SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 non UND FCS thread

UNDBIZ

Athletics at all but a few major colleges have been running deficits for years. They have been relying on student fees, boosters & state funding for years to be some what sustainable. Now that all three are suffering it will be tough for a lot of colleges as we have already seen. I think the bigger athletic programs and universities will be able to sustain the down turn without much interruption. Smaller schools, not so much 

Revenue for all universities will be down in athletics

people don’t have the disposable income to be able to attend these events and some people will not attend due to the virus

i think pro sports will suffer worse and companies will cut back on advertising due to many reasons including politics and therefore tv ratings will be way down too 

On 6/26/2020 at 3:11 PM, Mama Sue said:

I have the disposable income but...no way do I plan to go to Minneapolis after they defunded their police department....no way. And many others feel the same way. The whole picture here from 10,000 feet up has totally changed. I hope college athletics survives and prospers. Go UND.

Truth 

• Upvote 1

On 6/26/2020 at 3:11 PM, Mama Sue said:

I have the disposable income but...no way do I plan to go to Minneapolis after they defunded their police department....no way. And many others feel the same way. The whole picture here from 10,000 feet up has totally changed. I hope college athletics survives and prospers. Go UND.

This dancing the fine line of politics.

I say that because a vote was taken by a city council regarding MPLS PD. That’s fair topic. But not here. 

And no further. Thank you. 

27 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

This dancing the fine line of politics.

I say that because a vote was taken by a city council regarding MPLS PD. That’s fair topic. But not here. 

And no further. Thank you. 

Really? After months of politics on the site, this is where you draw the line. You are about as consistent as a bowel movement after Taco Bell.

2 minutes ago, Stockdamhockey said:

Really? After months of politics on the site, this is where you draw the line. You are about as consistent as a bowel movement after Taco Bell.

We have allowed one thread to go political.

Keep it there is the ask. 

Thank you. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/26/2020 at 4:19 PM, dmksioux said:

I'm done with professional sports for so many reasons, which I won't go into due to the politics.  Still following UND/college sports...for now.  

I'm barely holding on to the Vikings and will until someone takes a knee on the team.(probably this year)  NHL hockey is looking a little more attractive right now.  And still holding onto UND athletics.  But anymore of players being offended to the point they can't function because of a word or words spoken and I'll just hang it up for good.  I'm not investing time and money in what's becoming an unimaginable pansy-ass culture across the sporting world, including UND.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

I'm barely holding on to the Vikings and will until someone takes a knee on the team.(probably this year)  NHL hockey is looking a little more attractive right now.  And still holding onto UND athletics.  But anymore of players being offended to the point they can't function because of a word or words spoken and I'll just hang it up for good.  I'm not investing time and money in what's becoming an unimaginable pansy-ass culture across the sporting world, including UND.

This is what we get when everyone gets a ribbon because we don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

I'm with you 1000+. Send my tickets in for a refund.  Players and coaches need to play the game.  After the game have at it.

Edited by Nodak78
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

You will see players taking a knee across many different sports and many different levels and if that is your tipping point you might as well start making plans to not see many sports at all. 

Personally I couldn't care less if players, coaches, or entire teams want to take a knee. I will support the athletes, coaches, and teams on the field and off and enjoy watching them perform for the teams I follow.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If I watch any pro sports this year I will start after any pregame is over and the game has started

i see the NBA is going to allow players to put remarks on their jerseys

will they allow someone to say police matter?

I admire student athletes so much... so many times they have been awesome role models for my children starting with t-ball coaches. I know I am old but personal integrity is still important. I hope we don’t end up throwing the baby out with the cat heater over all of this....GO UND!!!

5 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

I admire student athletes so much... so many times they have been awesome role models for my children starting with t-ball coaches. I know I am old but personal integrity is still important. I hope we don’t end up throwing the baby out with the cat heater over all of this....GO UND!!!

That's either a new expression, or the worst (non-vulgar) autocorrect in history.  :) 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

That's either a new expression, or the worst (non-vulgar) autocorrect in history.  :) 

It is an auto correct.... I did not grow up with this new stuff... it should be bath water!!! Thanks... just a little drama tonight.  I got the GO UND right and that’s what counts.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Kab said:

If I watch any pro sports this year I will start after any pregame is over and the game has started

i see the NBA is going to allow players to put remarks on their jerseys

will they allow someone to say police matter?

Lol remember when LeBron got butthurt about the Rockets GM supporting Hong Kong?

This is a genuinely stupid idea to allow them to make political statements on the court/field. If they don't want to show up to work and do their jobs then they are only hurting themselves. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Lol remember when LeBron got butthurt about the Rockets GM supporting Hong Kong?

This is a genuinely stupid idea to allow them to make political statements on the court/field. If they don't want to show up to work and do their jobs then they are only hurting themselves. 

People actually watch the NBA? It’s a look at me league and has been since Jordan retired pretty much. Cannot stomach it 

• Upvote 1