SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 non UND FCS thread

UNDBIZ

23 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

How original of you, dancing and laughing makes them feminine.

I’m sure you’re man enough to express that opinion to their faces right?

Dancing and laughing doesn't make them femine but dancing and laughing like little school girls might. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Siouxper32 said:

Dancing and laughing doesn't make them femine but dancing and laughing like little school girls might. 

Some might say Bubba’s little dance makes him look like a goof, but his team loves it.  Because it is UND, I suspect fans love it too.  

10 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

However this is the same school that does not allow players to celebrate a conference championship because "it's not the championship we want". 

I think that would depend on the year and the expectations leading into that season. This team is made up of a lot of new faces at many key positions, anyone outside of the extreme fanatics in Fargo knew this season would be a season with a lot of question marks. This isn’t exactly the 2013 Bison team with returning starters at nearly every position.

I don’t think anyone in conference  is feeling sorry for NDSU that players graduated or moved on. I think most every team plays the players they have right now. Not the players they had in previous years. Cry me a River. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Dagger said:

I don’t think anyone in conference  is feeling sorry for NDSU that players graduated or moved on. I think most every team plays the players they have right now. Not the players they had in previous years. Cry me a River. 

Who’s crying, calm down.

Simply stating that replacing key positions leads to a period of acclimation. Same reason UND fans felt better coming into this season with the starting QB returning than you would have if you had a fresh face at that position and other key spots. 

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

I agree, but what would you say are the common values that span generations? 

Kids love accountability. Not at first but once they get their first taste of true accomplishment through adversity it’s empowering. It shows them you believe they are capable to become actually competent. Instead of telling them everything they do is special and good, which they don’t believe deep down.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Kab said:

Don’t really care about the ac and what they do

i do care that we beat the snot out of them next week 

Love the visual of “beat the snot out of them.”

UND dominance on both sides of the ball, no injuries and (rather than just win) beat the snot out of them!

Should be a good game. I expect a relatively low scoring game as both defenses are stout, especially against the run.

UND’s offense has a clear edge against NDSU’s, but I saw some hope with Miller in that I didn’t see in Noland so hopefully the coaches stick with Miller.

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

I like your optimism and hope you are right, but those three values you mentioned are objectively on the decline with younger people. 

There is a rapidly decreasing amount of things that can be leaned on in tough times that bind us together in this country anymore. Sport used to be one of them, I hope that continues to be true in the future.

The problem is the parents not the kids. Raise them to be narcissists who blame everyone and everything for any issue and then blame popular culture for the mess it creates. Unconditional positive regard is poison. We need to get back to common sense that kids trust.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Who’s crying, calm down.

Simply stating that replacing key positions leads to a period of acclimation. Same reason UND fans felt better coming into this season with the starting QB returning than you would have if you had a fresh face at that position and other key spots. 

Our starting QB didn’t return? Tommy got into a couple games but was not our starter. 

1 minute ago, sioux24/7 said:

Our starting QB didn’t return? Tommy got into a couple games but was not our starter. 

You’re correct, my mistake. My memory of Tommy’s play when he was in there was impressive enough to know you guys were solid at that position. I just misremembered that he wasn’t actually the starter, he just played like he should have been.

22 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Should be a good game. I expect a relatively low scoring game as both defenses are stout, especially against the run.

UND’s offense has a clear edge against NDSU’s, but I saw some hope with Miller in that I didn’t see in Noland so hopefully the coaches stick with Miller.

I don't know why they wouldn't.  From the little I watched yesterday (flipped between a couple of games) there was a difference. 

3 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I don't know why they wouldn't.  From the little I watched yesterday (flipped between a couple of games) there was a difference. 

I agree, Miller looked head and shoulders like the better player to me.

2 minutes ago, Dagger said:

Tommy was definitely a seasoned veteran.  He had played  quite a few "minutes".

You guys are funny. Did you guys feel better about Schuster or Ketteringham. Every one of you knows full well you came into this season feeling very good about the QB position. Let’s move on.

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

You guys are funny. Did you guys feel better about Schuster or Ketteringham. Every one of you knows full well you came into this season feeling very good about the QB position. Let’s move on.

Nah you're not wrong but it does just seem people are saying we are thriving because of having all our starters returning..... also, there's some on this board that are still calling for Tommy to be replaced for some reason.

2 minutes ago, Dagger said:

Tommy was definitely a seasoned veteran.  He had played  quite a few "minutes".

But as su fans have been saying forever that UND can only recruit d2 players and those that su doesn't want. This game should be another blowout with all their superior depth they always brag about.

• Like 1

Just now, sioux24/7 said:

Nah you're not wrong but it does just seem people are saying we are thriving because of having all our starters returning..... also, there's some on this board that are still calling for Tommy to be replaced for some reason.

My intention isn’t to downplay any of UNDs success, if that is how it’s coming across. Every team is a mixture of experienced and inexperienced players. UND is adapting well and making the best of the talent they have so far, good on them, that’s what teams who are successful have to do.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Siouxper32 said:

But as su fans have been saying forever that UND can only recruit d2 players and those that su doesn't want. This game should be another blowout with all their superior depth they always brag about.

Sounds like you think bisonville is representative of “SU fans”. Nobody who knows football ever thought that was true.

19 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I agree, Miller looked head and shoulders like the better player to me.

What was the staff looking at the last 6 months to start Zeb?  I’ve watched bison vS SIU, MSU and ISU and have been amazed he is the Bison best option.  The ISU QB was a terrible passer yesterday too.