2020 non UND FCS thread

UNDBIZ

39 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Oh really?  Didn't notice.  

Sweet Jesus! 

#1 in FCS and #1 in hockey ... at the same time. < faints >

https://www.masseyratings.com/ch/ncaa-d1/ratings

https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/fcs/ratings 

But it don’t mean squat. You have to keep winning. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dustin said:

So is this saying that UND is rated #1?

You don't go from like around 36th in NCAA STATS FCS TOP 25 (counting votes after top 25) in 9 days to #1 in tomorrow's poll.
We have plenty to work on and to improve on. 
Only second game of season, would a Thursday SD slap make us humble?
One game a week, keep focused.

130+ Humility Quotes To Live A Simple Life

2 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

You don't go from like around 36th in NCAA STATS FCS TOP 25 (counting votes after top 25) in 9 days to #1 in tomorrow's poll.

130+ Humility Quotes To Live A Simple Life

True.  I really think the team would know they still have a lot to prove even if number 1, maybe more so if 1.  They hear about NDSU all the time just like we do.  These guys are hungry!  

2 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

That's why I am asking - why are we at the top of Massey's list?  Doesn't seem right.  

12 minutes ago, Dustin said:

That's why I am asking - why are we at the top of Massey's list?  Doesn't seem right.  

Drill into UND’s schedule at Massey; his system says we’ve defeated numbers 5 and 9 with 6 coming in. Strength of schedule has to be a big factor. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Drill into UND’s schedule at Massey; his system says we’ve defeated numbers 5 and 9 with 6 coming in. Strength of schedule has to be a big factor. 

Also the teams we beat beat #1 and #3 when they played them. 

41 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

41 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Poor Dom Dom izzo is gonna know how to spin it this week. Must be cuz of covid

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I've typically followed sagarin but thats maybe just out of habit. They all got their system they follow. They can all be goofy early in the year whether they consider last year's results or exclusively the small current sample. 

Kinda wish college sports would get rid of ranking teams for the first few weeks. Doesnt serve any purpose outside of marketing and bulletin board material. 

45 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

UND has to get a lot better if we are #2, but if a person were to judge a whole season after 2 games I guess that’s where we would be....

I told my Bison fan co-worker that whatever UND is ranked this week is too high.  If we play a complete game on offense, defense, and special teams (hasn't happened yet), then maybe we are top 5.

46 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

UND has to get a lot better if we are #2, but if a person were to judge a whole season after 2 games I guess that’s where we would be....

Tough to argue that sentiment. The positive thing, is I don't think UND has played anywhere near a complete game. Still alot a of things to clean up, which is very encouraging looking long-term. The first 3 games in the comfortable confines of the Alerus Center sets up nice for the team. Now they have a tough game on a short week against a very solid opponent and then on the road for 3 in a row, including the defending champs who are going to be coming out swinging. Likely going to be a hiccup somewhere in there. 

There are going to be plenty of people ready to drop UND like a rock if/when they lose a game and say the first couple games were just luck.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Siouxper32 said:

Poor Dom Dom izzo is gonna know how to spin it this week. Must be cuz of covid

No, it’s NDSU, the excuse must always be that the division became watered down and allowed the lesser programs to succeed when they otherwise would not. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Exactly. To be a true #2 we need to be able to play a full 4 quarters first of all. We also need to be able to execute a game killing drive on the ground. We could not do that against SDSU, the d had to bail us out over and over again. And just like last week, our passing game on o and d is a major weakness. We need to clean all that up to sniff even deserving a mention of being top 5 let alone #2. That said, I think the team has great chemistry which goes a very long way in football. It’s the secret sauce.