SiouxSports.com Forum

Nashville

11 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Sounds scary..........except that's not what's happening.  Ever wonder why the "everyone in Florida is gonna die of Covid" stories have dried up?  It's because they have been dropping for a month now despite kids not wearing masks in school....etc.  Same is happening in TN.  The numbers are in decline.  Screenshot_20210930-203545.thumb.png.5eb943d7621d9b641f68e0208fcc4612.png

image.png.9149ff5fb43a91e4cdb624f046da2325.pngimage.png.9149ff5fb43a91e4cdb624f046da2325.pngReally??

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Sweethockey said:

If the ICU's continue to be over run with the unvaccinated in Nashville.... I'd say pretty damn good odds.

Wut??? Again you realize every single person in that building will have been vaccinated.  

#TheScience 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, TheFlop said:

This.  It is impossible for some people to comprehend that it is possible to support vaccinations (and even for oneself to be vaccinated) but still argue against what is going on with the mandates.  

And to clarify my previous post, no airborne respiratory virus has ever been eradicated.  Comparing vaccines like polio and small pox vaccines which were/are stable for years to the Covid vaccines is disingenuous.  It doesn't mean that getting the vaccine isn't a good choice for most people, but let's also not ignore the fact that Covid is here to stay and is burning through the vaccine barrier.  Even if every single person in the US got the vaccine, unless you are willing to lockdown borders it just takes a couple travelers from India, China, wherever that has the newest variant to reignite the flame again in the US.  And even if you lock down the borders to accomplish this, studies are ongoing to determine the prevalence of transmission of Covid from animals (i.e. Mr. kitty cat) to humans which according to CDC is currently considered low risk..... but it's not no risk.  

Advertise it for what it is....a way for most people to improve their odds of not getting sick enough to be hospitalized and/or die.

To “clarify” your previous post, you did in fact claim no virus had been eradicated. I never compared vaccines. All you have done is show you should not be giving anyone advice regarding anything medical. You don’t know what you are talking about. It isn’t worth commenting on the rest of your goofy post. 

• Upvote 3

@Sweethockeycan you clarify your source? It's not Google because this does not agree with what you posted.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tennessee+covid+dashboard&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS929US929&oq=tennessee+covid+dash&aqs=chrome.0.0i512j69i57j0i512l4j0i22i30l3j0i390.5231j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 

State of TN official site: 

https://www.tn.gov/health/cedep/ncov/data.html (check the "EPI curves" for most relevant info). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iramurphy said:

To “clarify” your previous post, you did in fact claim no virus had been eradicated. I never compared vaccines. All you have done is show you should not be giving anyone advice regarding anything medical. You don’t know what you are talking about. It isn’t worth commenting on the rest of your goofy post. 

Ok.  Of course you aren't.   Medical experts have been flip flopping from day 1 so I get to clarify one statement.  CDCs own website talks about human to animal transmission occurring though at the current moment the risk of spreading from animals to human is "low".  Or aren't we listening to the CDC anymore?........of course if animal to human transmission potential was really that "low".....none of this would have happened assuming the lab leak theory is wrong.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Never heard that everyone in Florida was going to die of COVID 

You must not have NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, or MSNBC or read the NYT, USA Today, or WAPO.

Spoiler alert, all deaths were and all future deaths are The Governors fault.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Wut??? Again you realize every single person in that building will have been vaccinated.  

#TheScience 

When did the requirement for every single person in that building to be vaccinated go into effect?

I had believed that a negative test with 72 hours of the event would suffice.

Not sure that I should rely on this thread for information on #thescience or #thetruth. I already gave up on it being about hockey.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jk said:

Would love for the hockey board to get back to hockey.  The Nashville arena requirements are relevant, as people need to know.  But whether they should exist just brings us back to the tired old debates on covid, vaccines and mandates.  This thread should basically be dormant until the week of the game. 

Me too.  I think everyone would love to get back to going to games without all of it.  Problem is that some people are obsessed with keeping Covid a current thing and not trying to accept that it isn't going away and moving forward.  

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Tbone said:

When did the requirement for every single person in that building to be vaccinated go into effect?

I had believed that a negative test with 72 hours of the event would suffice.

Not sure that I should rely on this thread for information on #thescience or #thetruth. I already gave up on it being about hockey.

Valid point....I stand corrected. Have a number of venues we are going to in different states over the next few months. It's tough to keep track of all the different mandates base on the same science so expect my apology on this one.

Our opponent in Nashville, Penn State, has been picked to finish 5th in the 7 team Big Ten. They have been the only team that I have ever found likable in that conference. Club team that a benefactor rewarded with a beautiful and clean looking arena. Would love a UND series to be scheduled there early in the the year so I could attend a football game the same weekend. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Tbone said:

Our opponent in Nashville, Penn State, has been picked to finish 5th in the 7 team Big Ten. They have been the only team that I have ever found likable in that conference. Club team that a benefactor rewarded with a beautiful and clean looking arena. Would love a UND series to be scheduled there early in the the year so I could attend a football game the same weekend. 

Only thing that has ever bothered me is their tendency to take Gopher shots, inflating their shot statistics, and then standing on that statistic as incredibly valuable. But, that's small potatoes :)

1 hour ago, Tbone said:

5th in the Big10? We should roll over them, at least I sure hope we do for all of us travelling for the game!

Just an update...got the first Moderna shot, then got Covid...so have a 1/2 a vaccine card and a letter from ND health Dept. saying "don't get tested for 90 days, you're test may be residually positive"... going to try and get tested right before, but I'm going to Nashville anyway.  Hopefully don't have to sit in the bar and stream the game on my phone!!  (Head slap). Should have held out for the J and J....ha, ha...

Vaccine Mandate logic:  You are as safe or safer if you got your jab 6 months ago than if you got tested 2 days ago, even though there is a chance that you currently have COVID.  Fun fact....you can still have Covid and pass it to others even if you have been vaccinated.  Which is why vaccine mandates don't do anything to stop the spread of the virus.  Only to make YOUR symptoms less severe.  Why is this so hard for people to understand?  

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

If one presents proof to get into the Preds game earlier in the day does one get a scarlet letter on your UND jersey or do you go through the process all over again for the UND game?

security-guard.gif.510017c074229cb6ba1d761f1b0174fc.gif

Waitaminute here ... ^^^^^  that's Agent Zed from MIB! 

LOOK OUT FOR THE FLASHY-BLINKY-THINGY! 

1067853.jpg