SiouxSports.com Forum

UND- NDSU GDT 9/7/2019

SiouxFan100

I thought SiouxSports would be OK if I started this a little early.

A big challenge and opportunity for our football team. The Fargodome is a hard place to play. It will be loud and verbal communication will be nearly impossible.

personally, I don’t know how we compare to su. They have been so dominate and very impressive. Play the game.

again, any pics will be appreciated. I live in Fargo and haven’t decided to go to the tailgate. I will enjoy watching the game at home. Maybe I am just waiting for us to prove we belong. I don’t know if that is just me or if others feel the same way.

Enjoy the day Hawks fans. This includes before, during and after. Let’s play to our abilities and hopefully no players from either team gets hurt.

I don’t like the su. It’s time we knock them off their pedestal. Imagine the meltdown in Fargo when we beat them. I will personally have my own little riot. Lots of pent up frustration-at least from me.

Go Hawks 

• Upvote 2

Key in this game is special teams and time of possession. If UND doesn't have any mistakes such as blocked punt, big returns from kickoffs, making FG attempts, etc. I think we can give them a run. Am worried about time of possession though with our hurry up O and pass game..

I'll be at the game, can't wait to rep the UND gear around all the bison fans. Love getting under their skin.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, DB Cooper said:

Key in this game is special teams and time of possession. If UND doesn't have any mistakes such as blocked punt, big returns from kickoffs, making FG attempts, etc. I think we can give them a run. Am worried about time of possession though with our hurry up O and pass game..

I'll be at the game, can't wait to rep the UND gear around all the bison fans. Love getting under their skin.

Like most games: turnovers, turnovers, turnovers. 

If Zimmerman can somehow avoid interceptions and everyone for UND can hang onto the ball, that will give UND a chance.

UND will have an even stronger chance if their defense can stop the run and force NDSU’s freshman QB to throw them the ball. 

Key for UND to win this game: stop NDSU’s run game (will be very tough but Schmidt actually did it in 2015) and then force NDSU QB into mistakes. This is much more a possibility than many think. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

UND needs to put up 125+ yards on the ground otherwise it could get ugly. Time of possession needs to be relatively even for UND to give themselves an opportunity to pull the upset. Last time NDSU had the ball on offense almost 14 more minutes than UND.

JJ needs to be a beast today.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

UND needs to put up 125+ yards on the ground otherwise it could get ugly. Time of possession needs to be relatively even for UND to give themselves an opportunity to pull the upset. Last time NDSU had the ball on offense almost 14 more minutes than UND.

JJ needs to be a beast today.

Agree on TOP.  The way I see it happening (if it’s going to happen), is that UND is going to have to establish a passing game enough to open up the run.  With their receiving core, I think it could happen.  The run game stats will probably actually be small, with the majority of running back action coming on short passes to the outside. I see NDSU trying to attack us the opposite way - gain consistent ground in the run, but take select shots through the air once it’s established. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

OL and DL need to step up and keep it even in the trenches, win the turnover battle, and capitalize on every opportunity and also make every FG attempted. 

Me played at Washington last year, there should be zero intimidation factor. Noise will be a little bit of an issue but I know they have been preparing for it. 

6 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Agree on TOP.  The way I see it happening (if it’s going to happen), is that UND is going to have to establish a passing game enough to open up the run.  With their receiving core, I think it could happen.  The run game stats will probably actually be small, with the majority of running back action coming on short passes to the outside. I see NDSU trying to attack us the opposite way - gain consistent ground in the run, but take select shots through the air once it’s established. 

I agree with this.  We don't have to hit a magical number of yards on the ground.  We have to move the ball and convert 3rd downs.