SiouxSports.com Forum

UND- NDSU GDT 9/7/2019

SiouxFan100

42 minutes ago, VMeister said:

Here is my profile picture for the next 2 weeks, for losing a bet to JohnnyBoy. 

That is a poor hawk... keep the head but the rest has to go. Isn’t there some theater grad student that could design one? UND needs a mascot.

When I do costumes I do visual recognition and visual impact. Visual recognition is when a 4 year old in the seats recognizes this as a hawk. The visual impact is the WOW factor, more for adults.

Someone needs to work on a quality hawk and isn’t it hawks? We need more than one.

5 hours ago, bison73 said:

Bubba will not take you to the promised land.

9G years ago, Noah loaded the Arc and drifted to an unknown Land.

5G years ago, Moses came down Mt. Sinai with the Tablets, told the people, pick up your axes, mount your camels and asses, come follow me, I'll lead you to the promised Land.

84 years ago, Pres. Roosevelt enacted Social Security, told the people, drop your axes, sit on your asses, light up a camel, U R in the promised Land.

In years of late, Congress restricted the use of our axes, taxed our assess, over regulated our smokes, and mortgaged the promised Land.

Now, Bubba may not have an ax to grind, and may have fooled our assess and put our hopes up in smoke, but football is not the promise of the Land.

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

Salty Mike is dead to me after that

Ironically enough...a lot of my UND friends on facebook were sharing that photo. I think the shame and embarrassment is far from universal.

*I should amend that statement. I shouldnt say "a lot." I noticed it multiple times on my feed. That is not necessarily a lot. 

7 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Ironically enough...a lot of my UND friends on facebook were sharing that photo. I think the shame and embarrassment is far from universal.

*I should amend that statement. I shouldnt say "a lot." I noticed it multiple times on my feed. That is not necessarily a lot. 

Change to the Fighting Moose, might as well. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I really want this to get some serious traction. 

The head is good and done professionally.... the body looks like someone went into the unused athletic equipment storeroom and just picked up a few pieces....

The questions that need to be answered...

1. How much movement will be done in this? Will make a huge impact on style.

2. Is the mascot the same for every sport or is it sport-specific? You could make it generic and add a jersey for the specific sport.

3. These wings are almost the biggest disgrace.... I guarantee you 100% on my RN license there are better wings that can be sewn (and I am not talking about buying chicken wings and my hawk legs would be better too).

So again, visual impact and visual recognition.

Get someone at the local watering hole to have a few drinks and start talking.... 

2 hours ago, bison73 said:

Recruiting is huge factor.   Here is a little story in that regard. When Bohl was still at NDSU we went down to play Northern Iowa. They kicked our ass.  As a matter of fact they embarrassed us with their physicality..  After that game Bohl said---we have to recruit a different player to be competitive at this level of play. 

Its alot easier to coach if you have the players to be competitive. IOW its not about the Xs and Os its about the Jimmies and the Joes.

Exactly!  A good/ great  head coach has the ability to dissect and expose their weaknesses and recruit accordingly.  Bubba recruits “recruits” because that’s part of his job. Massive difference 

How many hardcore fans actually believe that bubba will bring a winning formula to the mvfc.? Honest question.  

7 hours ago, Bison06 said:

This comment won’t age well. Stick has the smarts and the attitude to be a backup in the nfl for a decade.

Stick made Chargers roster this year.  It is very difficult to do that.  He is learning under a future HOF QB.  Rivers is a great guy and will help younger players. Chargers have great team culture. Stick is in a great situation right now. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

That picture still irritates me.

More embarrassing that the game itself. 

Yes it slightly irritated me, but mostly got over it. Much worse stuff at that game.

The chant "Sioux Suck Sh!T" is alive at the Dome.

"F'hawks" {and variations thereof) is alive at the game and on Bison social media.

The Sioux Suck chant over the years did us no good with the NCAA, even though is wasn't us saying it. This hockey poster doesn't even make the NCAA radar!

3 hours ago, UND1981 said:

When the Bison win the next 4 FCS championships with this new QB, they need to move up to FBS.  I know Darrell won't agree with me.  Nobody will come close to beating them this year.  Talk about a reload.  Lose 24 seniors and your head coach and don't miss a beat.

Well maybe we could get the presidents of the Mo Valley schools to vote NDSU out of the conference like the D3 schools did to St. Thomas.     Might be worth a try.

4 hours ago, bison73 said:

Recruiting is huge factor.   Here is a little story in that regard. When Bohl was still at NDSU we went down to play Northern Iowa. They kicked our ass.  As a matter of fact they embarrassed us with their physicality..  After that game Bohl said---we have to recruit a different player to be competitive at this level of play. 

Its alot easier to coach if you have the players to be competitive. IOW its not about the Xs and Os its about the Jimmies and the Joes.

Good post.

The year UND beat Wyoming was the year that Bohl cleaned house.  His attitude at Wyoming is if you quit, you are gone. If you arent involved in the game, even from the sidelines, you are gone.  His practices are brutal, so if you can't keep up, you're gone. It was a horrible year for the Pokes but they are a much better team now and they absolutely never quit and they can keep up.

He isn't the nicest guy, friendly enough though, but he is respected.    

They don't get the best players at Wyoming and they'll never win an FBS championship, but they now can knock off teams like Boise State and Missouri.  They have hosted the MWC championship gsme and the Bronze Boot for winning the CSU game has been in Laramie for a few years. 

I'm wondering Bubba' s teams will at least get to the level of competing in the best FCS conference, the MVFC?  I dont expect multiple FCS championships.  I do expect them to at least be in the hunt more often than not. 

Big question marks here...

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Yes it slightly irritated me, but mostly got over it. Much worse stuff at that game.

The chant "Sioux Suck Sh!T" is alive at the Dome.

"F'hawks" {and variations thereof) is alive at the game and on Bison social media.

The Sioux Suck chant over the years did us no good with the NCAA, even though is wasn't us saying it. This hockey poster doesn't even make the NCAA radar!

Strange.  I didnt hear that chant. Of course I dont sit around many college types.  But I do have to admit that that sentiment was expressed in many conversations before, during and after the game. :lol:

But seriously why does it bother you? Youre no longer the Sioux. Youre the Fighting Hawks. Right?

6 hours ago, bison73 said:

Strange.  I didnt hear that chant. Of course I dont sit around many college types.  But I do have to admit that that sentiment was expressed in many conversations before, during and after the game. :lol:

But seriously why does it bother you? Youre no longer the Sioux. Youre the Fighting Hawks. Right?

It happened several times for a short stint, I sit near the students

There are many things the UND staff needs to worry about before a chant and a Mascot with a hockey sign first though

• Upvote 1

Wanted to really let this game sink in.

• Special Teams: B. No huge mistakes, didn't do anything to hurt the team.
  • Defensively: C- I don't know if this will make sense, but they did a lot of the little things pretty well. 38 is too many points, but it's close to what could have been a pretty solid game (28-31 point range). Third downs (NDSU going 9-14) and the redzone (TDs vs FGs) were really detrimental.
  • Offensively: F: So disappointed. Only two games in, so clearly there is room to grow.