SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 non UND FCS thread

UNDBIZ

1 minute ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

What was the staff looking at the last 6 months to start Zeb?

Great question. He’s a statue in the pocket which doesn’t fit the previous prototype for NDSU’s success and isn’t particularly accurate. Maybe he looks a ton better in practice than the game.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

You guys are funny. Did you guys feel better about Schuster or Ketteringham. Every one of you knows full well you came into this season feeling very good about the QB position. Let’s move on.

I don't think anyone felt "good" about it going into the season. Frankly it was the biggest question mark. Schuster had 34 career attempts going into the season. I would guess Ndsu fans had more confidence in what they thought they had with Noland than UND fans did. We weren't even sure Tommy would be the starter. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, jdub27 said:

I don't think anyone felt "good" about it going into the season. Frankly it was the biggest question mark. Schuster had 34 career attempts going into the season. I would guess Ndsu fans had more confidence in what they thought they had with Noland than UND fans did. We weren't even sure Tommy would be the starter. 

In hindsight Shuster should have been the qb from SHSU on.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I’m not sure this is true. Every conversation this board for the last 18 months has talked about Schuster as the clear cut starter and as the future of the program. Which I believe to be justified, he’s a good player with the potential to be great.

I would venture to say most UND fans were not sure what was going  to happen at  qb position.  There were many different opinions and levels of confidence out there.  Our fans are living day to day just like your fans  are.  Our team and our QB are off to good start but we will see what happens down the road.  

6 minutes ago, Siouxper32 said:

Well now ur talking about 90% of the bison fan base. I do give credit for what su has accomplished but the arrogance and ignorance of the fans that think su has dominated UND forever and will continue forever is mind boggling. But most of em are bandwagon fans anyway and o ya there is no rivalry. 

In fairness to young people who believe the above, 75% of the students currently at NDSU or UND weren’t alive the last time UND gave NDSU a meaningful game.(most of that time was because they weren’t playing) But it was pretty logical to develop that opinion when one team is winning national championship and beating FBS schools while the other isn’t making the playoffs. I’m not trying to be disparaging, just pointing out why fans are somewhat justified in their opinion if they don’t understand the history between the two programs.

29 minutes ago, Siouxper32 said:

But as su fans have been saying forever that UND can only recruit d2 players and those that su doesn't want. This game should be another blowout with all their superior depth they always brag about.

25 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Sounds like you think bisonville is representative of “SU fans”. Nobody who knows football ever thought that was true.

Another lie, there are a lot of MooU fans in that box outside of Bozovill. They also completely try and hide the fact of any rivalry, humbling lesson coming Saturday. We may not win, but Tradition will show it's face.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Another lie, there are a lot of MooU fans in that box. They also completely try and hide the fact of any rivalry, humbling lesson coming Saturday. We may not win, but Tradition will show it's face.

Lie? That’s a bit strong, call it a difference of opinion. The crews I run in have a ton of respect for UND.

Also, if you’re feeling so confident that ndsu will learn “a humbling lesson” next Saturday, why are you hedging by saying “we may not win”?

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

Lie? That’s a bit strong, call it a difference of opinion. The crews I run in have a ton of respect for UND.

Also, if you’re feeling so confident that ndsu will learn “a humbling lesson” next Saturday, why are you hedging by saying “we may not win”?

You come on here spewing that this arrogance is just a few on Bozovill, and rest are not in that box.  Humbling lesson is to the fans, point being it will stick win or lose. Each day I'm feeling better about another slip.

3 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

You come on here spewing that this arrogance is just a few on Bozovill, and rest are not in that box.  Humbling lesson is to the fans, point being it will stick win or lose. Each day I'm feeling better about another slip.

How will it be humbling if NDSU wins? Your logic isn’t following.

8 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Your twisting again. 
Regarding the a rivalry.

Past post:

"They also completely try and hide the fact of any rivalry, humbling lesson coming Saturday." Win or Lose.

Forgive my ignorance here, but what are you saying? What are you anticipating happening this coming Saturday that will prove a rivalry regardless of the outcome? Fans are limited so tailgating and fan attendance will be low and the atmosphere will be relatively weak as a result. I anticipate a close game so a blowout win by either team is unlikely, though if one team were to win in a blowout, a UND blowout win is much more likely IMO.

Maybe I’m just seeing this coming Saturday much differently than you. The way I see it, if NDSU wins this week, even if it’s a very close win, it’ll only further solidify in the minds of NDSU fans how big of a gulf exists between the two programs(I’m not saying I agree with that). NDSU fans will say this is the worst team NDSU had had in a decade and the best team UND has had in 10-15 years and NDSU still won the game.

36 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

In fairness to young people who believe the above, 75% of the students currently at NDSU or UND weren’t alive the last time UND gave NDSU a meaningful game.(most of that time was because they weren’t playing) But it was pretty logical to develop that opinion when one team is winning national championship and beating FBS schools while the other isn’t making the playoffs. I’m not trying to be disparaging, just pointing out why fans are somewhat justified in their opinion if they don’t understand the history between the two programs.

Anyone that doesn't know the history between the schools that grew up in ND, western MN, or northern SD either grew up living under a rock or are ignorant beyond help. With technology today these young people are aware of stats, records, etc. that are posted everywhere compared to 20 plus yrs ago before social media was like it is today. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Siouxper32 said:

Anyone that doesn't know the history between the schools that grew up in ND, western MN, or northern SD either grew up living under a rock or are ignorant beyond help. With technology today these young people are aware of stats, records, etc. that are posted everywhere compared to 20 plus yrs ago before social media was like it is today. 

I don’t agree. This fall’s incoming freshman class will have been born in 2003. They grew up in a reality that tells them that NDSU is far superior to UND in football. A persons own reality and experience is much stronger in forming an opinion than what happened before they were born.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Siouxper32 said:

I’m not so sure. Most younger people don’t get into college FB until middle school and beyond. The rivalry has been an afterthought to most Bison fan’s because the game wasn’t being played and their focus was Conference rivalries and championships. Even those not under rocks weren’t exposed to anything resembling a rivalry, or for that matter relevance. 

• Upvote 1

Most young fans of either team are fans because their parents were fans or alumni or because that’s the school they chose.

remember when we win this week the ac will say its because of 

- it’s our super bowl 

- the pandemic

-the spring season

-transfers

-its a rivalry for us but not them

-the coaches

-not enough juice on hand 

it will never be because we are better this year 

just my 7 cents worth 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Kab said:

Most young fans of either team are fans because their parents were fans or alumni or because that’s the school they chose.

- it’s our super bowl 

- the pandemic

-the spring season

-transfers

-the coaches

just my 7 cents worth 

And it’s just those NDSU fans that are arrogant. Maybe we just see what happens on Saturday before we start getting ahead of ourselves here.

5 minutes ago, Kab said:

- it’s our super bowl 

- the pandemic

-the spring season

-transfers

-the coaches

just my 7 cents worth 

So what, and if we win we do the Griddy Dance.
And again next year at the Hawks' Nest.

8 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

And it’s just those NDSU fans that are arrogant. Maybe we just see what happens on Saturday before we start getting ahead of ourselves here.

What did you want me to say, if we win? 

‘I’m not on the other team board giving opinion.

I might be wrong but I’m hopeful, not arrogant.

been thru this rival for over 40 years  and the most fun win or lose was the banter with my ac pharmacist friends, they sold me drugs, with an Rx.

• Upvote 2