SiouxSports.com Forum

Nashville

Just now, fightingsioux4life said:

We don't need it, but every little bit of motivation helps.

I get the point of it, I just don't agree. Never been my thing. Unless the coach says, "UND is trash and we hate all the players, fans, coaches", I just don't see it as much motivation.

6 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Also very likely that it's taken incredibly out of context.

For example... he could have said that we're an all-around good team and that "nothing in particular" stands out in terms of things to focus on.

I'll never understand why any athlete, at this level or the next, needs the other team to get them motivated for the task at hand. 

When I saw that tweet, I was like “that can’t be the entire quote.” Bad reporting if so. 

This is a long time college hockey coach. He coached Princeton when we played them in regionals in 2008. I just can’t fathom someone being dumb enough to say something like that about your opponent without there being more to it. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

When I saw that tweet, I was like “that can’t be the entire quote.” Bad reporting if so. 

This is a long time college hockey coach. He coached Princeton when we played them in regionals in 2008. I just can’t fathom someone being dumb enough to say something like that about your opponent without there being more to it. 

6 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Two things taken from this article:

1) Like I thought, the tweet "quote" was taken completely out of context and that Gadowsky is saying he's treating this game like any other, just as every coach says about every game

2) He's nuts if he thinks the crowd will be neutral lol

Laughable quote:

"The Nittany Lions and Fighting Hawks will play for the first time ever with the game taking place in Nashville, Tennessee.

This means the blue and white’s first road game will most likely be in front of a neutral crowd, because of the neutral site.

Gadowsky hammered home that he does not expect his team to approach things differently than it usually does, despite the change in scenery."

2 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Also very likely that it's taken incredibly out of context.

For example... he could have said that we're an all-around good team and that "nothing in particular" stands out in terms of things to focus on.

I'll never understand why any athlete, at this level or the next, needs the other team to get them motivated for the task at hand. 

You would think that winning should be enough motivation, but sometimes feeling slighted seems to get a person a bit more motivated.  You always see guys that are traded away from teams perform quite well when they play their old team.  You also have guys like Brooks Koepka that seem to perform very well when he feels slighted, and many times I think the slight is something he makes up to push himself to another level. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, tnt said:

You would think that winning should be enough motivation, but sometimes feeling slighted seems to get a person a bit more motivated.  You always see guys that are traded away from teams perform quite well when they play their old team.  You also have guys like Brooks Koepka that seem to perform very well when he feels slighted, and many times I think the slight is something he makes up to push himself to another level. 

Hey, fair enough. Just was never my style in a competitive setting. 

Cash is not accepted inside Bridgestone Arena. All transactions are conducted with credit cards and debit cards. Cash will not be accepted at any point of sale within the venue. You will need to bring your credit and/or debit cards to purchase anything inside Bridgestone Arena. A limited number of “Reverse ATM’s” are available at Bridgestone Arena for those who only carry cash.......

From the guide FYI

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Two things taken from this article:

1) Like I thought, the tweet "quote" was taken completely out of context and that Gadowsky is saying he's treating this game like any other, just as every coach says about every game

2) He's nuts if he thinks the crowd will be neutral lol

Laughable quote:

"The Nittany Lions and Fighting Hawks will play for the first time ever with the game taking place in Nashville, Tennessee.

This means the blue and white’s first road game will most likely be in front of a neutral crowd, because of the neutral site.

Gadowsky hammered home that he does not expect his team to approach things differently than it usually does, despite the change in scenery."

Are they in for a rude awakening 

14 minutes ago, Kab said:

Just read 0n penn state site that they are excited to play us at a neutral site since it should be a neutral crowd then?

what universe are they in 

After re-reading it for my blog, my guess is the kid who wrote that article just doesn't know anything about UND or likely for that matter, much about college hockey. It was from an independent student newspaper.

5 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

I know this is hockey but anyone know of a plan for a watch party for the football game on Saturday? Pretty important game!

My hotel room is my plan right now. Not exciting but I think a few of us are going to drink cheap beer for the afternoon and watch the game.

47 minutes ago, Fader said:

Anyone know how is the "home" team is decided for this game?  At MSG, we were, in Vegas, the Goofs had on the white sweaters. 

Und is the home team both times. Both these games coulda been at the ralph but they chose to make them destination games. There wore the green jerseys because they were doing the green out thing. 

5 hours ago, Sweethockey said:

Cash is not accepted inside Bridgestone Arena. All transactions are conducted with credit cards and debit cards. Cash will not be accepted at any point of sale within the venue. You will need to bring your credit and/or debit cards to purchase anything inside Bridgestone Arena. A limited number of “Reverse ATM’s” are available at Bridgestone Arena for those who only carry cash.......

From the guide FYI

So cash is no longer legal tender?  WTF?