them all they want. I just don't want to hear complaining from them if attendance starts to dip and revenue slides due to people not wanting to go due to these hassles just to get in. Also, people got a long this past year without sports. I think they have seen that it is possible to spend your time and money elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1