SiouxSports.com Forum

Nashville

10 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Having the vaccine doesn’t prevent you from getting Covid or transmitting it. It lessons the severity of symptoms. So vaccine requirements are unnecessary. Especially if you truly are “following the science”. 

Yeah, they really have no proof it reduces symptoms either... think about it, how do you know how severe it "would've" been?  It's a hope, not a fact.  

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 6

12 minutes ago, Kab said:

Masks and vaccines won’t protect anyone or any venue from lawyers 

But masks and vaccines will make it less likely that a lawsuit would be successful. They can show people they did all they could to prevent serious infection and/or death amongst the patrons, thus covering their keisters.

59 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

But masks and vaccines will make it less likely that a lawsuit would be successful. They can show people they did all they could to prevent serious infection and/or death amongst the patrons, thus covering their keisters.

Have sold many logoed masks since March of last year.

This or something similar is on every product description.

• Not recommended for use in a surgical setting or where significant exposure to liquid, bodily or other hazardous fluids may be expected and where the infection risk level through inhalation exposure is high.
  • The product has not been FDA cleared or approved.
  • The product has been authorized by FDA under an EUA for use by HCP as PPE to help prevent the spread of infection or illness in healthcare settings and by the general public to help slow the spread of the virus during the COVID-19 pandemic.
  • This product is authorized only for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of the emergency use of medical devices, including alternative products used as medical devices, during the COVID-19 outbreak, under section 564(b)(1) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. § 360bbb-3(b)(1) unless the authorization is terminated or revoked sooner.  

And then you factor in that maybe 2% of people use the correct protocol when wearing their masks.

Probably the only true benefit of wearing a mask, besides virtue signaling, is that having one on may serve as a reminder to be vigilant in paying attention to social distancing.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Do we just bring our covid cards as proof or is there something else I need 

Per the Herald, you can show proof through one of these options:

• An official, government-issued vaccination card listing the guest’s name and dates of doses, including the date the last dose was administered.

• A photo or digital version of an official, government-issued vaccination card listing the guest’s name and dates of doses, including the date the last dose was administered.

• A printed or digital negative COVID-19 PCR or antigen test administered by a healthcare professional within 72 hours prior to a guest’s given event that includes the guest’s name and the date of the test.

39 minutes ago, Hockeygirl97 said:

Thanks!  I'm out west, so not sure I want to go that far, but maybe Devils Lake...

Just confirmed that the Medicine Shoppe in Mandan, ND also has it.  They said they have a pop-up clinic for J&J this Thursday as well.  I would call to confirm with them if you are interested.  I looked on vaccines.gov to find locations with J&J and found that some of the sites listed still did not have it in stock, so calling is best.  Good luck and hope to see you in Nashville!

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Are there any past or current lawsuits against venues or any places of business where a person is suing because they got Covid?  Seems like we would hear about them if there were.  If you are worried about Covid, stay home.  If you go to a venue with 18,000 people and get Covid, not sure how you can make the venue liable.  It all comes down to personal responsibility and know the risks/lack of risks.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Are there any past or current lawsuits against venues or any places of business where a person is suing because they got Covid?  Seems like we would hear about them if there were.  If you are worried about Covid, stay home.  If you go to a venue with 18,000 people and get Covid, not sure how you can make the venue liable.  It all comes down to personal responsibility and know the risks/lack of risks.

I was just giving my explanation as to why they would impose the mandates they are imposing. They have to cover their butts; no one else is going to do it for them.

5 minutes ago, Kab said:

I’ve had my shots and if I was going I would bring a mask,’

just saying the game is 6 weeks out and with the CDC science and guidelines might change 6 times

Most will have a mask because of flying. The flying mask mandate isnt going to change anytime soon.