SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2019-20 Season

Frozen4sioux

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

If it is now an e-ticket for admission a screenshot should do the trick I would think. 

I've done that before at other events using a similar system.

EFFCB147-DE07-463B-9AC0-A941832287E6.thumb.jpeg.deada732a4bb21fa4809272aac656512.jpeg

Screenshot from my Apple wallet. I do this most home games.  Go to myUND Ticketmaster account and send tickets to my wallet. Then screen shot them and email or text if I can’t make it and am able to sell that night’s tickets.   

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

If it is now an e-ticket for admission a screenshot should do the trick I would think. 

I've done that before at other events using a similar system.

According to the article, student tickets are tied to their student ID number so if someone tried to use a ticket that wasn’t theirs, and didn’t match the ID, they could be turned away at the door. (I don’t know for sure this is what would happen but I’d say it’s possible) 

They basically really don’t want non-students in the student section. :silly: 

23 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

According to the article, student tickets are tied to their student ID number so if someone tried to use a ticket that wasn’t theirs, and didn’t match the ID, they could be turned away at the door. (I don’t know for sure this is what would happen but I’d say it’s possible) 

Pretty sure they won't be asking for ID with every student ticket.

14 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Pretty sure they won't be asking for ID with every student ticket.

They will, and they do. I had to show mine, as did everyone in the student line. (I graduated in 2009) . I also had a friend who went to Northland try to use a student ticket and got turned away. 

I think they might scan them now, or at least at one point they did. 

On 9/9/2019 at 8:29 PM, Sioux Lite said:

Not sure where to post this, but UND just made it impossible for students to be able to sell their tickets through their green and white account to other students. In other words if a kid who holds season tickets decides to not go to a game, that will result in an empty seat without an opportunity to pawn it off to another student. I think this is a shame and will eventually result in a worse off atmosphere than just leaving the student ticket policy alone.

This seems really dumb

11 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

They also must really want the student section to look even emptier than last year. Who cares if non-students take over the student section? If students don't show up, let's still give us a chance to fill the arena.  Maybe I'm overreacting, but this decision really pisses me off. 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Who cares if non-students take over the student section?

They dont. It's a lie. They sell unsold student tickets to the general public.

They just want more money because those tickets cost more than student tickets.

This way they'll be able to eventually take away another student section and maybe one day they hope to be able to sell all those high value lower bowl seats to the general public.

12 minutes ago, Cratter said:

This way they'll be able to eventually take away another student section and maybe one day they hope to be able to sell all those high value lower bowl seats to the general public.

Denver administration sometimes would engage in this too. They’d schedule their home series against North Dakota during breaks so that they could sell the student section seats to the general public at their premium price point. Sneaky. 

22 hours ago, burd said:

Stone age here.  You just flashed your student ID and walked in (hoping they wouldn't check under your coat or inside the sleeves).   Winter Sports Building and Ralph I.   

Don't know when that changed.  

And if they did check under your coat and found something :ohmy: you just went outside, changed coats, hats, and glasses with someone else and came right back in, lacking whatever you previously had under your coat of course.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

They can't sell student tickets that are already purchased, regardless of whether they are used or not, so how exactly are they going make more money on this?

Any tickets that are sold in the student section, which I'm not sure is even accurate because it is a general admission section and all seats sold to the general public are reserved, wouldn't be sold until a few days before game day and students will have had plenty of time to claim what they want. 

That being said, they need to come up with a way to fix this, because it is unfair. You should have to right to transfer or sell your ticket to another person, assuming that person can fulfill the requirements of that ticket (student ticket, kid's ticket, etc).

3 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

They can't sell student tickets that are already purchased, regardless of whether they are used or not, so how exactly are they going make more money on this?

Any tickets that are sold in the student section, which I'm not sure is even accurate because it is a general admission section and all seats sold to the general public are reserved, wouldn't be sold until a few days before game day and students will have had plenty of time to claim what they want. 

That being said, they need to come up with a way to fix this, because it is unfair. You should have to right to transfer or sell your ticket to another person, assuming that person can fulfill the requirements of that ticket (student ticket, kid's ticket, etc).

Just an FYI, If a member of the general public buys a ticket from the student section that went unused and was released, it’s a general admission ticket, not reserved. I know because I had one a few years back :lol:

6 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Just an FYI, If a member of the general public buys a ticket from the student section that went unused and was released, it’s a general admission ticket, not reserved. I know because I had one a few years back :lol:

Thanks for the info. I assume those are released with the rest of the unused tickets Thursday of game week. If people are going to complain about the REA releasing tickets that haven't been claimed that close to game time, then they are complaining just to complain.

2 hours ago, Siouxman said:

And if they did check under your coat and found something :ohmy: you just went outside, changed coats, hats, and glasses with someone else and came right back in, lacking whatever you previously had under your coat of course.

Like father, like son...

4 minutes ago, tnt said:

Got an email from the Ralph saying they will be using metal detectors this year.  I sure hope they open the doors a little earlier.  There is always a huge logjam in the lobby as it is waiting to get into the arena.  

Doesn’t sound like they are according to the graphic that was tweeted out by the athletic department they recommend arriving early. 

The athletic department also mentioned on their website in the article about the changes that doors open 60 minutes prior to game time.