SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2019-20 Season

Frozen4sioux

31 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I like this. Change is good

Maybe pucks will go in the net in the mornings and build that confidence! 

18 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

I like this. Change is good

Maybe pucks will go in the net in the mornings and build that confidence! 

I am all in favor of having sharp practices, and if the morning works then great.  However, as to the reference to the great morning practices we had last year during the holidays - remember that immediately after Christmas break we had perhaps the most disastrous series in modern Sioux history when we were swept in a rink above a parking ramp.  So there's that. 

3 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

I'm excited to see this new CC transfer. Sometimes 1 guy is all the difference for PP success. They don't even necessary need to be extraordinary, they just need to be the missing piece chemistry wise. I have a good feeling about him! 

I had the pleasure of seeing him skate for a few seasons at CC. He plays with a lot of energy. A smaller guy but not afraid to mix it up with bigger stronger players. I’m bummed I don’t get to see Michaud skating around World Arena this season as UND doesn’t travel to CC. 

18 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I had the pleasure of seeing him skate for a few seasons at CC. He plays with a lot of energy. A smaller guy but not afraid to mix it up with bigger stronger players. I’m bummed I don’t get to see Michaud skating around World Arena this season as UND doesn’t travel to CC. 

Be fun to see him mix it up with his former teammates at The Ralph, wonder if there's any animosity there as it sounds like they were not pleased that he didn't stick around for a 4th season.

33 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Be fun to see him mix it up with his former teammates at The Ralph, wonder if there's any animosity there as it sounds like they were not pleased that he didn't stick around for a 4th season.

Technically a 5th season. :lol:

But yeah I cannot imagine they were too happy. I  personally got the impression the people he was closest with on that team all graduated with him, so it made sense that he left. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, crb1 said:

Picked to be fourth place in the NCHC behind Duluth, Denver and Western Michigan. I am sorry but that is not something this program should be striving for. Fourth place, good grief. We need to be in our rightful place. First. 

But those other teams are good right now... :glare:

5 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Given what I know, I wouldn’t be surprised if he wanted a change of scenery. This is pure speculation, mind you, but the numbers are pretty staggering of the players who’ve left the program early since Haviland took over. Look at their stud goalie, Leclerc, he bailed after his junior year to go to the ECHL.

Technically, Michaud was there 4 years but he was hurt for one of them; he got an extra year due to the graduate transfer rule. Wouldn’t know how or why his teammates or coaches could possibly be upset with him moving on, after all, CC’s has also benefited from the exact same rule, bringing in goalie Ryan Ruck from Northeastern and a forward who’s name escapes me from Yale.

15 hours ago, crb1 said:

Picked to be fourth place in the NCHC behind Duluth, Denver and Western Michigan. I am sorry but that is not something this program should be striving for. Fourth place, good grief. We need to be in our rightful place. First. 

So that’s the final standings? It’s a pretty season poll. Rarely are they right. I have a good feeling about this upcoming 2019-20 campaign.  Drop the puck already 

The huge positive is that it would be very hard for UND to score less than they did last year.   I am hoping with some of the newcomers, and another year under the belt of guys like Tychonick and JBD, that our power play will be better as well as even strength scoring.  Time will tell.  I am also hoping the undisciplined penalties will be curtailed this year. 

• Upvote 1

Single game tickets for DU hockey went on sale this morning. Looks like a lot of seats for the series against UND have already been snatched up. Seems as if the prices went up from last year; cheaper higher sections are now $30 and the lower and side sections are $40. 

Pre. Season 4th place finish....closer to  5th , than 3rd.....Arena doesn't do it anymore....most everyone has good facilities...it's 'exposure' for the kid....plus community livability....Grand Forks great for the locals.....but ...pretty low for most hockey 'mercenaries'....they also don't get off on 'tradition''....it's 'what's in it for me...now!!'  .....just sayin'...

• Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, John W. said:

Pre. Season 4th place finish....closer to  5th , than 3rd.....Arena doesn't do it anymore....most everyone has good facilities...it's 'exposure' for the kid....plus community livability....Grand Forks great for the locals.....but ...pretty low for most hockey 'mercenaries'....they also don't get off on 'tradition''....it's 'what's in it for me...now!!'  .....just sayin'...

How about joining the hockey program that currently has the most alumni in the NHL?  Even mercenaries should see the value in that.  And I don't buy that St. Cloud or Duluth has better livability or exposure.  There is absolutely no way that Clown and Duluth should have better programs than us - no way.  A year or two outlier season perhaps, but consistently better than us?  Time we regain our dominance.  That should and needs to start with this year.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, John W. said:

Ohh ohh someone’s back from a timeout.

22 minutes ago, John W. said:

Are you familiar with the concept “complete sentences”? 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, John W. said:

A good post to show how your brain works, just snatches of incomplete thoughts. Everyone has comparable facilities to UND? Yeah, gonna call BS on that. The REA is one of the top facilities and they continually work to upgrade and keep it at that level, you saying others are comparable leads me to believe you pretty much just hate anything UND. 

• Upvote 3

I type in sound bites.......you millennials should get that.....don't hate UND...got a paycheck from there for a time.....just  distaste of 'puck' arrogance....Duluth is beautiful...plus lots to see and do there......St. Cloud is one of the fastest growing metro's in MN.....much faster growth rate than GF.............(that enuff periods for you grammarians)?????....with the changing  hockey landscape....I don't see UND returning to dominance........

• Downvote 2

I type in sound bites.......you millennials should get that.....don't hate UND...got a paycheck from there for a time.....just  distaste of 'puck' arrogance....Duluth is beautiful...plus lots to see and do there......St. Cloud is one of the fastest growing metro's in MN.....much faster growth rate than GF.............(that enuff periods for you grammarians)?????....with the changing  hockey landscape....I don't see UND returning to dominance........

The changing hockey landscape has something to do with Duluth being beautiful and St Cloud being fast growing. Interesting. 

• Upvote 3

Must... stop.... Cannot.... Not .... take the.... troll bait....

UGH... 

• Upvote 3