SiouxSports.com Forum

ISU GDT

F'n Hawks

Just now, Wildfan said:

Another thing we can conclude besides that this team was a mess today is that ISU has terrible cameras and operators and we get spoiled in that aspect by Midco.

Oh man, that was an awful broadcast.  ISU's stadium has 1970s seating and their endzone walls have awful awful tigers painted on them that look like they should be in a 1980s dojo!  Yet...that kind of a program just embarrassed UND.  So unacceptable. 

9 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

But it's all okay boys and girls, because it's "all about the relationships" and "all about teaching life lessons". So it doesn't matter how much we lose or how bad we look doing it. After all, this is just high school with better athletes. And you cannot talk about improved fundraising because that is "spending other people's money" and that is just WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!! :silly::angry:(extreme sarcasm on a very frustrating day).

Now I'll sit back and wait for the contrarians to tell me how wrong I am and how I am not a "real fan" because I don't like what is happening and I have the nerve to post it on our fan forum.:glare:

Yep, Participation Ribbon is enough.

• Like 1

Per my pervious question about Danny becoming HC possibly, I agree with all of you. Need new, young perspectives moving forward. Hate to say it but take a page from the school down south and get an FBS assistant or something. I.e. when they brought in Bohl. Just a recommendation. Thanks for all your replies on my question!!!

ps: this game was unacceptable. I remember a time when UND would overcome adversity not simply give up. I can say this now since I’m a new dad, “I’m not mad, just disappointed “. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I don't think our alumni base likes this at all. But in order to raise more money, you have to build relationships with potential donors. We haven't been doing that and the results speak for themselves. Aside from HPC Phase I, our facilities are the same or worse as when we were D-II. And we are now 10 years into the Division I experiment. Unfortunately, too many of our own people think as long as the student-athletes do good in the classroom and good in the community, there's nothing that needs to be fixed. And that mentality has to change. And it has to start with our next UND President.

Alumni only care about Hockey.  Need to drop football and concentrate on Hockey $$$

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

I quit watching the game at the half and by comments, seems that was an excellent choice.

1) I'm 100% not watching another UND FB game this year, which includes not going to a home game.

2) if this was a real FB program, Bubba would be fired at the airport tarmac

Someone with pull needs to do a I'll give the program $1 million if Bubba is fired type of shenanigan. 

• Upvote 1