SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

You are right Les Miles was a horrible coach with a shotty record. His national championship was just a fluke as his coaching had nothing to do about it. 

Im flabbergasted that some of you think Klieman is a better coach that Miles. Klieman has proved nothing at the FBS level and to say Miles record in the best conference in FBS was poor is seriously delusional.

So Klieman doesn't deserve a chance?   I guess we'll truly find out if Miles is head and shoulders above Klieman in the next several years.  

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Not really. How many legit B1G players did NDSU snatch from MN in that time? Marcus Williams, Billy Turner, and..... who?

I heard Brewster was such bumbling idiot and UND (also fools at the time) didn't have a presence in the twin cities and NDSU cleaned up.  I am not going to do the research but that's what I was told.

And really, what makes a good team great is a couple special players that elevate the team.  You and I have said it before, what did a Clive G. do for our offense?  What does a Turner do for a run game?  What does a legit NFL guy do for a secondary in Williams?  (and no, our phony NFL d-back prospects over the past few years do not rise to that level)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

You are right Les Miles is a chump. He has only won one national championship. He has a lot to prove he will be better than Klieman.

If you can point out to me anywhere where I said that, or anything near that, I would appreciate it.  

2 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

I heard Brewster was such bumbling idiot and UND (also fools at the time) didn't have a presence in the twin cities and NDSU cleaned up.  I am not going to do the research but that's what I was told.

And really, what makes a good team great is a couple special players that elevate the team.  You and I have said it before, what did a Clive G. do for our offense?  What does a Turner do for a run game?  What does a legit NFL guy do for a secondary in Williams?  (and no, our phony NFL d-back prospects over the past few years do not rise to that level)

Maybe add Crockett to the B1G list. Not nothing but I think people believe that NDSU was chalked full of FBS talent that should have been with the gophers. Most of their studs, like Grant Olson, didn’t have the measurables. Now that you mention it, I’m curious enough to compile a list of Brewster era Cities recruits that NDSU pulled.

19 minutes ago, tnt said:

So Klieman doesn't deserve a chance?   I guess we'll truly find out if Miles is head and shoulders above Klieman in the next several years.  

A lot of it is just hate for anything NDSU. It runs deep in GF. I hope he succeeds and I think he will. If not he’s set for life. 

44 minutes ago, Rory said:

A lot of it is just hate for anything NDSU. It runs deep in GF. I hope he succeeds and I think he will. If not he’s set for life. 

A lot of it is just hate for anything UND. It runs deep in Fargo.  I hope Hak succeeds and I think he will.  If not he's set for life.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

I’m not convinced that NDSUs huge advantage this whole time has been amazing coaching. Bohl would be doing better if that was the case. I think it’s the player culture established by the 2013 senior class. They set the expectations and the work ethic and it’s been passed along with each class. 

The most valuable coach in Fargo has been their strength coach, and it's not even close ..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

That is the 2013 senior class.  They were young and impressionable in that EWU game. They never forgot that feeling and took it out in everyone til they graduated and that same desperation to win and prepare has continued on with each class.

No.  I’m saying he senior class the year they lost to EWU.  They put the time in to turn the culture so the guys you are talking about could see what it took to be successful. 

1 hour ago, homer said:

No.  I’m saying he senior class the year they lost to EWU.  They put the time in to turn the culture so the guys you are talking about could see what it took to be successful. 

Then I disagree. That senior class was leftovers from the previous culture when NDSU was in a lot of trouble off the field.

How would it even be possible to have a new coach in place by signing day if it’s not an internal candidate? Do the open records laws and internal/external postings rules (laws) not have a bearing on this situation? Because I’m pretty sure that has played a role in UND’s hiring practices in recent years.  https://www.inforum.com/sports/931965-Larsen-to-look-at-candidates-to-replace-Klieman-for-next-three-to-four-days

3 minutes ago, choyt3 said:

How would it even be possible to have a new coach in place by signing day if it’s not an internal candidate? Do the open records laws and internal/external postings rules (laws) not have a bearing on this situation? Because I’m pretty sure that has played a role in UND’s hiring practices in recent years.  https://www.inforum.com/sports/931965-Larsen-to-look-at-candidates-to-replace-Klieman-for-next-three-to-four-days

I think the rules are different if it an in-house hire.  How many days did it take for Berry to be named HC?  I think it was pretty quick.

Maybe add Crockett to the B1G list. Not nothing but I think people believe that NDSU was chalked full of FBS talent that should have been with the gophers. Most of their studs, like Grant Olson, didn’t have the measurables. Now that you mention it, I’m curious enough to compile a list of Brewster era Cities recruits that NDSU pulled.

Throw Vraa in there too.  

5 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Do you feel they are one of the best teams in the country?

I guess where you or I think they are in the big picture is irrelevant. All I know UND is a year away from being in the same conference. At some point it would  be nice not to be the lag dog constantly sniffing the lead dog's a**.

It wasn't an issue of NDSU taking recruits "from" Brewster since he didn't recruit them as he as busy trying to pull 4 and 5 stars from Texas. There were a few players at NDSU who should have had full rides to Minnesota offered and many others who could have easily played for his Minnesota teams. 

If Brewster doesn't have a ring or two from NDSU it is at worst criminal and at the very least not very neighborly like.

Still can't believe Brewster blocked me on twitter.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, petey23 said:

It wasn't an issue of NDSU taking recruits "from" Brewster since he didn't recruit them as he as busy trying to pull 4 and 5 stars from Texas. There were a few players at NDSU who should have had full rides to Minnesota offered and many others who could have easily played for his Minnesota teams. 

If Brewster doesn't have a ring or two from NDSU it is at worst criminal and at the very least not very neighborly like.

Still can't believe Brewster blocked me on twitter.

I never said they pulled them from Brewster.