SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Season

UNDBIZ

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

There is no way UND can beat NDSU. No way. No way. No way. Never been done. 

Oh, and, no way ...

Screw NDSU. UND can get it done. So can NDSU, obviously. I'm going to just wait until September 7th and enjoy a great football game. Thank you. 

I think this will be a very good game.

2 hours ago, andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!! said:

Good Luck!  This parody came out when I was in law school.  

Thanks! I love it.

1 hour ago, Hawkster said:

Let me guess where.   UND, as in University of Notre Dame?

I'm honored you think so highly of me. Had I put in some effort in undergrad I would have had a shot. But no, not Notre Dame. 

14 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I'll do $50 if they pull that off.

I hope you put your money where your mouth is. Bison fans look at 2015 for reference of the upcoming game, UND fans look at recent history. UND is 3-2 since 2000 in the series, and no one from the 2015 game is playing in this years game. Bison has a new coach, new QB, but UND has a new OC which should open the playbook up and put more points in the board. Remember 34-13 UND in 1994, of course you don’t Bison records don’t start until 2010. So I think this game will be a lot different than 2015 with a different team winning. 

6 hours ago, darell1976 said:

I hope you put your money where your mouth is. Bison fans look at 2015 for reference of the upcoming game, UND fans look at recent history. UND is 3-2 since 2000 in the series, and no one from the 2015 game is playing in this years game. Bison has a new coach, new QB, but UND has a new OC which should open the playbook up and put more points in the board. Remember 34-13 UND in 1994, of course you don’t Bison records don’t start until 2010. So I think this game will be a lot different than 2015 with a different team winning. 

Wait...you are looking at recent history, by claiming games from anywhere from 1994-2003 are relevant? Lmao wut? 

And no. I dont remember 1994, I was 2 at the time. So you got me there!

7 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Lets bet.  Loser logs out for a year.

I'm getting more excited for the season as each day passes. What's odd is that I have no idea what to expect in terms of wins and losses. Between new OC, OLC, WRC, DLC (Schmidt) and LBC, the loss of key players, and the challenging schedule - I don't have a clue. Nerve-wracking and fun at the same time!

• Upvote 4

I still think they can get to 8 wins.  

Just beat the teams you need to beat and defend home turf. 

Eastern and Weber will be tough on the road... but they have two weeks to prep for both, so NOT impossible to get at least one win. 

NDSU.... I'll save that for the week of.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I still think they can get to 8 wins.  

Just beat the teams you need to beat and defend home turf. 

Eastern and Weber will be tough on the road... but they have two weeks to prep for both, so NOT impossible to get at least one win. 

NDSU.... I'll save that for the week of.

When they beat NDSU if they can remain Humbled after the victory Grand forks bring out the brooms because sweeping the season they will do. 11-0 for sure. Now if they get to caught up with the win they might lose a close one to Sam Houston or Eastern only because of the high of the NDSU win. But after that humility will return and 10-1 they will go. North Dakota fans in Beaumont. Go 2019 Hawks. And we are coming to North Dakota to see a few games.

3 hours ago, Beaumont said:

When they beat NDSU if they can remain Humbled after the victory Grand forks bring out the brooms because sweeping the season they will do. 11-0 for sure. Now if they get to caught up with the win they might lose a close one to Sam Houston or Eastern only because of the high of the NDSU win. But after that humility will return and 10-1 they will go. North Dakota fans in Beaumont. Go 2019 Hawks. And we are coming to North Dakota to see a few games.

I love it!!  The start of college football is so epic because week #1, everyone is undefeated.  As players and 'extensions' of players (family) this is the expectation, run the table.  If the players aren't thinking this, might as well not put the pads on.  See you in GF!!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

I love it!!  The start of college football is so epic because week #1, everyone is undefeated.  As players and 'extensions' of players (family) this is the expectation, run the table.  If the players aren't thinking this, might as well not put the pads on.  See you in GF!!

Hell yea!! Say that Then the players and the coaches must feel like this and the whole Grand Forks community has to believe it too!! This season they have nothing to lose!! It's time to let it all hang out!! Throw caution in the wind and kick azz ..

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Beaumont said:

11-0 is a real Possibility!! Just like 6-5 last year could have easily been 10-1 real talk.

I have a feeling that Beaumont's comments are going to show up just as much on Bison-swille as here :). Love the passion we will be cheering double loud for your son. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, dmksioux said:

So I see there are special promotions throughout the season, including a “throwback” game vs. UNC.  Anyone know if they will have a special throwback uni for that game?

They better. That would be sweet. One of those Unis with a million stripes. The uglier the better.

• Upvote 1

I don't know about you all, but I'm getting the itch for some UND football, especially with recruiting picking up for 2020.

Before we get there, we have the 2019 season coming up. We say it every year, and I get tired of the same old thing, but is this a year UND can turn a corner and start winning with some consistency? UND has a crazy tough schedule, but if you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. The team needs to look at their schedule as less of a challenge and more of an opportunity. There is definitely some talent on the roster, and hopefully there is now a coordinator in place that knows how to use it. Does that mean it will all work out? No, but it definitely makes the season a little more intriguing that if Rudy was still calling his patented 3 and out plays.

I figured I'd go back and take a look at some of our new recruits that will be (hopefully already are) on campus. We had some solid names that I forgot about, so who do we see getting their shirt pulled, or at least making the most out of their allotted playing time (without losing their redshirt)

Tommy Schuster-Probably not; Ketteringham, Grover, Zimmerman ... and thats my QB order personally)

Luke Skokna-This could be a possibility as we lost London, but we still have JJ, Mckinney, Gordon, Sherva so Skokna would need to really show something to burn eligibility, but if the talent it there .....

Elijah Beach - Big kid

Chandon Pierre - 3 star kid with several offers, how does he stack up as a freshman.

Jay Domingue - Hope the kid sees the field plenty and shows off his FBS experience.

Caleb Nelson -3 star kid with several offers, how does he stack up as a freshman.

Samuel-Salih Fort - Another big CB recruit, how does he stack up as a freshman.

Finally, WHO KICKS???

Thoughts?!?!? Lets get some football chat going!

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I'm still concerned about losing 60 pounds on the DL.  Hopefully the more experienced LBs can fill the gaps.

Think back to two years ago when teams consistently ran up the middle.  Hoping some young men had a huge summer.