SiouxSports.com Forum

ISU GDT

F'n Hawks

I don't think that is the way to go, I just wonder if the success at moo u is because of that 'focus'.    I would like to support all the sports that UND offers, and do not think dropping or going back to D2 is a good move.  The failure to go D1 earlier seems to have negative repercussions that will take much effort to overcome. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 90siouxfan said:

I don't think that is the way to go, I just wonder if the success at moo u is because of that 'focus'.    I would like to support all the sports that UND offers, and do not think dropping or going back to D2 is a good move.  The failure to go D1 earlier seems to have negative repercussions that will take much effort to overcome. 

Maybe you were trying to be cute earlier. I guess I am not in the mood for jokes. The current situation at UND was caused by lack of leadership, incompetence and outright ignorance. And it is absolutely sickening.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

You, my friend, are what is wrong with UND right now. We'll NEVER do this, we'll NEVER do that. This isn't "realistic", that isn't "realistic". Blah, blah, blah. Have you ever heard of the term "self-fulfilling prophecy". Because that is what is happening in Grand Forks right now. You start accepting mediocrity and adopt low standards, then you get mediocrity and low standards. That perpetuates mediocrity, which starts the whole vicious cycle all over again. This monster feeds onto itself. And the only way to kill this monster and restore the tradition of excellence we used to have around here is to hire a strong UND President who acknowledges that academics, athletics and research can and must coexist for the entire campus to move upward and forward. Not downward and backward.

I would not argue many of your points only to say I disagree with you and your perceived understanding of my acceptance.  I live in a real world and know we can’t wish everything we want to change. I am not what is wrong, I am the current reality. What can change today, tomorrow? Do you think firing everyone on your hit list changes anything today. No. Why waste the energy on making torches. The season isn’t over.  We have been dealt this hand. We have to play it out.  It doesn’t turn out, eventually we start over.   We have some good players and some very good recruits waiting in the wings, need to be very careful or the cupboards will start bare for the next guy if it comes to that cause they will bail.  

And remember this, parents of recruits  read blogs. We can seem a little unhinged on here at times so put yourself in their shoes while you post some of the stuff on here.  Because we don’t want to add to the recruiting problem.  Kind of like being the friend with the crazy wife that nobody wants to visit, and you wonder why!!

• Downvote 1

43 minutes ago, Parkers Pros said:

I would not argue many of your points only to say I disagree with you and your perceived understanding of my acceptance.  I live in a real world and know we can’t wish everything we want to change. I am not what is wrong, I am the current reality. What can change today, tomorrow? Do you think firing everyone on your hit list changes anything today. No. Why waste the energy on making torches. The season isn’t over.  We have been dealt this hand. We have to play it out.  It doesn’t turn out, eventually we start over.   We have some good players and some very good recruits waiting in the wings, need to be very careful or the cupboards will start bare for the next guy if it comes to that cause they will bail.  

And remember this, parents of recruits  read blogs. We can seem a little unhinged on here at times so put yourself in their shoes while you post some of the stuff on here.  Because we don’t want to add to the recruiting problem.  Kind of like being the friend with the crazy wife that nobody wants to visit, and you wonder why!!

So this is high school athletics now? Doh-Kay. :silly:

The leadership of the 2019 UND football team, both student-athletes and coaches, is not mentally tough and that is evidenced by an 0-3 record on the road. This team cannot play a complete game away from the Alerus Center. Turnovers, penalities, you name it; this team falls apart on the road.

They desperately need to toughen up for this next week’s road game against Cal Poly. 

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

Call me crazy but I think traveling to San Luis Obispo on Thursday and a Friday walkthough at Spanos Stadium would be a good idea.   

With a 5:05 kickoff there is plenty of time for a walkthrough but getting out of town on time Friday afternoon would be a good start. The travel complications last week were bush league.

• Upvote 2