SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 non UND FCS thread

UNDBIZ

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

As I look through the draft classes, I agree with you, Clemson also would be in that discussion, but that's it really.

Depends where Oklahoma’s current qb goes and where lance goes. 1st overall followed by a 2nd rounder followed by 1st rounder would better than NDSU. Although two of them were transfers for whatever that’s worth.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Depends where Oklahoma’s current qb goes and where lance goes. 1st overall followed by a 2nd rounder followed by 1st rounder would better than NDSU. Although two of them were transfers for whatever that’s worth.

Even to be in the discussion is a feat that even the most fervent NDSU fan could have never imagined.

1 hour ago, FlinFlan80 said:

Heard through the grapevine, Zeb transferred because he aspires to be a college football coach and thought NDSU would be a great place to learn and maybe play someday.

He lost his job to Brock Purdy I believe. He wasnt going to see the field in Ames.

15 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Idk how much credit to give OU there. This guy there now is their first homegrown QB in like the last 5 years 

On 10/8/2020 at 9:13 AM, Bison06 said:

It's gonna take NDSU missing on a QB. Depending on how you look at it, they've been incredibly fortunate or incredibly smart in recruiting the past 12 years at that position.

I made this point before Trey Lance even came along, but I don't really think it can be argued at this point. NDSU has had possibly the best 3 quarterback trio of any school in the nation since Wentz took over.

There isn't another school that can say they've had their last three QB's drafted and two in the first round(we'll see on Trey). Oklahoma and Ohio State would be the two I would put in the same discussion.

I know that seems insane on it's face, but it's true when you look at the QB play NDSU has been blessed with.

reminds me of a Metallica song, "Sad but True."

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

After the election, the western 2/3s of MN wants to form their own state and call it East Dakota. Comments were made we could follow the Bison and NDSU.  At least we would have a winning FB team. I kept my mouth shut.

One would expect the state to want to form its own university/team

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Indiana State opts out of Spring Football.  Wonder if this ends up adjusting UNDs schedule (even though ISU Blue isn't on the schedule, the other school will have to adjust)

I’m more worried about how many more teams will opt out.  I sure hope the spring season isn’t canceled.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

If we just hang in there long enough we will be national champs this year.

AAARRGGHH!!! 

Instead of using the ITF as a testing center, they should've locked down the minimum number to play in a no-virus-zone and waited out the country!  :lol:

... < pondering ISU Blue >...

Waidaminuteheah ... ISU Blue is no-go for football but the NCAA plans to play the majority of the hoopsy-bouncey tournament in ... Indiana? 

Indiana State thinks they'll be hot ... so we send in 68 basketball teams to Indiana to drag whatever back across the country

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

... < pondering ISU Blue >...

Waidaminuteheah ... ISU Blue is no-go for football but the NCAA plans to play the majority of the hoopsy-bouncey tournament in ... Indiana? 

Indiana State thinks they'll be hot ... so we send in 68 basketball teams to Indiana to drag whatever back across the country

It’s ok the ivory ncaa towered city of Indians in the land of Indians will be protected.