SiouxSports.com Forum

ISU GDT

F'n Hawks

7 minutes ago, Sioux04 said:

Bubba's post-game interview was a mess.  He looks so intimidated by the questions.  All I got from it was how good/explosive ISU is and how prepared we were.  Does this coaching staff ever take some blame?  Time to clean house.

Bubba is always a mess.  Week in and week out.  Look at him during a game... painful! The only thing more painful is the results. 

11 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

I think this is one of your bigger problems. I think I read earlier this year Baukol is a Fargo native and has been a S&C coach at UND for something like 20 years. I don’t think he is developing kids like other programs are. I think it was quite telling when DC Schmidt was interviewed before the NDSU game on Izzo’s or Jack Michael’s show and he was asked about Trey Lance. His first comment was surprise at how much bigger he is now than when he was a senior  HS. Putting 30 pounds on a 6’3-1/2 “ frame should not be surprising at the FCS level. It also showed me that they were aware of Lance in HS and didn’t see fit to offer him, which should tell you something about their talent evaluations.

The fact they only offered Lee that year and not both still boils my blood.

Of course Fleck thought he was good enough for OLB only.....

59 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

I think this is one of your bigger problems. I think I read earlier this year Baukol is a Fargo native and has been a S&C coach at UND for something like 20 years. I don’t think he is developing kids like other programs are. I think it was quite telling when DC Schmidt was interviewed before the NDSU game on Izzo’s or Jack Michael’s show and he was asked about Trey Lance. His first comment was surprise at how much bigger he is now than when he was a senior  HS. Putting 30 pounds on a 6’3-1/2 “ frame should not be surprising at the FCS level. It also showed me that they were aware of Lance in HS and didn’t see fit to offer him, which should tell you something about their talent evaluations.

Baukols first year was 2007 I think.

26 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Baukols first year was 2007 I think.

It was either 2007 or 2010. The UND webpage on him isn't clear. It says that this is his 13th year at UND overall, but it doesn't specify if the 3 years he spent at UND as a grad student counts. If it was 2007, that means his only non-UND experience was his undergrad work at MSU-Moorhead and a single year at Wyoming.

1 hour ago, nd1sufan said:

I think you may be right. I also think recruiting kids with frames that can grow into physical specimens like Lance is part of it as well. I’m perplexed with this one. Not sure if any of us not involved with the program can say with certainty Baukol is a problem. I can say he’s had some success along with some average results. 

7 hours ago, UND Fan said:

I was watching on TV. Did anyone hear what Bubba said on the post-game radio broadcast?

He actually sounded pretty discouraged. Talked about needing to play better defense. I don't remember the rest. What was there to say besides, "We've got to be better."?

7 hours ago, bang said:

Right now I really can’t stick up for UND football. But how sad and pitiful is your life? To have the time, to come onto a sad and pitiful teams fan board on a Saturday night. I mean I’m a fan of the team and care about how they do. You claim UND is insignificant in your life yet here you are. Did your Saturday night Dungeon and Dragons game get cancelled? 

I was walking to a bar to watch some grown up football ironically.  I keep track of both ND schools, I love the state I grew up in.  As a child, the NDSU v. UND game was basically Christmas.  I love college athletics.  I'd like UND to not be terrible.  Talk to my boy VMeister.  

Should also be noted, I have never claimed UND is insignificant.  I post on UND's board, clearly I'm interested in how you folks are doing.  Half my family went there.   The best week of the year is when the two schools get together and rumble.  

Someone is rather touchy that his school got their *** kicked by a team of Mormons not named BYU.  It's okay.  Nowhere to go but up bud.

• Downvote 3

Here's my prediction......UND beats Poly on the road, upsets the Cats at home, loses to Weber then has No.Colorado and So. Utah at home to finish 7-4 to sneak into the playoffs due to beating Davis and the Cats but they crap the bed in one of the last 2 home games against a horrible team.

6-5......miss the playoffs and Bubba sticks.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Here's my prediction......UND beats Poly on the road, upsets the Cats at home, loses to Weber then has No.Colorado and So. Utah at home to finish 7-4 to sneak into the playoffs due to beating Davis and the Cats but they crap the bed in one of the last 2 home games against a horrible team.

6-5......miss the playoffs and Bubba sticks.

Literally, exactly what will happen.  And as long as Lowell is around it wouldn't surprise me if 5-6 got him another season.  

• Upvote 1

In the first quarter we had what...seven or eight penalties in a span of just a few minutes of game time. I thought never have I seen a team so unprepared and uninspired to play football. Nothing over the next couple hours changed my mind. 

• Upvote 2