SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2019-20 Season

Frozen4sioux

4 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

To Schloss' credit, he and Miller just put together a 35 minute podcast specifically about football. Link in the 2019 season football thread.

Just saw that you live in Breckenridge.  One of my best friends owns the Cheese Shop downtown in Breck.  He was born in Grand Forks and went to UND for a couple years. 

On 8/28/2019 at 5:40 PM, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Word on the street is Forum papers, including the Herald, will be subscription-based access in the near future. Probably why Brad isn't updating his areavoices site anymore.

Schloss has never really updated the blog that much during the summer, so I wouldn't necessarily use that as a clue.

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 5:40 PM, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Word on the street is Forum papers, including the Herald, will be subscription-based access in the near future. Probably why Brad isn't updating his areavoices site anymore.

That's not "word on the street", I believe that Bill Marcil Jr came out and said that a couple weeks ago

On 8/28/2019 at 6:51 PM, brianvf said:

Just saw that you live in Breckenridge.  One of my best friends owns the Cheese Shop downtown in Breck.  He was born in Grand Forks and went to UND for a couple years. 

I know that place. Next time I go in I will be sure to wear some Sioux gear!

On 8/28/2019 at 2:13 PM, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

You're talking out of both sides of your mouth. 

On one hand, UND started on 3rd and was handed everything so their success shouldn't be a surprise. On the other hand, they're a failure since starting on 3rd and being given the cash cow. Which is it?

Hockey Privilege

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 11:09 AM, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Fair enough. That's news to me.  Surprised it wasn't mentioned/discussed on here.

I'm not sure if it was talked about or not. It wouldn't be surprising that no one mentioned it due to the dislike of forum communications by some. Every since Bill Jr took over the company from his dad, it has been one terrible decision after another.

Not sure where to post this, but UND just made it impossible for students to be able to sell their tickets through their green and white account to other students. In other words if a kid who holds season tickets decides to not go to a game, that will result in an empty seat without an opportunity to pawn it off to another student. I think this is a shame and will eventually result in a worse off atmosphere than just leaving the student ticket policy alone.

46 minutes ago, Sioux Lite said:

Not sure where to post this, but UND just made it impossible for students to be able to sell their tickets through their green and white account to other students. In other words if a kid who holds season tickets decides to not go to a game, that will result in an empty seat without an opportunity to pawn it off to another student. I think this is a shame and will eventually result in a worse off atmosphere than just leaving the student ticket policy alone.

Why? 

52 minutes ago, Sioux Lite said:

Why am I not shocked by this.

Of course this was the same university who tried "paperless" tickets and hockey campouts that went horribly wrong 

15 hours ago, Sioux Lite said:

Literally impossible or just more difficult? 

21 hours ago, Sioux Lite said:

Only to ‘sell’ as you allude to? Can they post it as ‘unable to use’ and another student receive it free of charge so therefore it will not result in an empty seat? 

2 hours ago, Tbone said:

Only to ‘sell’ as you allude to? Can they post it as ‘unable to use’ and another student receive it free of charge so therefore it will not result in an empty seat? 

I would certainly hope so...we need butts in seats!

6 hours ago, nodak651 said:

This.  How hard is it to distribute paper tickets for students?  It worked in the past...

Exactly-  just because you can be all modern and high tech, doesn’t mean you have to be.

In my time, (just 10 years ago) I purchased season tickets online, went to REA to pick them up. Boom, done. 

• Upvote 4