SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Season

UNDBIZ

7 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Assuming we don't land an FBS dropdown at QB, I would think next year it will be Grover's team. I haven't seen him play at all but it seems there has been positive reports around him.

No question about it, you will need to bring in a transfer QB whether it be a FBS drop down or juco. After this year you only have Grover, Shuster and I suspect a 2020 recruit. Thats an awful amount of inexperience for the most important position on the team.  You would then expect Grover and the transfer to battle it out for the starting job.

• Upvote 1

@siouxfan512 I've had the same thoughts, as I'm always looking a few years down the road at all positions. Looking at the roster this year, a couple positions are going to be hit hard after this year. QB (2) RB (3) LB (4) DB (4) key players at WR (2) DE (2) TE (1). Very interested how the young depth looks this year at QB, RB, ILB, OLB and Safety. 

As far as dropdown or transfer QB's for next year, this year's offense will go a long ways in getting some of these guys to come in. If Freund's offense does well and is as dynamic as advertised, it should look appealing to many a QB looking for a change.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Feff said:

As far as dropdown or transfer QB's for next year, this year's offense will go a long ways in getting some of these guys to come in. If Freund's offense does well and is as dynamic as advertised, it should look appealing to many a QB looking for a change.

Absolutely, that would extend to WR as well.  That might have been one of the reasons Klein from Mandan picked us over Mo U 

1 hour ago, LkvlleUNDFan said:

Whatever's cold and on sale in GF. Preferably something local.

I go with premium grainbelt after I smuggle a bunch back from hunting in October. Regular and nordeast. First half of the season it's something local around here.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

One month from today!!

4CB8FB73-86C0-4B23-9C26-97EF3E6F7F2A.jpeg

Would be great to see one or both of them come out for some future games in some throwback uniforms. 

UND has a couple classic looks and the Snorty logo for NDSU is bomb af.

20 hours ago, AJS said:

@siouxfan512 I've had the same thoughts, as I'm always looking a few years down the road at all positions. Looking at the roster this year, a couple positions are going to be hit hard after this year. QB (2) RB (3) LB (4) DB (4) key players at WR (2) DE (2) TE (1). Very interested how the young depth looks this year at QB, RB, ILB, OLB and Safety. 

I think it’s in everyone of us to look ahead ...to a certain degree. But looking at positional breakdown of this years group is interesting .

DL - 2 seniors, 0 jun, 2 soph, 9 freshman ( 6 of which are true ). VERY YOUNG!!

cb- 1 sen, 1 jun, 1 soph....the rest are freshman.  

outside of those two positions the rest have a great combination of upper class/ young talent.  

For up coming seasons.....recruiting a  qb should be priority #1.  That hasn’t been the case  

1 hour ago, Longtime fan said:

For up coming seasons.....recruiting a  qb should be priority #1.  That hasn’t been the case  

I believe the offers have been made in the past seasons, but Bubba has not been able to land the young guns... after all, what hot young qb would want to come to UND under Rudy’s system to hand off the ball on the first and second downs and then be swarmed under on third down because it’s 3rd and long and the defense knows you have to pass? Will that change under Freund? Time will tell.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ozzie82 said:

I'm interested to hear the evidence that the UND football staff did not prioritize QB recruiting.

Yeah I mean Case left them scrambling last minute last year. From everything I’ve heard, they were definitely pleased in being able to land Schuster. 

11 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Yeah I mean Case left them scrambling last minute last year. From everything I’ve heard, they were definitely pleased in being able to land Schuster. 

For sure. It seems to me the only reason Schuster is not playing FBS is because if his height. 

• Upvote 1