SiouxSports.com Forum

Nashville

10 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Bring your hard copy or another digital copy of your vaccination.

The CLEAR app reviews look as promising as the reviews on a 5 drawer dresser from IKEA.

side note - I returned one of those dressers to IKEA and got full refund in cash due to safety recall for tipping issue.  The thing was falling apart so we were happy go get rid of it regardless.

1 hour ago, TheFlop said:

Thank you for trying to make a point because it brings up another thing people are overlooking.  Those that work in the information security world know that not all spills are intentional....in fact most are unintentional.  But I'm sure all of these low cost bidder 3rd party apps will have people safely covered.  

Help me understand - what is there to "spill" they have a scan of my driver's license and vax card - isn't all that information available to someone who really wanted to find it through sites like  publicdata.com? 

32 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Help me understand - what is there to "spill" they have a scan of my driver's license and vax card - isn't all that information available to someone who really wanted to find it? 

Same could be said about almost anything.  You can't 100% eliminate risk when it comes to losing/having personally identifiable information (including health related information) stolen and/or abused.  That doesn't mean you don't take reasonable steps to reduce risk.  One can argue where that reasonable line is......but even you have a line..... If it's not that big of a deal go make 1000 photo quality color copies of your driver's license (front and back) and leave a couple in every building on the UND campus.   

Just because a good thief can break into most anywhere, doesn't mean you don't take steps like have working locks, neighborhood watches, Ring doorbells, etc on your home to keep from being an easy target. 

33 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Same could be said about almost anything.  You can't 100% eliminate risk when it comes to losing/having personally identifiable information (including health related information) stolen and/or abused.  That doesn't mean you don't take reasonable steps to reduce risk.  One can argue where that reasonable line is......but even you have a line..... If it's not that big of a deal go make 1000 photo quality color copies of your driver's license (front and back) and leave a couple in every building on the UND campus.   

Just because a good thief can break into most anywhere, doesn't mean you don't take steps like have working locks, neighborhood watches, Ring doorbells, etc on your home to keep from being an easy target. 

This was in reference to "a spill" concern about "Clear" app. Don't see that we have much choice to get in the door. Still waiting for the other shoe to drop and for the game to be cancelled outright. 

12 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

This was in reference to "a spill" concern about "Clear" app. Don't see that we have much choice to get in the door. Still waiting for the other shoe to drop and for the game to be cancelled outright

Now rooting for this.  Give me my money back.  Sick of playing your games.

• Upvote 2

Here's the response from Bridgestone Arena. I'm a little concerned about "for the time being".

Thank you so much for reaching out to us via the Bridgestone Arena website. We strongly recommend using the CLEAR app but will be checking proof of vaccination / negative tests at all entrances for the time being. Please look for Health & Safety Check Point signage at all entrances to present your physical, printed, or digital proof of vaccination / negative test.

Please visit our FAQ page for more information about our new policy: https://www.bridgestonearena.com/bridgestone-arena-protocols

1 hour ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

Here's the response from Bridgestone Arena. I'm a little concerned about "for the time being".

Thank you so much for reaching out to us via the Bridgestone Arena website. We strongly recommend using the CLEAR app but will be checking proof of vaccination / negative tests at all entrances for the time being. Please look for Health & Safety Check Point signage at all entrances to present your physical, printed, or digital proof of vaccination / negative test.

Please visit our FAQ page for more information about our new policy: https://www.bridgestonearena.com/bridgestone-arena-protocols

So using the CLEAR app isn't a requirement for admission 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CMSioux said:

This was in reference to "a spill" concern about "Clear" app. Don't see that we have much choice to get in the door. Still waiting for the other shoe to drop and for the game to be cancelled outright. 

That would give me "cover" to never have to fly American Airlines again. United was first on that list.

3 hours ago, CMSioux said:

I hope it isn't cancelled and don't think it will as numbers are trending down in the south....for now.  But there does come a point where it's fair to ask if too many more hoops are added to jump through this close to show time if cancellation is a viable option.  I'm guessing not because I'm guessing financially the game is already a success for UND with what seems to have been strong ticket sales.

I will throw this out there that maybe someone can help with.......does UND/Penn State/ Big Ten currently have testing requirements in place for athletes?  Because if 1/3 of Penn State tests positive or is close contacted out for a couple days on Wed/Thur that would end the game pretty quickly too.  

11 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

But there does come a point where it's fair to ask if too many more hoops are added to jump through this close to show time if cancellation is a viable option. 

Like I pointed out when the Bridgestone hoops started coming, they barely gave a window for a four-week full vax regimen.

2 hours ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

I guess I don't know for sure, but I suspect that when they wrote "will be checking proof of vaccination/negative tests at all entrances for the time being" that they are probably referencing the fact that Bridgestone's policy currently is in place until November 15.