SiouxSports.com Forum

Nashville

Skip the crowds!!!
Bridgestone Arena Attendee - get to your seat faster.
I Created my "Clear App" on my phone yesterday. No cost.
Scanned my docs: vaccine card, drivers license, face a couple times - face recognition.
Leave GF Tuesday, staying at a country western downtown inn, coming back Monday.
If you don't believe in vaccines, this app is not for you.
Facial recognition could also scare a non believer.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, coltssiouxfan said:

So is are a majority of people in Nashville wearing green for the game? I don’t want to be the odd one out wearing black. 

I don't think you're going to have to worry about it.  I just took a look back at my photos from the Vegas game and pre-game party and there was a solid mixture of white, green and black jerseys.  I think our group of 7 will be primarily white jerseys, with a couple of greens mixed in, but I may mix it up with my black jersey.

OK Siouxsports, I need some help. Here is the situation. Party of four. I hoped we could enter the arena together - tickets are on my phone. Problem is the CLEAR app. One of the people in our party doesn't have a smart phone, so no CLEAR app. So he has to go to a different entrance and show his vaccination card, but then doesn't have a ticket and has to wait (latest info says at least 30 minute delay) in line. His wife has the CLEAR app on her phone but it doesn't look like a phone will let you enter two people on the CLEAR app on one phone. So she could go with him if she loads the Ticketbastard app and I transfer tickets to her. She tried to enter his info on her ipad but that didn't work either (she has an iphone). So here is what it looks like: 1) Bite the bullet and I transfer tickets to her phone and they wait in the 30 minute line. 2) He bites the bullet and buys a smart phone and downloads the CLEAR app - not likely to happen. 3) We find someone that has two phones and loans him a phone and he downloads the CLEAR app. 4) All four of us go to the 30 minute line. 5) We say screw it, this has turned into a major pain in the ass and give away the tickets.

Given that there aren't even mask requirements at nearly any place in Nashville, the requirements to get in the arena appear very draconian, but it's their ball so we play by their rules or go home. 

Suggestions?

6 hours ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

OK Siouxsports, I need some help. Here is the situation. Party of four. I hoped we could enter the arena together - tickets are on my phone. Problem is the CLEAR app. One of the people in our party doesn't have a smart phone, so no CLEAR app. So he has to go to a different entrance and show his vaccination card, but then doesn't have a ticket and has to wait (latest info says at least 30 minute delay) in line. His wife has the CLEAR app on her phone but it doesn't look like a phone will let you enter two people on the CLEAR app on one phone. So she could go with him if she loads the Ticketbastard app and I transfer tickets to her. She tried to enter his info on her ipad but that didn't work either (she has an iphone). So here is what it looks like: 1) Bite the bullet and I transfer tickets to her phone and they wait in the 30 minute line. 2) He bites the bullet and buys a smart phone and downloads the CLEAR app - not likely to happen. 3) We find someone that has two phones and loans him a phone and he downloads the CLEAR app. 4) All four of us go to the 30 minute line. 5) We say screw it, this has turned into a major pain in the ass and give away the tickets.

Given that there aren't even mask requirements at nearly any place in Nashville, the requirements to get in the arena appear very draconian, but it's their ball so we play by their rules or go home. 

Suggestions?

All go to the same entrance and ask for a little mercy that you can all walk in together.  Maybe they’ll cut you some frickin’ slack.

8 hours ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

Suggestions?

Trust "The Science"

8 hours ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

Suggestions?

Seems like transferring their two tickets to her phone and letting her accompany him through the card line is the easiest.

FYI, I wouldn't assume that the arena is going to be the only place in Nashville with any sort of entrance requirements.  I've been doing some checking on different bars, restaurants and music venues in Nashville to sort of see what will be happening next week, and more than once I've seen notices on their websites indicating that proof of vaccination or a negative test will be required to enter.

9 hours ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

Suggestions?

55 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Call Bridgestone today and get advice.

Yes, absolutely. I'm 100% certain they've had a similar situation come up. 

On 10/20/2021 at 8:57 AM, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Skip the crowds!!!
Bridgestone Arena Attendee - get to your seat faster.
I Created my "Clear App" on my phone yesterday. No cost.
Scanned my docs: vaccine card, drivers license, face a couple times - face recognition.
Leave GF Tuesday, staying at a country western downtown inn, coming back Monday.
If you don't believe in vaccines, this app is not for you.
Facial recognition could also scare a non believer.

It's a great app. I've used it at both Coors Field and Target Field to bypass lines as well. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

9 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Bulletin board material. :wink:

Also very likely that it's taken incredibly out of context.

For example... he could have said that we're an all-around good team and that "nothing in particular" stands out in terms of things to focus on.

I'll never understand why any athlete, at this level or the next, needs the other team to get them motivated for the task at hand. 

Completely anecdotal, but Nashville is my hometown and was excited to go but had to cancel a couple of months ago.

I posted tickets for free on my Facebook page and a couple of Nashville area sites and have yet to get any offers. 

It seems the interest of the local game in Nashville is very minimal, but still be fun for those coming from afar! 

FYI; Broadway is fun and all but Vanderbilt area, Germantown, and Midtown are where are the cool kids hang out ;)

Also, hoping to not see any UND jerseys on the BroadwayUncensored2 Instagram page :D 

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Also very likely that it's taken incredibly out of context.

For example... he could have said that we're an all-around good team and that "nothing in particular" stands out in terms of things to focus on.

I'll never understand why any athlete, at this level or the next, needs the other team to get them motivated for the task at hand. 

We don't need it, but every little bit of motivation helps.