Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
UNDBIZ

2019 Season

Recommended Posts

Just now, Kab said:

Are there any bus trips to games during the season?

looking at the eastern Washington game.

sort of hard to fly there .

I wish someone would have organized bus trips to the Montana/Montana State Series.

Take the bus Friday, stay two nights, drive back Sunday. Very doable over the weekend when someone else is driving. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

23 hours ...

Factoring in the Amtrack delay factor, weather, maintenance, ... you should've left yesterday. :D 

No kidding.  Train was cancelled once when I was leaving Grand Forks for a morning flight out of MSP - they didnt tell us it was cancelled until after our departure time.  Not a fun drive....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hour flight from Bismarck and $500 each

drive time is maybe 16 hours 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From Williston a 12 hour Drive.   Once I drove from Seattle area to Williston in one day.  Long day.  I think I just might drive for this game.  Sept is not bad.  late Oct Nov this could be a much longer drive with snow in the pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, northernraider said:

I would like a relatively injury free year. Seems past couple of seasons a key starter was hurt early and never made it back. 

This... worry about cheap shots in the 2nd game...

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, NDSU grad said:

No to mention the drive from Williston to Browning is beautiful.  :)

Drive wide open with my eyes closed until I get to browning.:p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From Williston do you take northern high line route or drop down and take interstate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kab said:

6 hour flight from Bismarck and $500 each

drive time is maybe 16 hours 

Try 19 or 20....it's about 14 from Beach and that's interstate all the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NDRA said:

Try 19 or 20....it's about 14 from Beach and that's interstate all the way.

It’s only 2 hours from Bismarck to Beach, so Kab’s math adds up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kab said:

From Williston do you take northern high line route or drop down and take interstate

Northern route.  Less miles.   It is two lane but many places to pass so very seldom slowed down by traffic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would still like to see a bus trip with boarding sites along the way in Minot, Bismarck and Williston or Dickinson 

leave Friday and return after the game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kab said:

Would still like to see a bus trip with boarding sites along the way in Minot, Bismarck and Williston or Dickinson 

leave Friday and return after the game 

The fun bus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This ranking looks slightly different than some of the others.  We are the last honorable mention on the list.  It's time for our team to take a big leap this year and get back on the radar.....permanently!

 

https://thefanatic.com/college/football/2019/08/the-fanatics-top-25-jackrabbits-lead-our-preseason-fcs-ranking/?fbclid=IwAR2FO7hwySTCF98JCjMHuT0F5wD_5Re6LXJsjktIDsi-9NxDUlmTkYpwR-8 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Important question here: What is your go-to game day beer?

Busch Latte or Miller High Life ..... but if its a late game, Bourbon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Busch Latte or Miller High Life ..... but if its a late game, Bourbon!

Solid choice on the latter...I can't do Latte's anymore. They were $13.98 a 30 rack in college so naturally that was the go to...every weekend lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the risk of looking too far forward, I do wonder who will be ready to take over at QB next season. I only bring this up because, I would like to see this team dominate some games, and give the backup QBs some more experience.

Grover or Schuster? Who will the staff consider more ready to take over next season. Do either get some snaps over Zim? Obviously, you don't want to burn Schuster's redshirt, but he probably wouldn't see more than 4 games anyway.

Next year will be a demanding schedule as well, with an FBS game, and joining The Valley. So whoever is going to be "the guy"; it would be nice to have that person get some game time experience this season, if the opportunity it there.

Thoughts?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

At the risk of looking too far forward, I do wonder who will be ready to take over at QB next season. I only bring this up because, I would like to see this team dominate some games, and give the backup QBs some more experience.

Grover or Schuster? Who will the staff consider more ready to take over next season. Do either get some snaps over Zim? Obviously, you don't want to burn Schuster's redshirt, but he probably wouldn't see more than 4 games anyway.

Next year will be a demanding schedule as well, with an FBS game, and joining The Valley. So whoever is going to be "the guy"; it would be nice to have that person get some game time experience this season, if the opportunity it there.

Thoughts?

 

 

Assuming we don't land an FBS dropdown at QB, I would think next year it will be Grover's team. I haven't seen him play at all but it seems there has been positive reports around him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...