SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2019-20 Season

Frozen4sioux

On 9/12/2019 at 2:47 PM, tnt said:

Got an email from the Ralph saying they will be using metal detectors this year.  I sure hope they open the doors a little earlier.  There is always a huge logjam in the lobby as it is waiting to get into the arena.  

A solution in search of a problem.

• Upvote 1

On 9/12/2019 at 7:15 PM, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Miami and UNO with only one each. At least Miami got us as an opponent, WMU vs UNO won't draw random eyeballs or many butts in seats.

Early start for the Miami game suggests they have a PAC-12 basketball game on CBSSN afterwards.  Speaking of which, hopefully some ASU games get on PAC-12 Network. 

That would actually be funny if it wasn't true. 

16 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Found it hilarious the top 2 returning leading scorers in the conference did not make this team. :lol:

I did some research over the weekend on who the top returning guys are stat-wise, and I was surprised at some of the names at the top. 

22 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Found it hilarious the top 2 returning leading scorers in the conference did not make this team. :lol:

I did some research over the weekend on who the top returning guys are stat-wise, and I was surprised at some of the names at the top. 

Who are the top 2 returning leading scorers? 

15 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Who are the top 2 returning leading scorers? 

I looked at overall scoring, not just conference games, but: 

Liam Finley (DU) and Josh Passolt (WMU) , which is kind of funny because I’d say they aren’t as well known as some of their teammates. 

Of those who made the preseason team, Jack Ahcan was behind them in 3rd and Justin Richards was 4th. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Right?!  Those pre-season all-conference team selections are always indicative of how the season will end up.  :D 

Nick Swaney from UMD was named and he basically had the same amount of points last year as Kawaguchi.  

So I don’t take it too seriously. Just something to talk about in this boring preseason. 

57 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

I'm excited to see this new CC transfer. Sometimes 1 guy is all the difference for PP success. They don't even necessary need to be extraordinary, they just need to be the missing piece chemistry wise. I have a good feeling about him! 

... and sometime it pushes another player that he replaces on the powerplay to pick it up as well.  

• Upvote 1