SiouxSports.com Forum

ISU GDT

F'n Hawks

Just now, siouxfan512 said:

Mid season, which is what I wrote. The fact that he doesn’t is as bad as bubba not benching Kett mid game.

mid game and mid season are different. 

Oh so you're predicting the future and calling Chaves pathetic based on your prediction. Got it. 

1 minute ago, UNDColorado said:

Dumbest thing I've read all day. Changes need to be made but what you said is just dumb.

If we couldn't afford W hockey before, think about it after you lose the largest alumni base by size that have some major donors as well. 

12 minutes ago, Old School Guy said:

Coaching matters. Talent matters. Funding matters. Expectations matters. Fan support matters. Facilities matters. Everything matters if you are trying to put a consistently good product on the field, court, or ice.

But it's all okay boys and girls, because it's "all about the relationships" and "all about teaching life lessons". So it doesn't matter how much we lose or how bad we look doing it. After all, this is just high school with better athletes. And you cannot talk about improved fundraising because that is "spending other people's money" and that is just WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!! :silly::angry:(extreme sarcasm on a very frustrating day).

Now I'll sit back and wait for the contrarians to tell me how wrong I am and how I am not a "real fan" because I don't like what is happening and I have the nerve to post it on our fan forum.:glare:

Ooof. I’m going to take some time and digest this. The wheels completely fell off during this game. There were signs before this game, though. Poor 2nd half against UC Davis. Even the weather didn’t cooperate for travel. 

But, as for game points:

1) Turnovers - UND lost.

2) Penalties - UND lost.

3) Game Result - UND lost. 

4 minutes ago, Kab said:

If the largest alumni base by size with major donors likes this !@#$ then what difference does it make

changes need to be made 

I don't think our alumni base likes this at all. But in order to raise more money, you have to build relationships with potential donors. We haven't been doing that and the results speak for themselves. Aside from HPC Phase I, our facilities are the same or worse as when we were D-II. And we are now 10 years into the Division I experiment. Unfortunately, too many of our own people think as long as the student-athletes do good in the classroom and good in the community, there's nothing that needs to be fixed. And that mentality has to change. And it has to start with our next UND President.

• Upvote 2