SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2019-20 Season

Frozen4sioux

On 9/18/2019 at 10:10 AM, Siouxperfan7 said:

SCSU for the past several years has been practicing the morning too. Worked well for them as one player told me, "kind of forces you to get to bed at a good time." 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Must... stop.... Cannot.... Not .... take the.... troll bait....

UGH... 

Just.............needs....................more....................................periods.....................................................................................................

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, John W. said:

Pre. Season 4th place finish....closer to  5th , than 3rd.....Arena doesn't do it anymore....most everyone has good facilities...it's 'exposure' for the kid....plus community livability....Grand Forks great for the locals.....but ...pretty low for most hockey 'mercenaries'....they also don't get off on 'tradition''....it's 'what's in it for me...now!!'  .....just sayin'...

You don't know what you are talking about.....just sayin'.....

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

3b320v.jpg

Actually what John W is using is an ellipsis...(I just came from a Grammar Rodeo)

An ellipsis (plural ellipses ; from the Ancient Greek : ἔλλειψις, élleipsis, 'omission' or ' falling short ') is a series of dots (typically three, such as "…") that usually indicates an intentional omission of a word, sentence, or whole section from a text without altering its original meaning.

Maybe he's just leaving the wrong words out...;)

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Actually what John W is using is an ellipsis...(I just came from a Grammar Rodeo)

An ellipsis (plural ellipses ; from the Ancient Greek : ἔλλειψις, élleipsis, 'omission' or ' falling short ') is a series of dots (typically three, such as "…") that usually indicates an intentional omission of a word, sentence, or whole section from a text without altering its original meaning.

Maybe he's just leaving the wrong words out...;)

I think using WAY more than three doesn't define "typical" use hahaha. Don't give him any credit :D

According to the Heraldo, Karl will have responsibility for the power play.  That can only be a good thing.  A frustrating year last year, but it looks like Berry is making some changes that should show positive results.  If our returning forwards can take a positive step in development we should be back in the thick of things.  Can't wait until the season starts.

14 minutes ago, Irish said:

According to the Heraldo, Karl will have responsibility for the power play.  That can only be a good thing.  A frustrating year last year, but it looks like Berry is making some changes that should show positive results.  If our returning forwards can take a positive step in development we should be back in the thick of things.  Can't wait until the season starts.

Told ya ;) haha. I hope all of these tweaks work! I really like the early practice one.

24 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Anyone know where I can find a recording of the rink live NCHC staff reporters from the other day? There’s a link in the Herald but when you click on it, it says it’s offline. I’d love to hear the discussion among Schlossman and the other beat writers. 

It’s available on the bulldog insider podcast feed also if that works better. I listen to podcasts on Apple podcasts and I found it there. 

Warning: shades of arrogance can be found while listening. If I have to listen to that all season it’s gonna be a long winter. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, siouxforce19 said:

It’s available on the bulldog insider podcast feed also if that works better. I listen to podcasts on Apple podcasts and I found it there. 

Warning: shades of arrogance can be found while listening. If I have to listen to that all season it’s gonna be a long winter. 

Thanks for the suggestion! I found it and just listened to it.

I got some nuggets of information but any talk about Duluth kinda bored me; maybe out of petty jealousy, maybe just tired of Duluth winning. I wish we could’ve gotten a broader conversation about all 8 members. Not once did I even hear Omaha or Miami mentioned in the pod cast. Was hoping to hear some pros and cons for each of the 8 member programs.

• Upvote 1

I thought the exact same thing.  Hopefully the tide turns in the one goal games, which is what Duluth has been exceptional at.  They are hardly the dominant team that you think are unbeatable, but you can’t beat yourself like we did with a chance to sweep them with Gardner giving them a 5 on 3 power play.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, tnt said:

I thought the exact same thing.  Hopefully the tide turns in the one goal games, which is what Duluth has been exceptional at.  They are hardly the dominant team that you think are unbeatable, but you can’t beat yourself like we did with a chance to sweep them with Gardner giving them a 5 on 3 power play.

Anyone know off hand where UND ranked in the conference in penalties? Just my off the cuff impression was that we had to have been among the leaders in PIMS. 

44 minutes ago, tnt said:

Schlossman’s comment about UMD’s lack of offense wasn’t well received by the UMD beat writer. (I saw the video version so I saw his facial expression). I think that while they’ve been able to win those low scoring games the last couple years, I feel like lack of offense could come back to bite them unless they start scoring more. Which is valid. 2014-15 UND team was masterful at winning those close games, didn’t always score a lot,  came back  to bite them in the Frozen Four when Zane has a bad game and we couldn’t score enough to come back. (Just as an example) 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Anyone know off hand where UND ranked in the conference in penalties? Just my off the cuff impression was that we had to have been among the leaders in PIMS. 

We were 1st. Though if you look at overall and not just conference games, UND had 13.9, Omaha had 13.8 and Western had 13.6, so not much difference between the top teams in that stat. Conference games are a different story. 

(www.collegehockeystats.net) 

• Upvote 1

We were 1st. Though if you look at overall and not just conference games, UND had 13.9, Omaha had 13.8 and Western had 13.6, so not much difference between the top teams in that stat. Conference games are a different story. 

(www.collegehockeystats.net) 

Not surprising for a team with mediocre foot speed and talent.  I think there might also be a little old school hockey culture at UND that doesn't fit so well with modern rules enforcement.  That may well be BS.  I'm sure I'll hear about it.   

11 minutes ago, burd said:

Not surprising for a team with mediocre foot speed and talent.  I think there might also be a little old school hockey culture at UND that doesn't fit so well with modern rules enforcement.  That may well be BS.  I'm sure I'll hear about it.   

I thought penalty minutes were pretty high league wide. A lot of teams taking a lot of penalties.