SiouxSports.com Forum

Own The Farm Week

Prison_Mike

23 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

It's a rivalry game.  Not sure why Entz would think any different.  Maybe top take some pressure (if there is any) off his players.  Just trying to treat it like any other non conference game.  this year will feel like more of a rivalry than 2015 because it is the start of playing every year again.  Next year will be even bigger since it will be a conference game.  And eventually (and hopefully) the rivalry will be back to the level it once was. 

I saw Kolpack and Izzo's preview of the game and they were kind of in the same boat how it's a rivalry game but doesn't feel like one being so early in the season.  they dd bring up a point that this game needs to be the last game of the year and it needs a trophy.  So many college football rivalries that do those two things, NDSU/UNd game needs to do as well.  2020-2023 game days are set.  2022 game in Fargo is the last game of the season but the other 2 are not.  Hopefully startign in 2024, the game will be the last game of the year.  Looking forward to getting this rivalry started up again!!

It already had a good trophy. What's the point in playing for anything else? Either bring it back or dont waste time on a trophy. 

14 minutes ago, Goon said:

Dude, just stop, it's a rivalry. 

Describe why NDSU and UND football players on the current team have any reason to think this is a rivalry? Nobody on the current team played in the 2015 game and they were all in diapers the last time this game meant something.

Rivalry doesn’t just mean “big game”.

3 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I was at the game, there was a cold rain. What a beat down!

I, too was there - had a great time and remembered to bring my wineskin to keep warm.  My first experience with crybaby Bison fans.  

9 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Describe why NDSU and UND football players on the current team have any reason to think this is a rivalry? Nobody on the current team played in the 2015 game and they were all in diapers the last time this game meant something.

Rivalry doesn’t just mean “big game”.

Rivalry games are for the fans more than the players.  If we beat your a#@ on Saturday you will KNOW its a rivalry game.

21 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

And we know who has it!

The State?

3 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Rivalry games are for the fans more than the players.  If we beat your a#@ on Saturday you will KNOW its a rivalry game.

Ifs and buts lmao

10 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I already know it’s a rivalry...for the fans.

Not sure how much more clear I can be on this subject.

14 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I disagree with rivalries being more for the fans.

If you’ve played in a true rivalry game, it’s much, much different on the field. 

49 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

It already had a good trophy. What's the point in playing for anything else? Either bring it back or dont waste time on a trophy. 

Sure we had a great trophy.  Any new one isn't going to be as good.  But that is not a reason to not have a new one.  Virtually every rivalry game in college football has a trophy.  Would be unfortunate if this one didn't have one.  Seriously.  Doesn't really matter what it is.  Doesn't need to be glitzy or prestigious.  Bells, buckets, kegs, jugs, spades; there are trophies out there that have been played for for years that are just basic and simple.  Playing for a trophy that is basically an object, that the players can run too and carry around the field after a big win is what it's all about.  To have a physical representation of the big rivalry win that players and fans can gravitate towards is just one more thing that makes rivalry games great.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Siouxperfan7 said:

Sure we had a great trophy.  Any new one isn't going to be as good.  But that is not a reason to not have a new one.  Virtually every rivalry game in college football has a trophy.  Would be unfortunate if this one didn't have one.  Seriously.  Doesn't really matter what it is.  Doesn't need to be glitzy or prestigious.  Bells, buckets, kegs, jugs, spades; there are trophies out there that have been played for for years that are just basic and simple.  Playing for a trophy that is basically an object, that the players can run too and carry around the field after a big win is what it's all about.  To have a physical representation of the big rivalry win that players and fans can gravitate towards is just one more thing that makes rivalry games great.

I agree, this needs to be a trophy game.

Best outcome for me, bring back the Nickle, but if that can’t happen, let’s start a new tradition with a new trophy.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I'm worried about this being a trap game for us with the SHSU game coming up in a week.

Not being a rivalry game and all that.:silly:

That's quality sarcasm, well done......and we all got it without you having to actually type the word sarcasm at the end.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I disagree with rivalries being more for the fans.

If you’ve played in a true rivalry game, it’s much, much different on the field. 

First time I was involved in this game it meant little, I was from 700 miles away.  It's about the fans and past players.  It's not like the players pull out some super powers because the opponent is a rival. 

6 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

First time I was involved in this game it meant little, I was from 700 miles away.  It's about the fans and past players.  It's not like the players pull out some super powers because the opponent is a rival. 

I bet if you asked your teammates from ND what it meant the first time, they’d have a different answer. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

That cut block on Arnell should have put things into perspective for you. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I remember reading a study a few years that concluded that "rivalry" games are statistically more likely to result in the favored team winning than games between non-rivals.