SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Season

UNDBIZ

5 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I have heard Ott is done.

So we were wrong, and other schools were right.  Coming in with an ACL injury, leaving with the other knee blown, he gave it a roll of the dice, hopefully no regrets for the kid!!

The irony is that Bubba insisted on scheduling SU on the road (instead of a cupcake) for the good of the state and that game could likely cost the team the playoffs and his job. Fortunately there are at least 7 wins in this schedule.   

5 hours ago, CMSioux said:

The irony is that Bubba insisted on scheduling SU on the road (instead of a cupcake) for the good of the state and that game could likely cost the team the playoffs and his job. Fortunately there are at least 7 wins in this schedule.   

Go for the damn win. And if they lose, there are 10 other games to win. 

If Bubba gets fired following 2019, it will be because of far more issues than merely scheduling UND’s rival.

FYI: 7 wins means playoffs for UND 

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Go for the damn win. And if they lose, there are 10 other games to win. 

If Bubba gets fired following 2019, it will be because of far more issues than merely scheduling UND’s rival.

FYI: 7 wins means playoffs for UND 

I am beating a dead horse, but add  ONE frickin' offensive TD in each game last fall and we finish 9-2(NAU would have been far different game, going in 9-1) and are a top seed in the playoff and who knows how far that team goes. 

Defense was ranked 26th in FCS.  How high if it not out on the field the entire second half of games later in the season.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I am beating a dead horse, but add  ONE frickin' offensive TD in each game last fall and we finish 9-2(NAU would have been far different game, going in 9-1) and are a top seed in the playoff and who knows how far that team goes. 

Defense was ranked 26th in FCS.  How high if it not out on the field the entire second half of games later in the season.  

I appreciate your comments. I respond only to note that the D has one failing over the past couple of years- stopping the mobile QB.

How many times did they fail to stop a team on 3rd down as a QB ran away from our D? This must improve!

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, shep said:

I appreciate your comments. I respond only to note that the D has one failing over the past couple of years- stopping the mobile QB.

How many times did they fail to stop a team on 3rd down as a QB ran away from our D? This must improve!

If that''s a problem,  you're in a world of hurt when you play at EWU.

15 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Bubba didn’t “insist”. He was part of the decision. There was tremendous pressure from across the state and from Alumni. 

16 hours ago, shep said:

We definitely need to improve on defending mobile QB’s, but mobile QB’s give almost all teams fits. 

On 7/12/2019 at 5:02 PM, CMSioux said:

Sorry my intent was not to suggest that UND has no chance -  I have been around for more than 30 of these battles and the favored teams didn't always win - one bounce of the ball, one player making a key play is all it takes sometimes. 

• Upvote 3

On 7/11/2019 at 3:04 PM, gundy1124 said:

So we were wrong, and other schools were right.  Coming in with an ACL injury, leaving with the other knee blown, he gave it a roll of the dice, hopefully no regrets for the kid!!

Sad part is he was IMHO in the middle of his best game at Sam Houston.....how many of those injuries has this team had? 

Best of luck to the kid.  Hope walking doesn't hurt when he is 50.....

50 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Sad part is he was IMHO in the middle of his best game at Sam Houston.....how many of those injuries has this team had? 

Ott made a fairly sharp cut, but not unreasonable. 

Palmborg simply tried to do something no knee could withstand.....he jumped 3 feet high and 10 feet long and upon landing thought a 90 degree cut was going to work.  I put that one on the player.

13 hours ago, Wilbur said:

The career ending injury that hurts me the most is Cam Kuksa. If we would have had Kuksa and Reyes roaming back there that would have been unreal. 

• Upvote 1