Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
F'n Hawks

ISU GDT

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, bincitysioux said:

 

 

I believe the Strength & Conditioning coach has been here longer than Bubba, just saying....................

IMO, we have been generally been the smaller, weaker, slower team since moving to DI.

I never understand why S&C is not scrutinized more as a weak link.  FCS programs are developmental in nature.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Let’s lay it to rest. He’s incapable.  

 

Whats your thoughts? 

If he's gone, I'd want Danny. The O in general has been so much better and earlier this week one of the more discouraged posters noted that "Danny got his QB" so you hope to see that work out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kab said:

Not leaving on Thursday is a coaching blunder

hockey  would leave Tuesday 

Agree.  Not making excuses, but if the team isn't there 24 hours before kickoff, that's an AD issue.

The team wasn't properly rested after a long travel day,

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SiouxVolley said:

Agree.  Not making excuses, but if the team isn't there 24 hours before kickoff, that's an AD issue.

The team wasn't properly rested after a long travel day,

This is kinda where I’m at right row.  I’m not sure we can really read much into this game.  Take care of the rest of the season and get a playoff game.  Not saying it wouldn’t be mutually beneficial for Bubba to retire or take on a fundraising role, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, shep said:

If he's gone, I'd want Danny. The O in general has been so much better and earlier this week one of the more discouraged posters noted that "Danny got his QB" so you hope to see that work out. 

Honestly, I'd rather him stay at OC and have an outside hire. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

Honestly, I'd rather him stay at OC and have an outside hire. 

I understand, but a new guy coming in almost ALWAYS has his own guys at the coordinator spots. Danny is young, energetic, I bet he's a great recruiter. Brings a lot to the table.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shep said:

I understand, but a new guy coming in almost ALWAYS has his own guys at the coordinator spots. Danny is young, energetic, I bet he's a great recruiter. Brings a lot to the table.

Definitely young and energetic. Head coach material? I don't know, maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, shep said:

If he's gone, I'd want Danny. The O in general has been so much better and earlier this week one of the more discouraged posters noted that "Danny got his QB" so you hope to see that work out. 

Danny doesn’t have any HC background. Barely has OC background.  Not saying at one point he couldn’t become a nice HC candidate but not now.  Und needs a qualified winner ...whether it’s naia, d2 or d1.  It starts with the Und brass.  If und is committed to getting a qualified HC they need to “show me the money” .   Bubba  and mussman have been easy hires.  Pay bottom barrel  because they both wanted to be here.  Cheap cheap cheap.   Nothing to do with accolades.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Longtime fan said:

Danny doesn’t have any HC background. Barely has OC background.  Not saying at one point he couldn’t become a nice HC candidate but not now.  Und needs a qualified winner ...whether it’s naia, d2 or d1.  It starts with the Und brass.  If und is committed to getting a qualified HC they need to “show me the money” .   Bubba  and mussman have been easy hires.  Pay bottom barrel  because they both wanted to be here.  Cheap cheap cheap.   Nothing to do with accolades.   

By the same token, we'd take an SU coordinator any day. And each of their last two hires was the DC (though I'm not sure if either had any HC experience).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, shep said:

By the same token, we'd take an SU coordinator any day. And each of their last two hires was the DC (though I'm not sure if either had any HC experience).

Because they have proven themselves.  Ndsu has had one of the best Ds in the fcs the last decade or so.   Und hasn’t had one of the best offenses in the fcs, actually one of the worst,  in bubba years.  Hard to promote an OC to HC with that resume. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mama Sue said:

What do people without nuts do???

Eat a bag of circus peanuts and consider yourself lucky. :)

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kab said:

Not leaving on Thursday is a coaching blunder

hockey  would leave Tuesday 

absolutely! University of Jamestown left on Thursday for their game, and they only had to drive two hours south to get away from the predicted weather. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Team will likely replicate last year.

6-5. 

No playoffs.

If that is the case at the end of the year, then it for sure is time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question about the coaching do you guys think the school needs to invest more in football instead of throwing all there money at hockey and if they did they could get a top notch fcs coordinator or hi end d2 head coach to come. Also what does bubba and the asst. Make

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to add......und was better than Idaho st at absolutely nothing.   They would beat und 9 out of 10 times ....and they are bad.  Real bad.   And they completely destroyed und.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, BAT67 said:

Question about the coaching do you guys think the school needs to invest more in football instead of throwing all there money at hockey and if they did they could get a top notch fcs coordinator or hi end d2 head coach to come. Also what does bubba and the asst. Make

Yes. Need to invest way more. Not sure what they make, but needs to be on par with NDSU SDSU and USD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I think a better plan for next year if Bubba is still coaching is to have the Potato Bowl first game of the year, everyone go to the French fry feed, have a good time,  get your nuts dipped in battery acid as you head home, and never speak about or think about UND football the rest of the season. 

OMG ..  officially nominate this for ss.com Post Of The Year.

heck, it may actually win a Pulitzer.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Zero excuses for what happened today.  I'm sorry, but once again, UND had everything in front of them and they laid a massive egg.

Its time.  Its over.  New blood. Its needed. 

Bubba's post-game interview was a mess.  He looks so intimidated by the questions.  All I got from it was how good/explosive ISU is and how prepared we were.  Does this coaching staff ever take some blame?  Time to clean house.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...