SiouxSports.com Forum

ISU GDT

F'n Hawks

4 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Let’s lay it to rest. He’s incapable.  

Whats your thoughts? 

If he's gone, I'd want Danny. The O in general has been so much better and earlier this week one of the more discouraged posters noted that "Danny got his QB" so you hope to see that work out. 

1 minute ago, SiouxVolley said:

Agree.  Not making excuses, but if the team isn't there 24 hours before kickoff, that's an AD issue.

The team wasn't properly rested after a long travel day,

This is kinda where I’m at right row.  I’m not sure we can really read much into this game.  Take care of the rest of the season and get a playoff game.  Not saying it wouldn’t be mutually beneficial for Bubba to retire or take on a fundraising role, though. 

1 minute ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

Honestly, I'd rather him stay at OC and have an outside hire. 

I understand, but a new guy coming in almost ALWAYS has his own guys at the coordinator spots. Danny is young, energetic, I bet he's a great recruiter. Brings a lot to the table.

23 minutes ago, shep said:

If he's gone, I'd want Danny. The O in general has been so much better and earlier this week one of the more discouraged posters noted that "Danny got his QB" so you hope to see that work out. 

Danny doesn’t have any HC background. Barely has OC background.  Not saying at one point he couldn’t become a nice HC candidate but not now.  Und needs a qualified winner ...whether it’s naia, d2 or d1.  It starts with the Und brass.  If und is committed to getting a qualified HC they need to “show me the money” .   Bubba  and mussman have been easy hires.  Pay bottom barrel  because they both wanted to be here.  Cheap cheap cheap.   Nothing to do with accolades.   

1 minute ago, Longtime fan said:

Danny doesn’t have any HC background. Barely has OC background.  Not saying at one point he couldn’t become a nice HC candidate but not now.  Und needs a qualified winner ...whether it’s naia, d2 or d1.  It starts with the Und brass.  If und is committed to getting a qualified HC they need to “show me the money” .   Bubba  and mussman have been easy hires.  Pay bottom barrel  because they both wanted to be here.  Cheap cheap cheap.   Nothing to do with accolades.   

By the same token, we'd take an SU coordinator any day. And each of their last two hires was the DC (though I'm not sure if either had any HC experience).

10 hours ago, shep said:

By the same token, we'd take an SU coordinator any day. And each of their last two hires was the DC (though I'm not sure if either had any HC experience).

Because they have proven themselves.  Ndsu has had one of the best Ds in the fcs the last decade or so.   Und hasn’t had one of the best offenses in the fcs, actually one of the worst,  in bubba years.  Hard to promote an OC to HC with that resume. 

1 hour ago, Kab said:

Not leaving on Thursday is a coaching blunder

hockey  would leave Tuesday 

absolutely! University of Jamestown left on Thursday for their game, and they only had to drive two hours south to get away from the predicted weather. 

Question about the coaching do you guys think the school needs to invest more in football instead of throwing all there money at hockey and if they did they could get a top notch fcs coordinator or hi end d2 head coach to come. Also what does bubba and the asst. Make

22 minutes ago, BAT67 said:

Question about the coaching do you guys think the school needs to invest more in football instead of throwing all there money at hockey and if they did they could get a top notch fcs coordinator or hi end d2 head coach to come. Also what does bubba and the asst. Make

Yes. Need to invest way more. Not sure what they make, but needs to be on par with NDSU SDSU and USD.

3 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I think a better plan for next year if Bubba is still coaching is to have the Potato Bowl first game of the year, everyone go to the French fry feed, have a good time,  get your nuts dipped in battery acid as you head home, and never speak about or think about UND football the rest of the season. 

OMG ..  officially nominate this for ss.com Post Of The Year.

heck, it may actually win a Pulitzer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Zero excuses for what happened today.  I'm sorry, but once again, UND had everything in front of them and they laid a massive egg.

Its time.  Its over.  New blood. Its needed. 

Bubba's post-game interview was a mess.  He looks so intimidated by the questions.  All I got from it was how good/explosive ISU is and how prepared we were.  Does this coaching staff ever take some blame?  Time to clean house.

• Upvote 1